Page 114 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3155

What difference does it make. People would have binged the 4 hours antway.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What difference does it make. People would have binged the 4 hours antway.
    It makes loads of difference in terms of how the footage is edited. Four one-hour segments needs to be structured much differently than one four hour segment.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure Snyder would understand that, so you may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    It makes loads of difference in terms of how the footage is edited. Four one-hour segments needs to be structured much differently than one four hour segment.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure Snyder would understand that, so you may be right.
    More than likely he couldn’t make it work in 1 hour pieces so he gave up and asked for it to go back to being one long movie.

Most people outside of the die hard Snydercut people are gonna watch it In chunks anyway. So honestly making it work episodic wouldn't have been that hard. It doesn't need to function as a TV show just don't have parts end mid scene. Doesnt matter though I'll just do what I did with the Irishman. Watch what I can and I'll decide where to cut it until next time.

It is mostly the same movie I am skipping to new parts that I haven't seen. If it was released in episode form I would have watch it over again but 4 hours of something I have already seen before a couple times .Nah. I love Lord of the Rings I have the extended cuts 4 hours is a task even for a movie you like to see.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post

Yeah, something tells me Snyder would've just chosen arbitrary points in the movie to end each "episode" rather than re-editing in such a way as to give the "episodes" their own individual arcs/themes.

But of course, kind of silly anyhow since its not like anyone is forced to watch it all in one four-hour stretch, just take a break whenever you get tired of watching and pick it up again the next day or whatever. You know, like people do when watching any movie at home.

The only problem will be avoiding spoilers coming from people who watch the whole thing right away, but i'm guessing the average viewer doesn't have that much invested in a seemingly dead version of the DCEU, mostly an issue for hardcore Snyder fans.

Also, it will be an issue for people who depend on clicks since four eps would potentially allow for separate posts about each ep, generating more clicks. Plus if they don't sit thru the whole movie right away someone else will beat them to the punch with a review. But that only matters for people whose livelihood depends on getting clicks and i don't see why the average viewer would care about that. In other words the people most upset are likely to be people who to need to post reviews so we will probably hear a lot of grumbling from them but it matters little to casual consumers
    Last edited by basbash99; 01-18-2021 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is mostly the same movie I am skipping to new parts that I haven't seen. If it was released in episode form I would have watch it over again but 4 hours of something I have already seen before a couple times .Nah. I love Lord of the Rings I have the extended cuts 4 hours is a task even for a movie you like to see.
    I hope it does get released as a single movie. Yes, four hours is very long, but I do believe a movie should be a done-in-one experience. Cutting it into 4 chapters makes it a TV miniseries. Nothing wrong with that, but you do lose the epic momentum feel of a movie.

Likely, HBO Max will try to have their cake and eat it, too, with a four-chapter version being released sometime after the unified version has run its course.

As far as it being "mostly the same movie," that's just not true. First, this movie is 2 hours LONGER than the theatrical cut, so you're definitely getting another movie's worth of new material.

Second, Snyder is throwing out ALL of Joss Whedon's additions. Snyder specifically said he's not including anything in the movie that he didn't shoot himself. So, the story itself will be vastly different in terms of tone and plot.

All of Whedon's reshoots to shorten the run time, remove characters (like Iris, Mera, Vulko, and Darkseid), change the color palette, and lighten the tone will be dumped.

If you do a marathon of Man of Steel, Batman v Superman Ultimate Cut, and then Snyder's Justice League, you'd get the closest approximation to what Snyder would have done if he were left alone to begin with.

I know lots of people don't like Snyder's dark, Watchmen-like take on the classic DC heroes, but for those of us that were intrigued by it, ZSJL will be the culmination of everything, and will be completely different from Whedon's product.

So, I'm thinking that the entire four hours is necessary watching because it's basically two different stories that just happen to use some of the same film footage (i.e. the Snyder stuff that Whedon included in his JL).

One good thing about it being on HBOMax is I won't have to seat thru the full 4 hours in one sitting. I have nothing against longer versions of films I sat thru a 7 hour version of the Godfather I & II and loved it but I doubt Snyder's Justice League will hold my attention and it's nice to take brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    No one really know what they're doing with this, do they?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Could just be Snyder not following directions, again, but this time its AT&T not WB who can say yay or nay, and AT&T is like "*shrugs* ok".

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I don't think anyone ever knew what they were doing with this movie(?).

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I hope it does get released as a single movie. Yes, four hours is very long, but I do believe a movie should be a done-in-one experience.
    Guarantee the vast majority isn't gonna watch that in one shot. Look what happened with the Irishman. IIRC it was like 13-15 million peole watched it in America the first week. But only 18% of them watched the whole thing in one sitting. That was 30mins shorter and a Scorsese film. I personally saw it in 3 parts and it didn't effect my enjoyment but I didn't wait a week between watching. Finshed the whole film in like 4 days.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I don't think anyone ever knew what they were doing with this movie(?).
    I suspect no one knew why they were doing this movie, other than someone made them believe they could make a few bucks. As I understand it, that depends on a lot of new, perpetuated subscriptions. Seems like a stretch to hang a business like that on a failed movie series.

i guess we'll find out this year. Or not? still scheduled, I guess?

I think, although bad from a business perspective, creatively it should remain a movie. I don't think Snyder has the skill to make it a consistent tv show (Which I think would be hard for any director to do with an already shot film).

I think normal people are gonna pass on a 4 hour movie honestly - people who don't know what "The Snyder Cut" is. I just can't imagine people wanting to see a movie that looks all too similar to the bad movie they saw 3 years ago. If it was split into 4 parts it would be more digestible for the general audience imo. I could be wrong though!