Page 63 of 211 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    BvS is a movie that will be viewed better with time, its already happening. people already admit the hate train of the film was over the top.
    Gonna have to ask you for a source for this. Just so, you know, it doesn't come across as your attempt to pass your opinion off as fact.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea this ^^^

He had issues already and then the hate throw at BVS must have compounded them. He said playing Batman was gonna kill him because of the stress and the amount is was driving him to drink. If BvS would have been well recieved it might have been a different story. But yea i never heard of Johns and Wb interference being an issue for him. Maybe with that Script he wrote for Batman but iono.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This is what I read too.

It just sounded like Affleck didn’t need the stress and negative energy at that point in time.

BvS and JLs reception was clearly something he wasn’t prepared for.
    Johns was helping him write the script for the solo Batman movie, right? At least early on? Maybe there was some friction there. Though Johns seems to get along well with Patty Jenkins to good results.

My heart really does go out to the guy (Affleck). I was always rooting for him with the casting, and the final results aren't his fault (it really isn't any of the casts' fault, even though Eisenberg sucks he was probably playing it exactly as he was told). The Sad Affleck meme was really unfunny when you remember all the events surrounding him at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    BvS is a movie that will be viewed better with time, its already happening. people already admit the hate train of the film was over the top.

The only thing Whedon did that was passable with JL was showing how powerful Superman really was. the rest can be nixed in the bin. I am taking it seriously Snyder would not be using any of Whedon's footage.
    The first sentence is sheer speculation. I remember people that, for reasons I cannot fathom, hated Spiderman II (Doc Ock) saying that, within five years, people would see how overrated it was. Still waiting for all the people that see that instead of it rightfully being considered one of the great superhero movies, one that proved a superhero movie can be about real people with real problems and not all fights and action and still be great.

I suspect that, with B v S, the people saying how great it was are mostly the people who liked it to begin with and vice versa.

Ironically, the one thing you seem to like about Whedon's JL is the biggest thing it gets criticized for- and there's a lot to criticize.

Snyder has specifically stated in an interview that he will use nothing from Whedon's version, which I understand from a creative view.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Johns was helping him write the script for the solo Batman movie, right? At least early on? Maybe there was some friction there. Though Johns seems to get along well with Patty Jenkins to good results.

My heart really does go out to the guy (Affleck). I was always rooting for him with the casting, and the final results aren't his fault (it really isn't any of the casts' fault, even though Eisenberg sucks he was probably playing it exactly as he was told). The Sad Affleck meme was really unfunny when you remember all the events surrounding him at the time.
    It's tragic that like Gadot, he should be proud of his performance in B vs S. The movie was elevated by his presence. He gave it his all, despite the writing holding back. And he had the self awareness to realise how badly the movie fumbled the execution. I don't even blame Eisenberg for what he did, he did a great Joker - that was the performance Snyder wanted. It's a pity I was looking forward to watching Zuckerberg lex, and instead we got that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Joker? Wasn't he Lex Luthor in "Batman versus Superman"?
    The problem was his personality was nothing like Lex, but you're right he wasn't Joker he was Jim Carey's Riddler.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    It would be a bit more interesting if he said exactly what the abuse he was talking about was. So far, all I've heard is that he crapped on Snyders version of the movie. Which isn't very nice obviously... but it's not abusive. I'm assuming there a lot more too it than he's letting on.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It would be a bit more interesting if he said exactly what the abuse he was talking about was. So far, all I've heard is that he crapped on Snyders version of the movie. Which isn't very nice obviously... but it's not abusive. I'm assuming there a lot more too it than he's letting on.
    I was open minded to start, I don't want anyone working in a toxic state but at this stage I'm leaning the other way. I mean, if there was more wouldn't he have let on by now? He's been talking about this for months now and not only has he not given us any explicit complaints but no one has corroborated even his vague statements. If the experience on set was really bad don't you think some low paid lighting guy or some one else would have at least said something similar by now? How about his co-stars? Jason Momoa has been someone who in the past has been one to call out poor behavior on sets and helped newer actors get fair treatment, what's making him stay silent now?
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 08-13-2020 at 08:17 AM.

Basically the only real complaint Cyborg guy has had so far was the Whedon wouldn't give his own personal barber a credit in the movie.

So Fisher had creative differences and after stirring up a fuss, had a meeting with Johns and got told something around the lines of “knock it off, bumping heads with your director is a bad idea for your career“

Did Johns really threaten to sabatoge Fisher’s career, or did he just state that if you’re hard to work with, people won’t want to hire you. Because there is a very big difference between the two. And if it’s the latter, then looking at what Fisher’s currently has been up to, I don’t think he was wrong. If it’s the former then yeah, that’s a different story. But at this point I can’t same I’m impressed if this, something about saying booyah and that thing with his barber are his grievances. Abusive is a strong word to just throw around.

Not very interesting at all. “Thinly veiled threats” get made daily. Lots of them here, on this very forum!

Sometimes they’re “threats” due to being misconstrued, or twisted for nefarious purposes or unintentional causes. Sometimes people are just having a bad day, and feel like everyone’s out to get them!

What would be interesting is some sort of corroboration to these claims, or...y’know...some exact quotes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Not very interesting at all. “Thinly veiled threats” get made daily. Lots of them here, on this very forum!

Sometimes they’re “threats” due to being misconstrued, or twisted for nefarious purposes or unintentional causes. Sometimes people are just having a bad day, and feel like everyone’s out to get them!

What would be interesting is some sort of corroboration to these claims, or...y’know...some exact quotes.
    Exactly. What's Fisher's problem with not giving precise details, all they'd do is help him here.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Exactly. What's Fisher's problem with not giving precise details, all they'd do is help him here.
    I believe the current story is that he signed an NDA, and that's why he isn't giving details.

I personally feel like if the treatment was as bad as he's portraying it then breaking an NDA would be part of the trouble he's willing to get in.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

There is apparently an ongoing investigation into Fisher’s claims by WB and possibly other entities. This has gotten into legal territory so Fisher can’t provide specific details. There’s also likely an NDA somewhere (there typically is).

So, I guess he figures by dropping crumbs he can get traction and possibly the real story out there.