Page 93 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1495
  1. #1381
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    We won, this is reflected in the movies while Snyder is reduced to a non-canon mini-series on HBO Max.





    'Non canon' that's funny because DCEU is being touted as a multiverse now, everything is cannon in a multiverse.

  2. #1382
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I see people are still saying that Zach Snyder didn't want films like Wonder Woman made...like seriously, this makes no sense. Zach Snyder probably isn't upset that Aquaman and Wonder Woman were made, in fact he helped make them.
    He helped nourish the entire universe, with casting and providing storylines at least with WW, so he deserves more credit than he gets by those suddenly framing WW or Aquaman as movies existing in some vacuum

  3. #1383
    Chad Jar Jar Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Naboo
    Posts
    4,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    'Non canon' that's funny because DCEU is being touted as a multiverse now, everything is cannon in a multiverse.
    This is how they tricked us. "Of course The Batman is a DCEU flm " they said.

    It should also be noted that BvS Definitive Edition is also technically a different story than the original too. This is one reason why we never see Director Cuts for MCU films, because it does create 'canon' inconsistencies.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 09-26-2020 at 01:06 PM.
    Want to read Wonder Woman stories, but don't know where to start? Check out my top 10 lists for Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age and Modern Age Wonder Woman tales!

    "You can't make an omelet without breaking a few necks." - Wonder Woman, probably

  4. #1384
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I see people are still saying that Zach Snyder didn't want films like Wonder Woman made...like seriously, this makes no sense. Zach Snyder probably isn't upset that Aquaman and Wonder Woman were made, in fact he helped make them.
    I definately don't think it's fair to say Snyder didn't want those films made.

    But I DO think a part of the appeal of many of the more recent DC movies is that they don't feel like Snyder films.

  5. #1385
    Courage looks like this Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Hmm.

    I actually thought that Wonder Woman was a 180 from the tone that all the previous DCUE movies had taken cues from (e.g. Snyder's "serious" storytelling), but that's just me.



    It's internet fandom; stuff get over-hashed like that.
    I just meant that WW had a story about a horrible situation, one of the worst wars in history. But it had a heroine with real characterization, an optimistic attitude and some genuine humor. On the surface, it had that bleak landscape and those grey visuals because it would have been disingenuous to present World War I as some fun rollick. I think a major difference is that WW thinks the world has so much potential that she does think she kind of owes it sticking around and she will save those people. The movie is dealing with an extremely bleak subject matter but it's all in the details. And it really had a sense of humor.

    Seriously? We're all going to pretend this isn't the most gorgeous woman we've ever seen just because she puts on a pair of glasses?
    This is what courage looks like.

  6. #1386
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I definately don't think it's fair to say Snyder didn't want those films made.

    But I DO think a part of the appeal of many of the more recent DC movies is that they don't feel like Snyder films.
    Anyone suggesting he didn't want those movies made is a silly person. He is friends with and casted those actors. Hes probaly perplexed by how much better those movies were received then his though. It just made more ammunition against him, suggesting that he was the problem. Originally it was MCU fan boys. But after people loved the non Snyder films it has to shift to something else. It can't just be that Snyders artistic choices didn't appeal to as many people. Particularly the tone and grey washed aesthetic.

  7. #1387
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,085

    Default

    I think the difference is that WW certainly treated war "seriously," but Snyder's DC films are just somber - and there's not much deviation from that tone.

  8. #1388
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    'Non canon' that's funny because DCEU is being touted as a multiverse now, everything is cannon in a multiverse.
    That's not how multi-verses work. Marvel and DC both have multi-verses in their media, and have their own established canon within it. Take the Arrow-verse, for example. Flash was the first show to explore the multiverse, pre-Crisis, but that had Barry hopping worlds he still had continuity in his own Earth/time line and this occurred after the Crisis, as well. The Snyder Cut being a thing didn't negate all the previous continuity being made with the current DCEU films. And you can bet the Flash in the movies won't be the one from the Snyder Cut, despite being played by the same actor.

    Edit:
    In fact, it became a plot point pre-Crisis when Barry made Flashpoint and characters from Earth 2 noticed the changes but weren't affected by it since they were on another Earth.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 09-26-2020 at 05:36 PM.

  9. #1389
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I see people are still saying that Zach Snyder didn't want films like Wonder Woman made...like seriously, this makes no sense. Zach Snyder probably isn't upset that Aquaman and Wonder Woman were made, in fact he helped make them.
    All he did for Wonder Woman was help write the plot, and he had nothing to do with Aquaman. Those movies directors are the complete opposite of how he directs his DCEU movies.

  10. #1390
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I just meant that WW had a story about a horrible situation, one of the worst wars in history. But it had a heroine with real characterization, an optimistic attitude and some genuine humor. On the surface, it had that bleak landscape and those grey visuals because it would have been disingenuous to present World War I as some fun rollick. I think a major difference is that WW thinks the world has so much potential that she does think she kind of owes it sticking around and she will save those people. The movie is dealing with an extremely bleak subject matter but it's all in the details. And it really had a sense of humor.

    Seriously? We're all going to pretend this isn't the most gorgeous woman we've ever seen just because she puts on a pair of glasses?
    Like I said, a 180 from Snyder's work.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  11. #1391
    Uncanny Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Anyone suggesting he didn't want those movies made is a silly person. He is friends with and casted those actors. Hes probaly perplexed by how much better those movies were received then his though. It just made more ammunition against him, suggesting that he was the problem. Originally it was MCU fan boys. But after people loved the non Snyder films it has to shift to something else. It can't just be that Snyders artistic choices didn't appeal to as many people. Particularly the tone and grey washed aesthetic.
    If nothing else, I think the post Snyder movies proved there's no media bias against the WB. Wonder Woman, Shazam and Aquaman both proved that.

    I always thought it was silly how people would argue Rotton Tomatoes is somehow part of this pro-Disney anti-WB agenda when RT is partially owned by WB. But I guess it was just easier for some to blame Disney for whatever short comings the Snyder movies were perceived to have. Short comings that magially seemed to go away once they stopped making Snyder movies.

  12. #1392
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Are you joking? Once MOS and B vs S were released the internet went wild with it, and they've both been third rails within comic/movie circles ever since, with critics and audiences alike. That's not going to stop because Snyder didn't release it in a movie theatre. This isn't about what effect the Snyder Cut has, that's a separate subject to what we've discussing - it's people having an opinion that don't like how Snyder directs their favourite characters. So what? We're fans, we're allowed to speak our opinions we shouldn't be silenced because we disagree on things a movie/mini-series does creatively.
    Speaking your opinion is one thing. Repeating the same points over and over again ad nauseam crosses the line over to obnoxiousness.



    It's not like Snyder fans haven't disparaged the non-Snyder DCEU films or the MCU for not sharing Snyder's aesthetic.
    When did I say otherwise? You'll find dislike on both sides but how many times must we get entire threads on just this site alone on people wailing and gnashing their teeth just because Snyder's movies dared to exist even after they've gotten the type of films they like?

    And I really dislike conflating anyone who doesn't like what Snyder's doing with the DCEU with those examples, that's deflection of how badly the many Snyder fans have acted over the years.
    Deflection? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

    I don't gain anything, all I'm doing is saying my opinion - I'm not obligated to be quiet about Snyder.
    And people aren't obligated to agree with you.

    [QUOTE]If Snyder wanted that he wouldn't be working on multi million dollar films owned by Warner Bros. [QUOTE]

    So you're a mind reader now?

    And I have liked things Snyder's done in the DCEU, what's irritating is that they're the exception not the rule with his creative choices. People are allowed to have differing opinions on movies, and Snyder would love this drama since it's free advertising for his movies. Look at how he's reacted to people who don't see eye to eye with his movies.

    https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/za...on-1202053359/



    I've yet to see a Snyder fan castigate Snyder for saying things like this.
    1) How does that quote even prove Snyder wants discussion like this?

    2) All the whining over this one statement just gets more and more laughable with the crap people have said about Snyder to say nothing of other people connected to the DCEU that gets little to no pushback from the anti-Snyder/DCEU crowd. Whether it's mocking his daughter's death, the insults about Gal Gadot's body, the ageist comments about Amy Addams, the accusations that Margot Robbie only made Birds of Prey as a vanity project, the racist comments about Jurnee Smollet, bodyshaming Ella Jay Basco, whining about WB only using racebends which isn't even true and pulling a Star Wars fandom by making edits that almost completely erase Lois. But of course, those opinions are allowed because the DCEU is still considered an acceptable punching bag.

    So maybe you'll forgive me if I can't find it in my heart to get particularly angry over Snyder snapping back at people still bitching over him having Batman do something the character has been doing in virtually every film he's appeared in when fans say far worse about him like he's some kind of war criminal.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-26-2020 at 10:19 PM.

  13. #1393
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Speaking your opinion is one thing. Repeating the same points over and over again ad nauseam crosses the line over to obnoxiousness.
    Except that goes for the pro-snyder side, it's not like they've had new opinions over the years and both sides will be gaining new material to work for once the Snyder Cut is rebased. Which is what I originally said.





    When did I say otherwise? You'll find dislike on both sides but how many times must we get entire threads on just this site alone on people wailing and gnashing their teeth just because Snyder's movies dared to exist even after they've gotten the type of films they like?
    Because the post were downplaying the Snyder's side's problems. That's just fiction, people make art people will react to it - nobody is obligated to stay quiet when an artist releases a work. They didn't "dare" to exist, B v S was heavily influenced as a an insult to Snyder's critics. Snyder's films aren't in a vacuum. Just because movies I like exist won't stop me commenting on other movies I don't, especially about characters I'm a fan of.

    Deflection? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
    I'm not deflecting anything, but switching the narrative to make it sound like there Snyder fans haven't been toxic is deflection. Everyone knows their bad reputation, hiding behind charity drives won't stop this.

    And people aren't obligated to agree with you.
    Never said they had to.

    [QUOTE]If Snyder wanted that he wouldn't be working on multi million dollar films owned by Warner Bros.

    So you're a mind reader now?
    If he doesn't he's chosen the wrong business to have a thin skin in.

    1) How does that quote even prove Snyder wants discussion like this?
    That quote wasn't about that. It was about showing how he engaged in petty behaviour which shouldn't be encouraged, otherwise its creates a loop off reinforcement which the Snyder Cut has been doing since it was a conspiracy theory.

    2) All the whining over this one statement just gets more and more laughable with the crap people have said about Snyder to say nothing of other people connected to the DCEU that gets little to no pushback from the anti-Snyder/DCEU crowd. Whether it's mocking his daughter's death, the insults about Gal Gadot's body, the ageist comments about Amy Addams, the accusations that Margot Robbie only made Birds of Prey as a vanity project, the racist comments about Jurnee Smollet, bodyshaming Ella Jay Basco, whining about WB only using racebends which isn't even true and pulling a Star Wars fandom by making edits that almost completely erase Lois. But of course, those opinions are allowed because the DCEU is still considered an acceptable punching bag.
    That's just one statement, he's said more things. But Snyder's not been the social point of these discussions, not entirely - it's the controversial material in his DCEU movies. Of course you'll get pushback from all those subjects from us, just like not all the pro Snyder crowd aren't all sending death threats to critics. The comments about Birds of prey were horrible but that's got nothing to do with Snyder's movies, I'm a huge fan of that movie and hated how it was targeted by people who'd did that. Star wars fandom has been and for year, and it again is stretching because SW and BOP has nothing to do with Snyder's movies. You'll find numerous people who don't like Snyder's movies who don't support those group attacks. All that does is put all the various fandoms bad apples together when we've been discussing Snyder and his fandom. A deflection, and something Snyder himself has been bad condemning his fandoms bad apple's. Making these groups all look like they belong to anti-Snyder group is a falsehood. We've had threads over BOP and Star Wars get into those topics, so of coursed they're not going to appear in this thread.

    So maybe you'll forgive me if I can't find it in my heart to get particularly angry over Snyder snapping back at people still bitching over him having Batman do something the character has been doing in virtually every film he's appeared in when fans say far worse about him like he's some kind of war criminal.
    Except every time Batman's done that it's been controversial and the fact they're not all the same context. Nolan's Batman killing is not the same thing Affleck's doing in B vs S. Snyder's a huge name director doing that in the real world, nothing's stopping people from condemning him for saying horrible things and having an opinion on him snapping Zod's neck. But not every DC fan who doesn't like his work thinks he's a war criminal. People aren't treating him like that here.

  14. #1394
    Spectacular Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    226

    Default

    So the whole "The Snyder Cut is shot and done" narrative kinda goes out the window when they spend 70 million on reshoots.

  15. #1395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So the whole "The Snyder Cut is shot and done" narrative kinda goes out the window when they spend 70 million on reshoots.
    It's not "reshoots." It's additional photography, but I understand your point.

    However, I do think the Snyder Cut existed as a close-to-completed movie that needed some post-production work on the effects.

    Then, as work actually got underway, perhaps Snyder and Warners realized that the movie could be finished in a different way -- namely additional principal photography with some of the actors to make the narrative flow more smoothly instead of using cost-cutting techniques like voice-over narration or digi-doubles to bridge some of the gaps.

    Remember, Justice League was originally going to be a 2 or 3 part movie series. The "Snyder Cut" only means that part 1 was basically done, but if they now want this one movie to now finish the story that was going to take an additional movie or two, they do need other scenes added that originally didn't need to be part of Part 1.

    Getting some of the original actors to come back is the more expensive, but I think better, way to do that. I'm glad they're spending the extra dough so that Zack Snyder's Justice League is a full movie unto itself rather than just a curiosity piece to satisfy some Internet fans.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •