Page 70 of 211 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 3155

That song was...distracting. Lol. I kept thinking they were fan made trailers and kept trying to find the real one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Supposedly this is Darkseid before he actually becomes Darkseid.
    Gonna be interesting to see the transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    That song was...distracting. Lol. I kept thinking they were fan made trailers and kept trying to find the real one.
    That's exactly the problem with the trailer.... the freaking song made it seem like it was fan made. It totally didn't seem to match the tone of the trailer or the movie.

I think Snyder was more concerned with finding a song which he could better use to celebrate his victory than he was chooseing a song which actually complimented the actual content of the trailer. The first teaser traiers were really good.... but as far as this debuting trailer, I'll give round one to the theatrical over the Snyder cut. I think Snyders ego here might be effecting his editorial judgement a bit.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I speak for all Wonder Woman fans when I say this would be a great dishonor to the 80 years of comics. The 'Great Snap' as we in the Wonder Woman fandom (WoWdom) call it, is the character's greatest and most iconic moment.
    I can assure you we don't want that at all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That's exactly the problem with the trailer.... the freaking song made it seem like it was fan made. It totally didn't seem to match the tone of the trailer or the movie.

I think Snyder was more concerned with finding a song which he could better use to celebrate his victory than he was chooseing a song which actually complimented the actual content of the trailer. The first teaser traiers were really good.... but as far as this debuting trailer, I'll give round one to the theatrical over the Snyder cut. I think Snyders ego here might be effecting his editorial judgement a bit.
    I personally couldn't help thinking the last thing he used that song for. Showcasing how Dan Dreiberg had overcome his impotence and finally got laid.

Astonishing Member

Here’s my thoughts on the trailer: For better or worse, this looks quintessentially a Zack Snyder film, and for me personally that’s fine by me. Darkseid looks like a videogame but then I realized this movie is still being worked on, and the shots that we see of him in the trailer is from a flashback or vision scene back when he was Uxas. So that’s not his final appearance in the present day.

At first I thought the music choice for the trailer really didn’t fit, but then I realized the reason for the choice - it’s meant to signify the triumph of Snyder getting his fans to see his version of the movie at last. Hence why Hallelujah was chosen - it doesn’t fit the content of the trailer exactly, but it does fit the moment, the timing, and celebration of getting this cut out finally.

So this trailer was made as basically a “thank you” from Snyder to his supporters, so in a way, it kind of does fit even though I would’ve preferred to hear instrumental music.

Visually, the movie looks far better than the theatrical cut ever did just because I think the darker color palette suits the costumes and visuals more. The theatrical cut had this thing of brightening things so much, that the movie kind of looked kind of ugly, unnatural, and it inadvertently made the costumes look cheap. This is definitely the proper look for this flick, even if it looks way darker than I normally would want a JL film to look. Overall, I kind of dig it.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Upon comparing the trailers, I gotta say I prefer the origional theatrical trailer more. It had a background song which worked with the scenes of the movie instead of completely drowning them out. Seriously... the more I watch the Snyder cut trailer, the more annoying that song becomes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxixDgHUYw

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I speak for all Wonder Woman fans when I say this would be a great dishonor to the 80 years of comics. The 'Great Snap' as we in the Wonder Woman fandom (WoWdom) call it, is the character's greatest and most iconic moment.
    No, you do not. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Wow. That looked dreadful. Exactly what I thought a KL movie from a man who thought Batman should've been prison raped would make. Snyder just doesn't get these characters.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    Wow. That looked dreadful. Exactly what I thought a KL movie from a man who thought Batman should've been prison raped would make. Snyder just doesn't get these characters.
    The trailer didn't bother me, Had nice visuals, I liked how the Flash ran in the speed force and they edited it to match the music. Ezra remains the weak casting choice, when I rewatched the scene where he met CW Barry, he came off as more of a caricature then a real character.

Not really impressed with the trailer; it seems to be only targeting people who want to see the Snyder Cut, instead of trying to sell the cut to people who were on the fence or not planning to see it. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself, but I'm not sure it's a good marketing decision.

The song does not work with the visuals very well (actually the whole thing is kind of a random hodgepodge of clips without rhyme or reason), but I find it really interesting how people interpret it based on their thoughts on the Snyder Cut; those that wanted it to happen see it as a celebration of long-delayed justice being served, while those not in favor of it (whether they think that WB has rewarded Snyder and the Snyder Cut cult for their years-long temper tantrums and harassment or what) see it as a sign of the arrogance of those involved.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Not really impressed with the trailer; it seems to be only targeting people who want to see the Snyder Cut, instead of trying to sell the cut to people who were on the fence or not planning to see it. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself, but I'm not sure it's a good marketing decision.

The song does not work with the visuals very well (actually the whole thing is kind of a random hodgepodge of clips without rhyme or reason), but I find it really interesting how people interpret it based on their thoughts on the Snyder Cut; those that wanted it to happen see it as a celebration of long-delayed justice being served, while those not in favor of it (whether they think that WB has rewarded Snyder and the Snyder Cut cult for their years-long temper tantrums and harassment or what) see it as a sign of the arrogance of those involved.
    I'm pretty strongly opposed to the Snyder cut but I thought the song was a poor remake but otherwise your standard "music is tonally inconsistent with the events on screen for artistic reasons" thing trailers do

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The trailer didn't bother me, Had nice visuals, I liked how the Flash ran in the speed force and they edited it to match the music. Ezra remains the weak casting choice, when I rewatched the scene where he met CW Barry, he came off as more of a caricature then a real character.
    This is going to be the problem for us Flash television fans. Grant Gustin's Flash comes across like a real person. Ezra Miller's Flash comes across like a comedy relief parody of the "real" Flash.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Here’s my thoughts on the trailer: For better or worse, this looks quintessentially a Zack Snyder film, and for me personally that’s fine by me. Darkseid looks like a videogame but then I realized this movie is still being worked on, and the shots that we see of him in the trailer is from a flashback or vision scene back when he was Uxas. So that’s not his final appearance in the present day.

At first I thought the music choice for the trailer really didn’t fit, but then I realized the reason for the choice - it’s meant to signify the triumph of Snyder getting his fans to see his version of the movie at last. Hence why Hallelujah was chosen - it doesn’t fit the content of the trailer exactly, but it does fit the moment, the timing, and celebration of getting this cut out finally.

So this trailer was made as basically a “thank you” from Snyder to his supporters, so in a way, it kind of does fit even though I would’ve preferred to hear instrumental music.

Visually, the movie looks far better than the theatrical cut ever did just because I think the darker color palette suits the costumes and visuals more. The theatrical cut had this thing of brightening things so much, that the movie kind of looked kind of ugly, unnatural, and it inadvertently made the costumes look cheap. This is definitely the proper look for this flick, even if it looks way darker than I normally would want a JL film to look. Overall, I kind of dig it.
    I have to agree with Darkseid looking like a Video Game, first Thanos now Darkseid. I don't know if it is a money thing from the studio or if it is a quest to make sure they look like their comic selves. As for the rest, it looks good.

Since when does every comic film need a song to be played on the trailer background. it used to be cool when Logan and the first Suicide Squad film did it with Johnny Cash and Queen now it is becoming a cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

I think how you I interpret the song is also partially based on some of his recent social media comments. Justified or not, there's a bit of negativity towards the Whedon version and I think that's filtering into everything related to the Snyder cut.