Page 127 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3155
    BANNED

Well. Let's hope it looks better with animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well Snyder confirmed it is Granny Goodness, but I'm assuming that that is who Sofia is playing. She is in the cast, so its either Granny or someone equally important (Big Barda?).
    I mean I guess CGI and forced perspective are great but unless I'm confused isnt Boutella super tiny? A young Granny maybe, don't like it but I'll get over it. She's way too small to play Barda in every way. that I don't think I'd get over.. Also this isn't going anywhere let most of the new gods and associated characters get they're first appearance in Ava Duvernays movie(Still happening?) .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Well, that's certainly a high bar to set.

Still, I can't help but wonder what success means with a one off TV movie. 100 million viewers? That's unrealistic even within the boundaries of in-movie DC. They don't have half that many subscribers.
    It's not a high bar. just get talented writers and directors. they have done it before already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There's nothing overly fantastical in 1984. A wishing stone with no visual spectacle and only one criminally short metahuman fight at the end is pretty much it. otherwise she fights dudes with guns and her powers are nerfed by the plot. Snyder Cut looks WAY less grounded than 1984.
    84 was overly fantastic, the tone, the plot, the costume even the love story.I think I saw a read on CBR debating what was stronger the wish stone or the infinity stone from avengers and avengers is overly fantastical.

People want big action set pieces with Circe and mythological beasts and the return of Cheetah in WW3. None of that is grounded. Aquaman proves that you can do all that stuff without going the Snyder route.
    Are u sure about it, WW 2016 action set pieces was the weakest part of the film with the final act. Honestly her fight with doomsday in dawn of justice was better done.

I know whedon is hated now and a cast out, but wonder woman fights can play out more like the fights from buffy. high stakes fights but nothing over the top that it drowns eveything else to the point you have to mark it down as a negative like WW 2016. remember Buffy vs Glory, who was a god?
    Last edited by Castle; 02-13-2021 at 07:27 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    spoilers:
    Attachment 105999
    end of spoilers

this is amazing!!!
    Hell yeah.

This is going to be wild.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    84 was overly fantastic, the tone, the plot, the costume even the love story.I think I saw a read on CBR debating what was stronger the wish stone or the infinity stone from avengers and avengers is overly fantastical.
    The wish stone being more powerful doesn't mean its showcased in a fantastical way. The Infinity Stones and their backstory is a great deal more in-your-face epic than the wish stone, and that's not getting into the fact that it's full of fantastical locations like alien space ships and other planets and characters like Thanos, the Hulk, the Black Order, advanced tech in Wakanda, etc. 1984 had a fully transformed Cheetah for five minutes, but otherwise she fought men with guns. The main mythological antagonist never appears on screen.

Tone is different than action set pieces. Yeah it was more old fashioned and cartoony...but that was during a scene where Wonder Woman stops some thugs in a mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Are u sure about it, WW 2016 action set pieces was the weakest part of the film with the final act. Honestly her fight with doomsday in dawn of justice was better done.
    People complained about WW1984 being overly long with not much action. Meanwhile, Aquaman was a big hit.
    Complaining about the execution of the action we do get is not the same as not wanting big action set pieces for the biggest heroine in comics.

The Doomsday fight honestly coasts along by the fact that it was the first time we'd seen her in action in a movie, and her presence is a breath of fresh air after 2 hours of the other two idiots. She brings some fun to the movie but that's not saying much. Overall, the fight scene with Doomsday is brief and difficult to look at and keep track of what is happening. Because it's another CGI fight at night with dust, smoke and lightning flying everywhere.

BANNED

fPeople complained about WW1984 being overly long with not much action. Meanwhile, Aquaman was a big hit.
    Complaining about the execution of the action we do get is not the same as not wanting big action set pieces for the biggest heroine in comics.
    I think people complained about there being too much time between WW vs Diana Prince appearances. At least, that was one of my complaints.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I think people complained about there being too much time between WW vs Diana Prince appearances. At least, that was one of my complaints.
    There was that, but often the action we did get when it finally appeared was criticized as underwhelming and too brief.

The big action set piece at the end between Wonder Woman and Cheetah had some good small moments and shots, but was overall too brief and cheap looking in some areas.

My complaint about WW84 is that it just wasn't that good of a movie. It wasn't that good for many reasons. In the end most of it was "meh" with a few good moments.
    BvS's shortcomings for me almost all had to do with Eisenberg's Luthor, and Justice League was Stepenwolf as a villain, both visually and thematically.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

There was that, but often the action we did get when it finally appeared was criticized as underwhelming and too brief.

The big action set piece at the end between Wonder Woman and Cheetah had some good small moments and shots, but was overall too brief and cheap looking in some areas.
    I kept waiting for Cheetah to belt out "Macavity" from Cats.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It was a different kind of Superhero film. I think modern audiences are more used to the MCU and Aquaman level of wham-bang action on a consistent basis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was a different kind of Superhero film. I think modern audiences are more used to the MCU and Aquaman level of wham-bang action on a consistent basis.
    It was a different kind of film. Badly done. A film needs to know what it is, and be that. WW84 never figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People liked, Joker and Venom and Logan, so being different wasn't the problem. Not being very good was.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Snyder dropped the ball on every DC character he touched (maybe not Lois and Alfred if memory serves). Glad he's getting the chance to smear the 4th World with his grimey paws.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Snyder dropped the ball on every DC character he touched (maybe not Lois and Alfred if memory serves). Glad he's getting the chance to smear the 4th World with his grimey paws.
    Is Available Duvrenay still making a New God's film?