Page 9 of 211 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So everything he talked about will be put in, except the Darkseid tease according to the article.

Darkseid aside, here's a deleted scene I would have liked to have seen and hope its in the new cut:

"He also added that there was another deleted scene with Steppenwolf, where, after he took the Mother Box from Themyscira, he actually talks to the Box. His mother Hegra's essence is alive in the Mother Box and all three combined would give him more power and an edge over his uncle Darkseid."

It changes the nature of the family dynamics (in the comics Steppenwolf is the uncle, Darkseid the nephew). Most might see it as a convoluted reason to explain why he calls it MOTHER box, though.
    Darkseid is going to be in the Snyder cut.

https://www.cbr.com/darkseid-going-i...ue-snyder-cut/

Don’t know how the rumor started that he wasn’t going to appear. He’s one of the biggest draws of the new version.

Unfortunately, this still doesn't spare us from Ezra Miller's Flash. Henry Cavil's CGI mouth ranks above the wretched portrayal and performance of The Flash in that film.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    And they'd be wrong to do that. Except this ins't about fans who mock his daughter's death, which is despicable. Fans like that go over the line, too. Snyder's been wanting payback for people who didn't like his DC work since Man of Steel and did everything possible to turn people away. He knew what people felt and deliberately went in directions to anger them rather than listen and de-escalate the tension. Don't dilute the faults of the worst bad fans who dislikes Snyder as though they speak for all of us. We can disagree with how he does things and not like being insulted in good faith.
    Look at what you're writing here? "Wanting payback"? Snyder isn't putting a hit out on every single person who gave his films a bad review. He's releasing his version of a movie which will have no impact whatsoever on the other DC movies.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-23-2020 at 07:54 AM.

I didn't like Man of Steel when I first saw it, but I've appreciated it more over time. However, it was not a terrible bomb and certainly had fans. I noticed that a lot of the fans I knew personally were also big fans of Warren Ellis' AUTHORITY. For me, really, Man of Steel is not bad until Zod shows up on Earth. Then, it's a somewhat nonsensical decline in the story.

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice is a movie I cannot get into, but like Man of Steel, it seems like it should have had less story and that there should have been another Superman and/or Batman movie in between MOS and BvS. Honestly, I kinda would have preferred Superman had followed a direction similar to the Donner movies where Zod is the villain of the second film and then a Batman movie and then a Batman v Superman movie. I don't mind the fact that Batman kills criminals or that Superman killed Zod or any of that. I just didn't like all the convoluted nature of the story as so much was compressed into so few films.

Justice League was pretty unbearable but I didn't really have problems with any of the main characters. I liked the Justice League team, but the story was a mess and Steppenwolf was just a terrible villain. I don't expect much from the Snyder cut, but it probably will be more interesting.

Incredible Member

I actually think this will be good. However anyone that thinks Snyder will have free reign is delusional. While most of it will definitely be him, WB and DC still don't want a bad product coming out to undo all the hard work they have done since JL to restore the public's faith in the franchise. I won't be surprised if different writers come in to assist to ensure a coherent dialogue and story flow is there, which is arguably Snyder's weakest points. Doubt anyone will have problems with the action scenes as he is by far one of the BEST cinematographers available now and knows how to make action scenes. The most enjoyable part of the film in JL where the Amazons are trying to keep the Motherbox from StephenWolf was one of the best scenes in a cbm and that was definitely a clip Snyder shot.

Not starting a Marvel vs DC argument but for me the action scenes that I've seen in the DC films, have had me at the edge of my seat. Not saying Marvel's scenes were bad by any means but this is really an acknowledgement of Snyders skills in the particular area as he was either a director or a producer on most films.

Actually, the more I think about it, this will be a good film. Snyder is in a unique position where he has the ability to make changes based off of the critiques on the original film's theatrical realease as well as give people different than what they got from Endgame.

Also, going back to my original comment about WB not wanting this to be bad. Them pumping about $30 million more into this film shows they want a good product not just a finished product. A finished product would cost much less. Heck they pumped $100 million more to do Whedon's version, which was an entirely new film that needed completely new shots (ie that's why we got the mustache gate). Snyder's shots didn't CGI out Cavills mustache because his mustache wasn't there. Cavills mustache was only there in Whedon's cuts because Whedon bought him back to reshoot while he was simultaneously shooting Mission Impossible and was contractly obliged to not shave it. So there is no doubt that this new version will be good, the question is actually going to be how good in comparison to other cbm. Also, WB probably doesn't want bad quality to be on HBO Max as the HBO name carries weight when it comes to quality entertainment.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 05-23-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This quote explains so much. Zack ( like tons of comic creators during the grim and gritty era) took the wrong lesson from Watchmen. Part of what Moore was saying was that if a person acted like a superhero in real life, they'd be bullies, perverts, psychopaths, or just sad people. Zach looked at that and thought, "Yeah, grim superheroes are cool!"
    Very good points in the article and here that Snyder seems to skip over the main point of some of those works. Yes Superman in the real world would have to deal with all sorts of sick and crazy stuff. But the bottom line of Alan Moore's "Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow" was that a person with the kind of power Superman wields, once he crosses the line he did, must take away his own powers permanently because, regardless of the reason, nobody with his level of power has the right to do what he did.

In Miller's DKR, Batman does not kill. That's the one line he doesn't cross.

The lesson is that, even in a far darker world, the hero does what is right and is even more admirable for it. Snyder ignores the final lesson that the stories build up to and just glories in the violence along the way while missing the conclusion. And then accuses people of being superhero virgins for not accepting his superficial understanding of the stories he read.

Incidentally, I do get that Snyder probably gets criticism all the time and I can certainly understand throwing a fit about it especially if he said this after the death of his child. At least he cares enough what people think to snap back. The very fact of reacting shows he does. In a way, that's far better than some smug elitist who considers the opinions of the audience irrelevant.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 05-23-2020 at 09:05 AM.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Unfortunately, this still doesn't spare us from Ezra Miller's Flash. Henry Cavil's CGI mouth ranks above the wretched portrayal and performance of The Flash in that film.
    Ezra Miller's Flash was literally the only redeeming part of the film.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Very good points in the article and here that Snyder seems to skip over the main point of some of those works. Yes Superman in the real world would have to deal with all sorts of sick and crazy stuff. But the bottom line of Alan Moore's "Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow" was that a person with the kind of power Superman wields, once he crosses the line he did, must take away his own powers permanently because, regardless of the reason, nobody with his level of power has the right to do what he did.

In Miller's DKR, Batman does not kill. That's the one line he doesn't cross.

The lesson is that, even in a far darker world, the hero does what is right and is even more admirable for it. Snyder ignores the final lesson that the stories build up to and just glories in the violence along the way while missing the conclusion. And then accuses people of being superhero virgins for not accepting his superficial understanding of the stories he read.

Incidentally, I do get that Snyder probably gets criticism all the time and I can certainly understand throwing a fit about it especially if he said this after the death of his child. At least he cares enough what people think to snap back. The very fact of reacting shows he does. In a way, that's far better than some smug elitist who considers the opinions of the audience irrelevant.
    Oh yeah. Moore himself did an interview in the mid-90's where he referenced himself and Frank Miller and said something like, "We were trying to push the medium but we didn't know the result would be 10 yrs of depressing superhero stories. If I ever go back to superheroes, I'll probably do something more lighthearted." And right after that you got his version of Supreme which was a homage to Silver Age Superman/Shazam. Then you got his ABC line from Wildstorm, again a tribute to older comics and pulp adventures.

Actually can't wait for this.

Zach Snyder is a phenomenal film-maker who continues to make terrible movies.

This film will be so awesome in all the wrong ways for all the right reasons and I am so forking down for it!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Look at what you're writing here? "Wanting payback"? Snyder isn't putting a hit out on every single person who gave his films a bad review. He's releasing his version of a movie which will have no impact whatsoever on the other DC movies.
    How would you phrase it when someone is deliberately antagonising their audience? I'm taking about what he did after Man of Steel, both in the movies and with interviews. He's not doing this in a vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    How would you phrase it when someone is deliberately antagonising their audience? I'm taking about what he did after Man of Steel, both in the movies and with interviews. He's not doing this in a vacuum.
    Unless he is personality useing my name in the insults (Wich I'd be more surprised at lol) much like Kevin Smith I don't really care.

I don’t really see why anyone would care about this but hopefully it will lead to some quality online histrionics and a cheap laugh or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I don’t really see why anyone would care about this but hopefully it will lead to some quality online histrionics and a cheap laugh or two.
    The big thing for me is that it's not going to be on Netflix or even on the WB/ DC streaming service. I'd be one of those people buying HBO just to see one movie. Not going to happen.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Unless he is personality useing my name in the insults (Wich I'd be more surprised at lol) much like Kevin Smith I don't really care.
    wait what happened with Kevin Smith?

Not sure why anyone is mad this is happening. Even if your someone who hates Snyders movies to your core, you should be happy because now the #Releasethesnydercut people are gonna Stfu about it. Win, win. Either way good for Snyder, not a fan of these movies but hes done some good work and worked hard on this. Let him do it, generates some content for HBOMax. **** if Ayer wants to re-edit SS to his original vision with 30mins more of shitty Leto Joker let him too. That won't cost much since its just editing and minor stuff like that they need to do. And again it will draw eyes. Pretty sure Ayer is just trolling though at this point and would have no interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    wait what happened with Kevin Smith?

Not sure why anyone is mad this is happening. Even if your someone who hates Snyders movies to your core, you should be happy because now the #Releasethesnydercut people are gonna Stfu about it. Win, win. Either way good for Snyder, not a fan of these movies but hes done some good work and worked hard on this. Let him do it, generates some content for HBOMax. **** if Ayer wants to re-edit SS to his original vision with 30mins more of shitty Leto Joker let him too. That won't cost much since its just editing and minor stuff like that they need to do. And again it will draw eyes. Pretty sure Ayer is just trolling though at this point and would have no interest.
    Nothing really happened Kevin Smith just has a habit of going after Fan's and Critics who don't like he's stuff.