Page 27 of 211 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    that’s ok i’ve already gathered what you really mean
    What does he really mean?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    His wife accused him of infidelity and adultery. That’s not the same as abuse. This is the first time anyone has accused Whedon of being a jerk on set.
    No his wife definitely did accuse him of cheating on her with actresses and people who were under him that were enamored with his feminist hero schtick

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    No his wife definitely did accuse him of cheating on her with actresses and people who were under him that were enamored with his feminist hero schtick
    So basically he cheated on her which is wrong but their business. I mean as for the enamored part aren't we all enamored with people we want to have a relationship? Also the under him part no one has claimed he forced them into relationships and the women weren't innocent given they knew he was married when they entered into the relationships.

This is kind of out of nowhere so I can see why some people aren't buying it. Ray also doesn't give any real specifics/details. Could be true or may not be, who knows? Guess we'll see if anyone else backs up Ray's claims.

Yes, that would be the adultery and infidelity RJ was speaking of. That's not the same as being abusive to actors on set, though.

Astonishing Member

Jon Berg has denied Fisher’s allegations of him and Johns “enabling abuse,” claims Fisher didn’t want to say Cyborg’s catchphrase, “booyah.”

Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 07-01-2020 at 04:00 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Jon Berg has denied Fisher’s allegations of him and Johns “enabling abuse,” claims Fisher didn’t want say Cyborg’s catchphrase, “booyah.”

Well yea...him saying booyaa...is like saying sweet christmas....I get him not wanting to say it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    So basically he cheated on her which is wrong but their business. I mean as for the enamored part aren't we all enamored with people we want to have a relationship? Also the under him part no one has claimed he forced them into relationships and the women weren't innocent given they knew he was married when they entered into the relationships.
    In her accusations his wife directly accused him of engaging in sexual relationships with people whom he presided power over. Her first instance of an affair was him having a relationship with someone on Buffy whom he was the show runner of and would have power over in a professional sense. If the accusation today is inappropriate misconduct on set, that right there is inexplicable linked. No different than Monica Lewinsky having a consensual affair with Bill Clinton. It’s wrong because of the power imbalance and it happened on set, therefore inappropriate environment on set.

She later goes on to say that he claimed that “When I was running Buffy I was surrounded by beautiful, needy, aggressive young women ..... break...... Suddenly I am a powerful producer and the world is laid out at my feet and I can’t touch”.

Again that is her laying out him describing a power imbalance on set that he possessed and how it was inappropriate. Yet he did “touch”. So he engaged in conduct on set that he knew was wrong.

So yes that is an on set issue of inappropriate behavior by his and her words.

Joss does have issues in the past with this. We can also go to the Charisma Carpenter issue. Yes they made up now. That doesn’t change that still by her own admission it was a toxic working environment because of how Joss reacted to her being pregnant.

There is a pattern of this particular individual creating inappropriate on set environments. This is not the first accusation of Joss being problematic there.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I don't think it's wrong for two consenting adults to have a sexual relationship with no coercion or pressure. The power dynamic is their business to manage.

If he cheated on his wife then yeah, that would be a bad thing to do. But their business and nobody else's.

If there has ever been a producer, director or showrunner who never had any problems with any of his cast or colleagues, I'd like to meet him because he is probably God. All people are imperfect, and the virtue-signalling hell of today's social media world makes no distinction between farting on an elevator and genocide.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I don't think it's wrong for two consenting adults to have a sexual relationship with no coercion or pressure. The power dynamic is their business to manage.

If he cheated on his wife then yeah, that would be a bad thing to do. But their business and nobody else's.

If there has ever been a producer, director or showrunner who never had any problems with any of his cast or colleagues, I'd like to meet him because he is probably God. All people are imperfect, and the virtue-signalling hell of today's social media world makes no distinction between farting on an elevator and genocide.
    That’s huge no-no in most HR departments. Opens up companies to lawsuits and destroys people’s careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    that’s not what he’s even trying to do. he’s just sharing how he felt about it. you have no right to question it
    The accusations are extremely vague... I think anyone would have a right to question those accusations without more details. We've seen plenty of instances on Twitter where people make claims to "cancel" someone without any evidence, and in some case they were proven to be false.

Personally, I'm reserving judgement until more information is released, IF it's released.
    Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Well yea...him saying booyaa...is like saying sweet christmas....I get him not wanting to say it.
    Admittedly, the catchphrase is more fitting in an animated setting than a live one, but it's not that big of a deal. Especially if it's what the complaint is over.

That’s huge no-no in most HR departments. Opens up companies to lawsuits and destroys people’s careers.
    It's definitely unwise... but immoral? Due to the "cheating on his wife" aspect yes, but the relationship itself, no.

Something tells me that if this were a story about Snyder being abusive, the people defending Whedon would be singing a very different tune even if the accusations were just as vague.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    It's definitely unwise... but immoral? Due to the "cheating on his wife" aspect yes, but the relationship itself, no.
    Relationships in the work place are frequently discouraged for a reason. Especially between someone in a higher position and their subordinates.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Something tells me that if this were a story about Snyder being abusive, the people defending Whedon would be singing a very different tune even if the accusations were just as vague.
    I wouldn't be singing any tune at all, because I wouldn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Relationships in the work place are frequently discouraged for a reason. Especially between someone in a higher position and their subordinates.
    Yep, hence the "unwise." But they happen very, very, very frequently. Lots of people get married who met at work. My parents, for instance, although they were on the same level.

My belief is that people's consensual relationships off the clock are their own business and nobody else's. Unless they're super-spies or something.

Has anyone seen this before?

I'm guessing his "military subplot" is back in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Was Whedon a Jerk? I mean if so, so what? Thank God Fisher never worked with Kubrick.
    True. Directors being jerks is not really a surprise. Imagine Hitchcock working today.