Page 208 of 211 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211 LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3155
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    The only thing I can find is the Geeks and Gamers thing, but not the toxic Snyder Cut fans themselves? I know the WB CEO did the other day, whilst also not accusing the whole fanbase of being horrible - I wish Snyder would just tell them not to lmao, he's the only person they'd listen to lmao
    How big of a problem are these fans? I've heard they're a minority yet were causing trouble for GvK

I'm more talking about the harassment members of WB and professional critics, and the inappropriate hash-tagging on social media posts like in the article I linked.

The Geeks and Gamers thing seems more like he's separating himself from that particular brand/company more so than telling his own toxic fans to stop being toxic imo. I commend him for doing that, but I'm talking more about just telling toxic members of his own fanbase to settle down a bit.

Ultimate Member

I'm more talking about the harassment members of WB and professional critics, and the inappropriate hash-tagging on social media posts like in the article I linked.

The Geeks and Gamers thing seems more like he's separating himself from that particular brand/company more so than telling his own toxic fans to stop being toxic imo. I commend him for doing that, but I'm talking more about just telling toxic members of his own fanbase to settle down a bit.
    Ok. If he hasn't said anything he should now

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    How big of a problem are these fans? I've heard they're a minority yet were causing trouble for GvK
    As I stated before, I'm sure they're just a very vocal minority - I think the GvK thing is perhaps a tad overblown at the moment (however review bombing in any form is just pathetic - whether it's this, TLJ, Captain Marvel, or a Snyder film lol). However, if you look on most of WB's tweets from before the Snyder Cut was released there were a lot of users just bombarding the tweets with #ReleaseTheSnyderCut - I distinctly remember seeing them on tweets made about celebrities dying. They come in abundance. It's pathetic on serious matters like that honestly - it crosses the line between "passionate fans" and "selfish, entitled morons".

Ultimate Member

As I stated before, I'm sure they're just a very vocal minority - I think the GvK thing is perhaps a tad overblown at the moment (however review bombing in any form is just pathetic - whether it's this, TLJ, Captain Marvel, or a Snyder film lol). However, if you look on most of WB's tweets from before the Snyder Cut was released there were a lot of users just bombarding the tweets with #ReleaseTheSnyderCut - I distinctly remember seeing them on tweets made about celebrities dying. They come in abundance. It's pathetic on serious matters like that honestly - it crosses the line between "passionate fans" and "selfish, entitled morons".
    Yeah, i understand their zeal but such actions lack tact and politeness

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

How is the movie's financial success? Are there some sort of box office numbers?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    How is the movie's financial success? Are there some sort of box office numbers?
    Not really, there's been talk of numbers from a platform called Samba TV listing it 1.8 million viewers which was apparently less than WW88 and about the same as the firs episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier but I'm not sure how accurate those numbers are. Still and all I'd say it was a pretty good hit for HBO Max

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    You know all this is still pretty hilarious to me even if I am so far beyond removed from the MCU vs DCU stuff and I just care more about the art process of all this films...
    And yet that's almost always the bottom line with you.

...first of all BvS is not a bad movie. there is no proof of that...
    The plot is messy and confusing, there's no coherent theme, the movie hits the pause button to show ads for the then-next DCEU films, and "Martha." Bad movies have committed fewer sins than that.

...just as there is no proof of you saying X1/X2 were dated and overrated...
    My opinion with reasoning behind it; either make a counterpoint or let it go.

...and Sam's Spiderman films were on the same level as the tom holland spiderman films...
    There's no proof of me saying that, since I never did. Do I think the MCU Spider-Man movies are good? Yeah, but that's not the same thing

...and saying TDK and Endgame have the same critical reception, however there is zero film critique evidence , reason you barely evaluate this stance.
    You are literally the only one saying that. Maybe you should stop bringing it up?

While WB decided to take another part with the Snyderverse , you ignore the circumstances as to why. they did not want to, they were pressured by the unfair backlash from the media that had an agenda, Studios have caved in the past, even without settling down to think things through?
    Please keep your fan fiction out of it. There is no media conspiracy against Snyder (or anyone else, for that matter), period. That fantasy has no place in this conversation.

Who decides the Snyder ''cult'' earned a toxic reputation? this is the continued propaganda to unfairly demonise Snyder and his fans simply because they believe in his vision, hated how Snyder was treated and fired and fought for the director they like. even if you personally feel that they were entitled, that is not the objective definition of term. This is determination.
    And after you posted this, cult members hijacked an anti-racism project to try and make it a Snyververse campaign. Toxic and entitled, much?

Just because I think Grace Randolph is A Shill does not mean she cannot be right, she was right on that part. Also again there is no proof that many people have complained about the editing, this is the reason you once again have no evidence. However I will give evidence why this is false.
    So, the repeated criticisms that the Snyder Cut was a bloated film with too many endings doesn't mean anything?

The editing of the movie was actually pretty fine, the movie had time to breathe and find itself, slow down when it was necessary and pick of the pace where needed. the divided 6 parts was one of the best decision Snyder made because it spaced out the movie, which helped the editing function a lot more smoothly and coherently, which is the most important aspect of editing a movie Trust me when I say the editing was fine. the movie was not stuffy, but most of all you see how I also have given point reasons to debunk the idea the movie was badly editing?
    I see that you're telling me stuff that doesn't really address the main questions (was the movie bloated with stuff that should've been cut and did it have too many endings?).

The movie is also superior to Whedon's take...
    Thought that was universally agreed on.

...and is actually artistically better than all the Avengers films because the film making was top notch from top to bottom and Snyder got to experiment with many things than just following one formula which was firstly set up by Whedon in 2012. This is actually the best visual high fantasy comic book film done to date and it had the story and rich characters to support it. It is not an action fast paced comedy like the Avengers movies.
    I follow your fervor, if nothing else.

-Also the Snyder cut did not get decent reviews, the reviews are actually great from a film study POV.
    What's the difference?

It's good enough that there has been a big shift that people want to restore the snyderverse.
    You mean the people who would've been clamoring for it anyways once the Snyder Cut was dropped? I'd be more interested in there was demand for it from the non-Snyder cult members. I mean, that's the demographic that needs to be onboard to make resurrecting the Snyderverse financially possible. (Also, I would point out that even if the Snyderverse was resurrected, there's no guarantee that it wouldn't go all "Pet Sematary" in the end or that it would find its audience. I mean, BvS was of a kind and it didn't do well.)

It is also very reminiscent of the reviews of V for Vendetta, however I can see how you my not get me saying this things because you did not understand the difference between the reviews of Endgame and TDK or for X-Men and Teenage Mutant Ninjas Turtles.
    To be fair, I don't understand half of what you say.

Unless of course you are one of those people that think great reviews is objectively based on the higher the RT numbers. which now also automatically means The Green Mile that I saw yesterday (a masterpiece movie and the best Stephen King adaption) is worse movie than Captain Marvel. Just so you know, this is what you will be implying. However I don't have a problem with this as long as you can give solid film making evidence why Captain marvel is a more acclaimed movie than The Green Mile.
    Do I need to repeat what I've said about Rotten Tomatoes again for you to remember?

It feels as if you want to find fault in Snyder fans because you don't like Snyder.
    More like I find fault with the fans because of their bad behavior.

However, they come out looking the best when you take into account the content of every situation.
    Hijacking an anti-racism conversation is a new low for any situation.

Star Trek fans only get mad at dumbed down star trek and when the series crosses a line between one sided political agenda than moral agenda.
    Sometimes. You forgot "breaking canon" to that list, though.

Many MCU fans (though not all) are wrong to just ask for every marvel property to be in the MCU even when it makes no sense because many marvel properties are not limited with what they can do and MCU is limited.
    We get it, you hate the MCU. Can you say something new, please?

Not to mention every marvel IPs constantly heavily interacting is not true to the comic universe...
    Per say.

...their failure to consider this very important aspects and just continue to insists everything must be in the MCU is the definition of entitlement in the English queen's dictionary.
    As Shakespeare put it, sound and fury, etc. (So, the Snyder cultists aren't the same for demanding that the Snyderverse take over the DCEU again?)

the fandom menace is a sham and filled with very extreme right wingers who are racists and sexists but it also does not erase the fact that George Lucas , James Cameron , Kanye West and Mark Hamlii have all shared disappointment in the new star wars series with many other genuine fans and that includes me and We are not part of the Fandom menace.
    Yeah, that's true (although Hamill was taken out of context), but can stay on subject, please?

-Reviewing Bombing are not high threat pop culture levels, a few fans acting that way is no cause to generalise the entire fanbase. Lastly, I don't throw temper tantrums, lol this is a false conception about me, which kindly I think you should stop doing
    When did I say that?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

The plot is messy and confusing, there's no coherent theme, the movie hits the pause button to show ads for the then-next DCEU films, and "Martha." Bad movies have committed fewer sins than that.

There's no proof of me saying that, since I never did. Do I think the MCU Spider-Man movies are good? Yeah, but that's not the same thing

You are literally the only one saying that. Maybe you should stop bringing it up?

Please keep your fan fiction out of it. There is no media conspiracy against Snyder (or anyone else, for that matter), period. That fantasy has no place in this conversation.

And after you posted this, cult members hijacked an anti-racism project to try and make it a Snyververse campaign. Toxic and entitled, much?

So, the repeated criticisms that the Snyder Cut was a bloated film with too many endings doesn't mean anything?

I see that you're telling me stuff that doesn't really address the main questions (was the movie bloated with stuff that should've been cut and did it have too many endings?).

Thought that was universally agreed on.

What's the difference?

You mean the people who would've been clamoring for it anyways once the Snyder Cut was dropped? I'd be more interested in there was demand for it from the non-Snyder cult members. I mean, that's the demographic that needs to be onboard to make resurrecting the Snyderverse financially possible. (Also, I would point out that even if the Snyderverse was resurrected, there's no guarantee that it wouldn't go all "Pet Sematary" in the end or that it would find its audience. I mean, BvS was of a kind and it didn't do well.)

To be fair, I don't understand half of what you say.

Do I need to repeat what I've said about Rotten Tomatoes again for you to remember?

More like I find fault with the fans because of their bad behavior.

Hijacking an anti-racism conversation is a new low for any situation.

Sometimes. You forgot "breaking canon" to that list, though.

Per say.

As Shakespeare put it, sound and fury, etc. (So, the Snyder cultists aren't the same for demanding that the Snyderverse take over the DCEU again?)

Yeah, that's true (although Hamill was taken out of context), but can stay on subject, please?

When did I say that?
    You may want to save yourself the aggravation and DNFtT

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post

- No it is not, not even close. the bottom of me is filming and seeing these movies explore itself artistically and break more grounds, which is the reason I was always... a give Snyder a chance person because he was one of the most passionate directors out there. In a way, he is even more valuable than Bryan Singer or Chris Nolan because at least he was a fan of the comics.

- That was not the film I saw
    Your reasoned opinion was because it made Marvel light hearted action comedies come off in a negative light. now that can be your personal counterpoint but that is not objective professional film critique, because you are using an external fault, ,we are talking the movies that opened with holocaust and david duke kkk kind of villains or didnt even have the main characters throw punches but they fought their better with brilliant social arguments that was the main plot of the story?

there is hardly any film maker, (even the ones that hate all comic book movies) writer or director or long term comic book reader that will think those kind of stuff are dated in 2021 .... for a comic book movie. the universal opinion is just not there because it merits zero substance.

I don't forget statements like that as a big Spiderman fan, you have said it many times that the Sam Raimi movies and MCU movies are the same and are alike. strange because right now I think Spiderman 3 was trying to be the snyder cut and failed

It's just media spin. few fans in the fandom act bad and you think it is the whole fandom? Also where we not told by the mods to stop calling fanbases...... a cult?

Because this is not a major criticism. I took my time to read the thread on the spoilers and many have said the opposite even the people that doubted the film.

The film was not badly edited.

I meant what I said, no fervor. I saw the film today again with my sis because she had not seen it , the final battle was shot great and well artistically put together, I am not kidding , this is James Cameron level kind of good. I was so surprised how much I liked it because I have never been a big fan of big generic cgi final battles. I prefer the more heavy dramatic endings seen in some Batman/X-men films but Snyder made this art in motion.

it was not messy, it was not all over the place, the cinematography was clear and all the heroes were very well positioned during the battle which made the fight scene more engaging from the outside watching in, Truly it was an upgrade from what we have seen with the Avengers films were everything is so basic in construction.

I hope we get an official upload soon on youtube because this is actually the best CGI final fight scene in a comic film. Snyder has achieved what Michael Bay, Brett Ratner (X-Men 3) or Joss Whedon and The Russo could not do. he made a big final battle scene not look messy, over explosive, over destructive or stuffed.

What's the difference?
    The difference is celebrating a director's work, celebrating film making. this is not tick box kind of review used to superficially over market movies.

The good people out there who don't need to demonise anyone, I think it strange how you are focusing only on a very small negative aspect of fanbases and you ignore the majority of fanbase don't act like that. You are focusing on a vocal minority.
    I don't think that will be necessary because rotten tomatoes is not about reviewing movies that is supposed to help the mind understand what film making is.
    you think marvel fans like me saying marvel needs more variety beyond the MCU is hate, LOL, no wonder you told me comic films that came out 20 years ago that made people take comic films extremely seriously is dated when in contrast, it now even gets more respect, just look at man of steel? Snyder was right when he said man of steel will stand the test of time better than Aquaman and Shazam.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/14/m...ce-league.html

Ironic because Snyder fans also feel the same way, they wanted Snyder in, to still keep the variety for DC, they saw DC loosing their creative freedom. How are folks like this called haters because they support their beloved marvel/dc movies doing different things something that has been around since the 70s? sigh, I think the Snydercut vindication is only getting sweeter because DC nearly lost all of it in 2017.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-29-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    That really is the situation at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Yeah, I'm checking out now. Hope the next phase of the DCEU goes well.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Justice League Screenwriter Chris Terrio Is Super Pissed Off

Here’s a few highlights from the interview that stuck out to me:
    -Terrio calls the theatrical cut of Justice League, “an act of vandalism.”
    - Terrio hated the title “Dawn Of Justice” saying it was “self-important and clueless in a way” & speculated that marketing came up with it even though it was actually Zack Snyder himself who came up with the title.
    - After Terrio saw the theatrical cut of JL he asked to have his name taken off the movie
    - Was not invited to the Justice League set.
    - The original BvS script by David Goyer before Terrio rewrote it was darker featuring elements such as Lois Lane getting punched in the opening in Africa, and Batman branding Lex Luthor in the end.
    - Was surprised to see how much Snyder hewed close to his original JL script in his cut with some minor revisions.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-09-2021 at 05:43 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Screenwriters rarely have any control over anything once the script is done, including rewrites. Why should his experience be any different? You're not Mamet and the script for ZSJL wasn't so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Justice League Screenwriter Chris Terrio Is Super Pissed Off

Here’s a few highlights from the interview that stuck out to me:
    -Terrio calls the theatrical cut of Justice League, “an act of vandalism.”
    - Terrio hated the title “Dawn Of Justice” saying it was “self-important and clueless in a way” & speculated that marketing came up with it even though it was actually Zack Snyder himself who came up with the title.
    - After Terrio saw the theatrical cut of JL he asked to have his name taken off the movie
    - Was not invited to the Justice League set.
    - The original BvS script by David Goyer before Terrio rewrote it was darker featuring elements such as Lois Lane getting punched in the opening in Africa, and Batman branding Lex Luthor in the end.
    - Was surprised to see how much Snyder hewed close to his original JL script in his cut with some minor revisions.
    None of this is that surprising. He's mostly ragging on the things most people were ragging on. I will say Terrio seemed fine with having these movies be 3-4 hours, which I don't think is acceptable for a theatre release
    Last edited by Pinsir; 04-09-2021 at 08:47 AM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut