Page 20 of 211 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The majority of people who saw Infinity War don't read comics so, no, they didn't think time travel would be involved. A lot of people cared that Spider-Man and Black Panther were turned to dust, even those who knew they'd be back.

Superman's death in BvS felt hollow not because we knew he'd be back. It was because a lot of people didn't care about him as a character.
    You do know this statement is a strike against the MCU fandom, right? That people would willingly allow themselves to be manipulated and fall for a deception they knew was false?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    You do know this statement is a strike against the MCU fandom, right? That people would willingly allow themselves to be manipulated and fall for a deception they knew was false?
    It's not, though? It's how fiction works? We all know none of it is real and frequently know how it's going to end and yet good writing still gets us to suspend our disbelief.

Um, no? That's how good storytelling is supposed to work. It should draw in the viewer and have them care about the characters they're seeing. This is a very weird take lol

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Um, no? That's how good storytelling is supposed to work. It should draw in the viewer and have them care about the characters they're seeing. This is a very weird take lol
    Good story telling does not mean your fanbase has to check their brains at the entrance to find emotional meaning in your work.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Good story telling does not mean your fanbase has to check their brains at the entrance to find emotional meaning in your work.
    Except that's not what happened? It does require suspension of disbelief though, which they obviously accomplished. Again, very weird take.

this cut is supposed to cost a lot more than $30 million, so it was never close to be done like they said.

Some say there might be reshoots and new Superman scenes. Hope they are worth it.

Mighty Member

Brad Bird would have been a better choice to direct MOS, BvS, and JL.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    GOTG and Winter Solider has the same amount of action sequences and spectacles as the Snyder films.
    And yet the those are considered good movies and Synder's are not. It's not the amount of action packed into the movie, but how it's used that counts, not to mention the overall craftsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I want the CUT for Suicide Squad. DC wanted Suicide Squad to be a darker less kid friendly version of GOTG. A cut can finally give them a chance.
    Eh, say what you will about Suicide Squad, at least it was fun in a "turn your brain off" kind of way. I'd take that over BvS-level bad, since that's not enjoyable from any angle.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Maybe; his filmography is impressive and he's shown strengths in the places where those movies were weak.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

How was it a deception? They lost a lot of them died. And even knowing that they would bring at least most of them back even at the end of the movie, it was a very emotional moment not only for me but it seems for a lot of others. To say nothing about starting to guess how they will bring them back.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm struggling to figure out how general audiences were manipulated into feeling bad about the finger snap deaths despite knowing they would be reversed, but they presumably wouldn't be manipulated if they cared more about Superman's death despite even BvS strongly hinting he'd be coming back at the end.

If they cared more about one than the other, it means one film did it's job much better than the other.

If you prefer the DCEU over the MCU, that's fine (opinions and all.)

But the mental gymnastics some people perform to try and justify that stance is baffling to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    in your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    in your opinion
    I don't know Iron Giant was a better Superman movie than anything Snyder made.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I don't know Iron Giant was a better Superman movie than anything Snyder made.
    in your opinion

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm struggling to figure out how general audiences were manipulated into feeling bad about the finger snap deaths despite knowing they would be reversed, but they presumably wouldn't be manipulated if they cared more about Superman's death despite even BvS strongly hinting he'd be coming back at the end.

If they cared more about one than the other, it means one film did it's job much better than the other.
    I think that a less enagaging Clark Kent/Superman in the film was the main reason for the lack of buy-in. BvS was bigger into Superman the symbol than MOS was into Clark Kent the charming protagonist. It’s much more Batman’s film than Superman’s, and arguably the removal of some of his investigation plot from the theatrical release, as well as stuff like him helping the survivor’s of the capital attack being removed, all acted to lessen the impact of his death.

It was also maybe a bit too early *period* to have Superman die. I always thought that Doomsday would fit better as a weapon for Darkseid years into the DCEU, not as the main physical threat of the second entry overall.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP