Page 209 of 211 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    - The original BvS script by David Goyer before Terrio rewrote it was darker featuring elements such as Lois Lane getting punched in the opening in Africa, and Batman branding Lex Luthor in the end.
    He never mentions Goyer by name or mentions whose idea the original script WB gave him was

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    He never mentions Goyer by name or mentions whose idea the original script WB gave him was
    Are we talking Batman Begins Goyer or Blade III Goyer?

"Zack Snyder's Justice League" among Variety's list of best movies of 2021:

https://variety.com/lists/2021-best-...tice-league-3/

FF9oc21XsAICli5.jpg

Not bad for a "pipe dream" that didn't exist, huh?
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    "Zack Snyder's Justice League" among Variety's list of best movies of 2021:

https://variety.com/lists/2021-best-...tice-league-3/

FF9oc21XsAICli5.jpg

Not bad for a "pipe dream" that didn't exist, huh?
    Well deserved!

It's one critic's list, Owen Gleiberman, and he thinks "Spencer" was the best movie of the year. His opinions are as valid as the next guy, but I don't think it's a very big deal.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 12-07-2021 at 07:36 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

However, you slice it, it is really interesting how the narrative around Zack Snyder and the Snyderverse has changed since the early days of the DCEU.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    However, you slice it, it is really interesting how the narrative around Zack Snyder and the Snyderverse has changed since the early days of the DCEU.
    How did it change? He was written off then and he is equally so now.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's one critic's list, Owen Gleiberman, and he thinks "Spencer" was the best movie of the year. His opinions are as valid as the next guy, but I don't think it's a very big deal.
    I am suprised by rave reviews Kristen Stewart is getting as Princess Diana, I started watching the film and had to stop mid way as I was not impressed with Kristen Stewart playing Diana. She did not come off natural in the role.

However I will say the Snyder Cut is the second best comic book/Fantasy film we got this year. Artistically speaking ofcourse. Dune gets number 1.

I watched the Snyder Cut again last week and I did notice somethings I would have changed but overall maybe it is the best comic book lord of the rings like high fantasy film the genre has gotten so far. The Snyder Cut will likely end up as the best superhero film of 2021. that should make it easier to appear on some best films list when surveyed objectically.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-07-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I am suprised by rave reviews Kristen Stewart is getting as Princess Diana, I started watching the film and had to stop mid way as I was not impressed with Kristen Stewart playing Diana. She did not come off natural in the role.

However I will say the Snyder Cut is the second best comic book/Fantasy film we got this year. Artistically speaking ofcourse. Dune gets number 1.

I watched the Snyder Cut again last week and I did notice somethings I would have changed but overall maybe it is the best comic book lord of the rings like high fantasy film the genre has gotten so far. The Snyder Cut will likely end up as the best superhero film of 2021. that should make it easier to appear on some best films list when surveyed objectically.
    Such as? Genuinely curious.

For me, I'm sorry I can't shake DC/WB being stupid and not letting him use John Stewart at the end (the convo with Bruce). That would have made waaayyy more sense. Using MM instead, I guess it makes sense in a meta sort of way, if this is the end of the saga and we saw Swanwick in MoS, we see what became of him in the final(?) movie. Using Stewart makes sense as a bookend for the movie itself since we saw GLs in the fight with Uxas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Such as? Genuinely curious.
    Genuinely some parts of the last arc. it felt way too much as if the only people on the planet were the justice league and Darkseid army. I think this is why in the Whedon version, they felt they had to put that family for Flash to save. Not saying that was well executed either, however the job of the screen writer(s) is to try and come up with something.

For me, I'm sorry I can't shake DC/WB being stupid and not letting him use John Stewart at the end (the convo with Bruce). That would have made
    I am happy there was no Stewart. I liked the green lantern in the age of heroes chapter. I loved how Snyder did a green lantern very mysterious but very hard to forget in the movie. I loved that. Additionally Snyder still needed to create the full team, using The Martian to convo with Bruce than A green lantern was perfect since we already got a green lantern introduction in the second chapter.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-07-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Genuinely some part of the last arc. it felt way too much as if the only people on the planet were the justice league and Darkseid army. I think this is why in the Whedon version, they felt they had to put that family for Flash to save. Not saying that was well executed either because the job of the screen writer(s) is to try and comp up with something.
    I can see that. I felt both directors conveyed the seriousness of the situation differently. If we're only dealing with Steppenwolf, he's not exactly Darkseid so you need to show something in regards to stakes, and the family will do it. This version, we are dealing with Darkseid, and the planet's destruction does it just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    How did it change? He was written off then and he is equally so now.
    It seems like he went from "guy who ruined the DCEU" to some kind of misunderstood genius who got screwed over by WB in trying to make his version of the DC Universe. I will agree there are still people who don't like his work and/or are happy that the DCEU evolved beyond the Snyderverse, but, I mean, when BvS was new, would anyone have guessed that the Synder Cut would've happened?

Don't think you can beat Raya and the Last Dragon for 20201 fantasy, but, admittedly, I tried reading Dune and didn't like it, so I'm biased.

...maybe it is the best comic book lord of the rings like high fantasy film the genre has gotten so far.
    Dunno; kinda think that Eternals did it better than Snyder. At least, when seeing it, it felt like Chloe Zhao had a similar mindset to what Snyder wanted, but pulled it off better in terms of presentation and character writing.

The Snyder Cut will likely end up as the best superhero film of 2021. that should make it easier to appear on some best films list when surveyed objectically.
    I would've voted for James Gunn's Suicide Squad myself (good performances, intricate plotting, a finale where almost every little detail -- including stuff we thought was throwaway lines and jokes -- comes full circle, defined character arcs and themes, and a great deal of heart), but that's me.

(Course, it might be premature to vote which 2021 superhero movie is the best, with Spider-Man: No Way Home still to be released.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It seems like he went from "guy who ruined the DCEU" to some kind of misunderstood genius who got screwed over by WB in trying to make his version of the DC Universe. I will agree there are still people who don't like his work and/or are happy that the DCEU evolved beyond the Snyderverse, but, I mean, when BvS was new, would anyone have guessed that the Synder Cut would've happened?

Don't think you can beat Raya and the Last Dragon for 20201 fantasy, but, admittedly, I tried reading Dune and didn't like it, so I'm biased.

Dunno; kinda think that Eternals did it better than Snyder. At least, when seeing it, it felt like Chloe Zhao had a similar mindset to what Snyder wanted, but pulled it off better in terms of presentation and character writing.

I would've voted for James Gunn's Suicide Squad myself (good performances, intricate plotting, a finale where almost every little detail -- including stuff we thought was throwaway lines and jokes -- comes full circle, defined character arcs and themes, and a great deal of heart), but that's me.

(Course, it might be premature to vote which 2021 superhero movie is the best, with Spider-Man: No Way Home still to be released.)
    He's only a "misunderstood genius" to a very small minority of people. The general population still doesn't care for his direction. I think the only "new release" that had lower numbers on HBO Max than the Snyder cut was Tom and Jerry...and that had only slightly fewer views.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I like the Snyder Cut. Thought it improved greatly over the theatrical release. That said, I am very glad the next two films instead were wrapped up in the end scenes. Because that whole story line looks disastrous.
    It might make my top five comic movies this year, but no where near #1.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Did not see Raya and Last Dragon. this year I saw only GI JOE, Free Guy, Shang Chi, Black Widow, SS 2, Dune, Mortal Kombat reboot and Eternals. for comic book/action/fantasy/sci-fi. Snyder Cut is at number 2 after Dune.

LOL. Eternals is not in the same class as Snyder Cut. Artistically Snyder Cut blows away Eternals. it is not even funny. I genuinely feel sad for the Eternals cast because they are seem like nice good people, who enjoyed the roles and are very keen on representation and I do think Eternals should get a part 2 because the cast deserves so much better in the long haul than the current scrutiny of the movie. However Disney and Feige did them dirty with the film that must be pointed out.

To be honest now that you mentioned Eternals. It did remind of what should have been a cross breed movie between Snyder Cut and Days of Future Past merge together because Eternals were indeed supposed to be like a justice league kind of team (hence the more high fantasy call backs and Ikaris been MCU Superman) and then they were supposed to have complex conflicts soap opera and drama, which will then lean to more xmen kind of stories but Eternals flounder so badly in those 2 major areas compared to those films I mention because of the clear MCU too manufactured film approach and their derivate screen writing limitations. sigh and to think these people now have X-Men.

Suicide Squad 2 was a enjoyable. it is a very good summer blockbuster for a different kind of current comic book audience but Snyder's Cut is the better objectively artistic movie and will have a more important place significance in the DC movies history than SS 2
    Last edited by Castle; 12-08-2021 at 02:42 PM.