Page 91 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3155

So what's happening with reshoots? I saw something saying Cyborg would be involved despite the ongoing issue. Then I saw an interview with Canvill where he says he's not shooting anything new at all. He did say that could change but as of now he had no plans to

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    This is still the same director that made that "BvS" movie that everyone crapped on, right? And the "Man of Steel" movie that everyone crapped on? Okay....good luck with that....
    Not everyone though. Man of Steel is usually listed as one of the best DC films and one of the most talked about comic movie of the last 10 years.

The people who crapped on it are the people that wanted DC to be a twin of Marvel. They made the loudest news about it but at the end, they have had the less impact on the matter.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-25-2020 at 12:21 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So what's happening with reshoots? I saw something saying Cyborg would be involved despite the ongoing issue. Then I saw an interview with Canvill where he says he's not shooting anything new at all. He did say that could change but as of now he had no plans to
    It's very confusing because I heard that Cavill was coming back.

But I'm also reading that Cavill, Affleck and even Fisher coming back for the reshoots.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RockyHorror View Post
    Meh. That's less than $20 million per episode. Doesn't feel outlandish considering how streaming shows are going. Granted my personal feeling is that there are better places to put that cash than a broken version of Justice League, but that's just me, not a universal truth.
    Agreed.

Ultimately how WB spend their money is really their biz.

IMO that money could be spent on newer, better projects than resuscitating a dead project. But i think WB would have carried out their analysis and considering the pandemic is ultimately preventing cinemas from working at full capacity, putting money into streaming projects might be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It's very confusing because I heard that Cavill was coming back.

But I'm also reading that Cavill, Affleck and even Fisher coming back for the reshoots.
    I read something that says the interview Canvill did might have been recorded awhile back and held until Enola Holmes came came out. So who knows,I'm sure clarification will come soon enough.

And any dislike for MoS had no impact, the dislike for BvS had a big impact. I wasn't just Marvel fans boys , that movie got it from every direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed.

Ultimately how WB spend their money is really their biz.

IMO that money could be spent on newer, better projects than resuscitating a dead project. But i think WB would have carried out their analysis and considering the pandemic is ultimately preventing cinemas from working at full capacity, putting money into streaming projects might be the way to go.
    They have cash to spare, Wb must have figured out they don't really need to focus on cash with DC project after Joker. this is HBO Max, do you know how much money they put in for Game of Thrones or WestWorld? the money is peanuts when it comes to DC superheroes.

LOL, I don't think it is a dead project, why would it be? not if we only got 20% of the original movie. what seem to be dead project was the constant attempt to make DC more like Marvel. this is the only reason we got Whedon in the first place and why we are now getting the original DC Justice League movie.

Astonishing Member

The worst thing that could happen is we only get an epic conclusion to the birth(MoS) , death( BvS) and rebirth (ZSJL) trilogy and the best thing is we can get are JL2 and MoS2 lined up to complete the original Zack five part arc of the Snyderverse. Fans of Snyder's mythos don't lose either way. I don't have concrete proof but I surmise this kind of commitment by HBO suggests that higher ups at Warner Media/HBO Max are not making a purely business calculus (granted it is the major part of the rationale ) but they are themselves big fans of Snyder's superhero arc from MoS to JL.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I just read that WB is going to invest $70 million to finish the film.

Are we still selling the notion that a completed cut existed prior to Whedon taking over?

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I just read that WB is going to invest $70 million to finish the film.

Are we still selling the notion that a completed cut existed prior to Whedon taking over?
    According to Mark Hughes from Forbes, there was a cut that was more than 90% finished, but since they decided to show it, the added money was to re-edit stuff so that it made sense as four episodes and they're throwing money to film scenes that were originally dropped. So it appears this will be a beefed up version of the cut that already existed. (or so they say)

This YouTube video goes into it - showing Hughes' Tweets that address it: (his part starts at 2:20)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-25-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Not everyone though. Man of Steel is usually listed as one of the best DC films and one of the most talked about comic movie of the last 10 years.

The people who crapped on it are the people that wanted DC to be a twin of Marvel. They made the loudest news about it but at the end, they have had the less impact on the matter.
    Most talked about isn't always good the Room is talked about & no most who crapped on Man of Steel wanted a more classic interpretation of Superman and Jonathan Kent not the MCU.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    According to Mark Hughes from Forbes, there was a cut that was more than 90% finished, but since they decided to show it, the added money was to re-edit stuff so that it made sense as four episodes and they're throwing money to film scenes that were originally dropped. So it appears this will be a beefed up version of the cut that already existed. (or so they say)
    so according to what was claimed that whedon rewrote extensive changes and reshoot on about 20-25m, shyder to complete his 10 percent left in the movie will cost 70m. oh please , which filmmaker can get to have a do-over after all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    It could just be that Superman was dead in the scenes that they're reshooting

That doesn't match what anybody has said so far, either Whedon or Snyder.

BANNED

I hate to say this but I think day by day Ray Fisher is becoming less believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I hate to say this but I think day by day Ray Fisher is becoming less believable.
    I hate to say this but maybe Ray Fisher needs his own thread at this point. Unless they're changing the name to Cyborg and his Amazing Friends and I'm the last to know?

He's in the movie but not THE movie, so, why a day-by-day is needed on him is bizarre to me.

Thoughts on Martian Manhunter's cameo in the new trailer?

Thoughts on Hal Jordan being added back in?

Or is it just "Snyder sucks" and "ugh Ray Fisher" now?