Page 137 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3155
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    That's not true. In fact the reason why Steppenwolf was used prominently for JL instead of Darkseid was because WB feared it would look like they were ripping off of Marvel and Thanos.
    There's very little distinction there, just WB wanted what they're doing to be less obvious

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd say the high view count of the trailers definitely indicates there is increased awareness and curiosity at least, more so than there was before.

Whether or not that will translates into someone liking it or being interested in watching it remains to be seen though. I think the odds of more people checking it out have increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    And Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman weren’t too shabby, especially compared to the likes of what became of Justice League’s cut by Whedon and Warner Bros., though I don’t really blame them.
    There was interest in BvS, but that was due to the event of seeing those two characters on screen for the first together ever and it made most of its money in its first weekend because of that hype. It didn't have great legs though and bad word of mouth. That definitely had a part to play in theatrical JL having a poor turnout (because it was clearly a sequel to BvS), in addition to that being a poorly executed Frankenstein in its own right.

If you could take the future of your film franchise for granted, it's not exactly the worst idea to start with a Justice League movie that brings in one of Darkseid's minions and save Darkseid for a later Justice League movie. I mean that's basically how the MCU handled Thanos, even if they had to make up the Chitauri as a harbinger of Thanos while Darkseid has an established entourage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    If you could take the future of your film franchise for granted, it's not exactly the worst idea to start with a Justice League movie that brings in one of Darkseid's minions and save Darkseid for a later Justice League movie. I mean that's basically how the MCU handled Thanos, even if they had to make up the Chitauri as a harbinger of Thanos while Darkseid has an established entourage.
    They didn't make up the Chitauri, they were from the Ultimate comics

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Yeah, but just as another name for Skrulls IIRC. Still their connection to Thanos was invented for the movies

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    The name was in the ultimate comic sure other than that it's made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I think instead of the Darkseid route, they could have gone all in on building up the Legion of Doom. A collection of memorable arch villains who team up to take on the heroes is something the MCU doesn't have and it would set them apart. Arcs for Joker, Lex, Cheetah, Manta etc. that stretch over the solo franchise movies and into JL would have been cool. That way you could avoid the comparisons altogether, at least until the DC cinematic brand is strong enough that you could bring in Apokolips without people calling foul.

Preferably without Eisenberg and Leto though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think instead of the Darkseid route, they could have gone all in on building up the Legion of Doom. A collection of memorable arch villains who team up to take on the heroes is something the MCU doesn't have and it would set them apart. Arcs for Joker, Lex, Cheetah, Manta etc. that stretch over the solo franchise movies and into JL would have been cool. That way you could avoid the comparisons altogether, at least until the DC cinematic brand is strong enough that you could bring in Apokolips without people calling foul.

I think that was the plan.

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I said this after MoS. I thought doing a "reverse Avengers" where Lex goes around recruiting other villains was the perfect way to set up the Justice League. Darkseid, like Thanos, should be built up to and could come later.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I said this after MoS. I thought doing a "reverse Avengers" where Lex goes around recruiting other villains was the perfect way to set up the Justice League. Darkseid, like Thanos, should be built up to and could come later.
    Hell you don't have to even do League vs. Darkseid. The New Gods stuff could be its own film series.

Focus on High Father and Orion vs. Darkseid, not Superman

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    And meet in the swamp.

Meanwhile:

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Wow, the muted pallet that Snyder seems to love made all of his scenes seem so flat and uninteresting in comparison to the warmer pallet chosen for the theatrical cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The trailer is now hovering just below 10 million views and its estimated that the trailer received nearly 25 million views in total from all the various outlets. Only Godzilla vs Kong got higher views for WB and that trailer was incredibly viral as well.

This is narrative breaking folks, we got proof that the public at large is interested in this film.
    If, say sixty percent, are interested in poking fun at it?

Not all "Interest..." is a positive thing.