Page 8 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm not so sure why people think they want to see the Snyder cut so bad in the first place. Sure, you'll get a more cohesive movie, but the parts of JL that were clearly his were full of bland dreary dialogue and boring exposition, and "meh" action scenes.

I'm not an anti-Zack guy, but I doubt his version was some Citizen Kane of superhero movies.
    Eh, it's still a new JL movie basically, and there were good action scenes in MOS and BvS so who knows what cool fights got cut. I mean, it's not like we got another JL movie on the horizon, I'll take whatever I can get.

Astonishing Member

I'm not an anti-Zack guy, but I doubt his version was some Citizen Kane of superhero movies.
    Eh, I don’t think anyone is expecting The Godfather, but they are expecting it to be much better than the theatrical cut(which it most likely will, imo). Even if it does end up being seen as the weakest movie in the Snyder trilogy, I suspect it will be received positively in the Snyder fanbase overall. This is a win, no matter what the quality of Snyder’s version is.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Man of Steel sucked.
    Batman vs Superman sucked.

Justice League ... apparently when the test screening was done for the suit, they all thought it sucked.

But I guess some people really wanted to see it so, good for you and ... yay for more things that suck, I guess?

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

It's so funny to see all the haters keep pouring the hate on instead of just saying "hey, good game guys. You won. Now go watch your movie, I'll pass on it."

And it might seem crazy, but Man of Steel and Batman v Superman have more than 10 fans. Especially outside of the U.S., Snyder has a big international fanbase from everything that I've seen. The crowd response to Ryan Reynolds simply name dropping the Snyder Cut at CCXP is fairly indicative enough, at least in Brazil.

If you're not interested, don't watch it. But I think it's time for people to move on and quit crapping on the folks who appreciate Zack's work and/or just want to see his original vision as curious bystanders.

Thank you to WB, HBO Max, and AT&T for coming through with this. Congrats to the Snyders, cast/crew, and the entire Snyder Cut movement (all 10 of us, apparently).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Eh, I don’t think anyone is expecting The Godfather, but they are expecting it to be much better than the theatrical cut(which it most likely will, imo). Even if it does end up being seen as the weakest movie in the Snyder trilogy, I suspect it will be received positively in the Snyder fanbase overall. This is a win, no matter what the quality of Snyder’s version is.
    As well as not to be insulted by Snyder himself.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/03/26/zac...ial-dc-movies/

“Someone says to me like, ‘Oh! Batman killed a guy!’ I’m like, ‘F—, really?’ I’m like, ‘Wake the f— up!’” Snyder said in a Q&A session, as captured on video. “That’s what I’m saying about once you’ve lost your virginity to this f—ing movie and then you come and say to me something about like, ‘Oh, my superhero wouldn’t do that,’ I’m like, ‘Are you serious? I’m like down the f—ing road on that.’ You know what I mean?”

Snyder continued, “It’s a cool point of view to be like, ‘My heroes are still innocent. My heroes didn’t lie to America. My heroes didn’t embezzle money. My heroes didn’t commit any atrocities.’ I’m like, ‘That’s cool, but you’re living in a f—ing dream world.’ The cool thing is like mythologically speaking, I’m 100 percent fine — and by the way I love more than anything Superman and Batman — but in the same way that Alan Moore was fed up with the f—ing like, ‘Okay no, they do this,’ clearly this is a response. Watchmen talks about comic books in the same way that this movie talks about comic book movies, but it talked about comic books at their most — they were broken, so he was just addressing that. The thing with comic book movies is — and you know I’m a fan, I go and see them, I love ’em…”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    For those that want this, I'm very happy for you.

I am disheartened by the amount of disdain one must have for the DC heroes and good film making to want this (a director's cut that doesn't need to be made of a movie that should never have been made) but by the same token I have to admit that a few of the movies on my top 10 list aren't exactly cinema masterpieces either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

This quote is exactly what I mean when I say I am disheartened by the disdain people must feel for DC heroes to like Snyder's vision. What a horrible viewpoint.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    This quote is exactly what I mean when I say I am disheartened by the disdain people must feel for DC heroes to like Snyder's vision. What a horrible viewpoint.
    You found nothing wrong with is dismissive attitude and calling people who didn't like vision "virgins?" I'm a big DC fan, I just don't like his interpretation. That quote is bewildering, has he seen an MCU film before? They do kill people in those movies.

BANNED

You found nothing wrong with is dismissive attitude and calling people who didn't like vision "virgins?" I'm a big DC fan, I just don't like his interpretation. That quote is bewildering, has he seen an MCU film before? They do kill people in those movies.
    I am not sure I understand your reply. I intensely dislike Snyder's disdain for superheroes in general.

I've seen this before and it's for lack of a better term it's down to interpretation. There's people who praise Joss for being able to write complex female characters and put them in leadership positions in his stories. Then there's others who feel that because he frequently has bad things happening to them, he's "punishing" the female heroes for having sex, being to assertive, being gay or what have you.
    I can see it being argued either way. He writes female lead characters who are complex people. But he also falls into certain stereotypical patterns. The Lesbian characters must either die, turn into murdering maniacs or both. Female characters must at some point make statements about how men are evil and not in a joking way which you sometimes have to remember that it's a male writer writing these lines the actress has to say.
    Power with Girl is better.

I'm not so sure why people think they want to see the Snyder cut so bad in the first place. Sure, you'll get a more cohesive movie, but the parts of JL that were clearly his were full of bland dreary dialogue and boring exposition, and "meh" action scenes.

I can also see that it will almost certainly be far more consistent. Also, since it will probably never be taken as the canon version by most people, it is just something to satisfy a segment of fandom which is fine. On the other hand, it will also contain the elements that made the WB panic and change it to begin with. But I say it's fiction so go with whichever version you like more and call it canon.

I might even like it more myself if it is dramatically consistent with the previous two movies.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 05-22-2020 at 07:46 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Invincible Member

This quote explains so much. Zack ( like tons of comic creators during the grim and gritty era) took the wrong lesson from Watchmen. Part of what Moore was saying was that if a person acted like a superhero in real life, they'd be bullies, perverts, psychopaths, or just sad people. Zach looked at that and thought, "Yeah, grim superheroes are cool!"

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    It's so funny to see all the haters keep pouring the hate on instead of just saying "hey, good game guys. You won. Now go watch your movie, I'll pass on it."

And it might seem crazy, but Man of Steel and Batman v Superman have more than 10 fans. Especially outside of the U.S., Snyder has a big international fanbase from everything that I've seen. The crowd response to Ryan Reynolds simply name dropping the Snyder Cut at CCXP is fairly indicative enough, at least in Brazil.

If you're not interested, don't watch it. But I think it's time for people to move on and quit crapping on the folks who appreciate Zack's work and/or just want to see his original vision as curious bystanders.

Thank you to WB, HBO Max, and AT&T for coming through with this. Congrats to the Snyders, cast/crew, and the entire Snyder Cut movement (all 10 of us, apparently).
    I think a lot of fans have come here to post kudos to those who helped push to make this happen And I'm certainly curious as to what the movie will look like.

But let's also not kid ourselves - many of the fans who have been advocating for this cut to be released have also consistently looked down on those who feel Snyder nearly derailed the DCEU, acting like they knew something deep and meaningful behind his films that the other side couldn't see because they were too dense or blinded by Marvel to appreciate "quality" super hero films. I liked Man of Steel and (to a lesser degree) I liked BvS. But there's no question both those movies were blasted critically and underwhelmed substantially at the box office, especially in the case of BvS.

What it seems you want is for those that didn't feel the same way you did about MoS and BvS to admit they were wrong just because this project is now going forward, when the truth of the matter is that it's a low risk/high reward project for WB that has no bearing on anything other than the Snyder sycophants can claim victory and WB can potentially salvage some of the substantial money they lost when JL was originally released. Patty Jenkins is spearheading Wonder Woman, while James Wan and David F. Sandberg are moving forward with Aquaman 2 and Shazam 2, respectively. All three, BTW, have been able to develop much stronger and well-liked films than Snyder was able to with the three chances he had.

So yes, let's enjoy this, because regardless it is a win for fandom that it's moving forward and it doesn't impact anyone here negatively - you can choose to watch it or you can choose not to. But let's also remember what got us here and what was said by both camps over the past 3 years.

A number of creators that fans have defended have been just as dismissive towards fans and if I had to deal with being used as a punching bag for years while dealing with people mocking the death of a family member of mine, I wouldn't be so cheery myself. Fans say all kinds of crap aboout creators all the time. Don't be surprised when they push back and frankly Snyder's pretty tame in that regard.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A number of creators that fans have defended have been just as dismissive towards fans and if I had to deal with being used as a punching bag for years while dealing with people mocking the death of a family member of mine, I wouldn't be so cheery myself. Fans say all kinds of crap aboout creators all the time. Don't be surprised when they push back and frankly Snyder's pretty tame in that regard.
    And they'd be wrong to do that. Except this ins't about fans who mock his daughter's death, which is despicable. Fans like that go over the line, too. Snyder's been wanting payback for people who didn't like his DC work since Man of Steel and did everything possible to turn people away. He knew what people felt and deliberately went in directions to anger them rather than listen and de-escalate the tension. Don't dilute the faults of the worst bad fans who dislikes Snyder as though they speak for all of us. We can disagree with how he does things and not like being insulted in good faith.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 05-23-2020 at 01:54 AM.

https://www.thewrap.com/how-the-rele...would-podcast/

There is not going to be any kind of flies to the shoot with any actor. It is just additional dialogue. Here's something that hasn't been commented on yet: [Snyder] wanted to film and wanted to do additional photography, but HBO Max said no, that's not going to happen. We will give you money for post-production, special effects, soundtrack, and even ADR (dialogue recording), but there will be no re-recording of any kind in this movie.

This movie is basically one and it's done. This is to ... close the loop, to end the story. Maybe not the whole story, because I had a plan of three to five movies. But this Snyder-verse, I'll call it, will end with the Snyder Cut. Don't expect any benefits for Batman or with Ben Affleck as Batman or anything like that.