Page 26 of 211 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

In his nearly 30 years in the business, this is the first time I've heard anyone claim he was abusive toward them. The guy even got along with Robert Downey Jr. for chrissakes.

This is the future, I'm afraid, and the slimy flip side of rooting out the real abusers in the business. Every butt-hurt actor will make some morally superior tweet expecting to find a mob of perpetually angry social media slacktivists backing them up, and expecting cowardly companies to hand out pink slips at the first sign of trouble.

Fantastic Member

That doesn't mean it hasn't happened...look at all of the stories that came out about creators/actors/produces that we had no clue were behaving badly for decades.

And Whedon would have been one of the first to be called out if he'd been guilty of anything.

Was Whedon a Jerk? I mean if so, so what? Thank God Fisher never worked with Kubrick.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    In his nearly 30 years in the business, this is the first time I've heard anyone claim he was abusive toward them. The guy even got along with Robert Downey Jr. for chrissakes.

This is the future, I'm afraid, and the slimy flip side of rooting out the real abusers in the business. Every butt-hurt actor will make some morally superior tweet expecting to find a mob of perpetually angry social media slacktivists backing them up, and expecting cowardly companies to hand out pink slips at the first sign of trouble.
    This isn’t the first time he’s been accused. His ex wife had a tirade on it once

BANNED

all you’re doing is trying to diminish a black man’s experience that you know nothing about. you’re claiming he’s butt hurt when you actually have no clue what he went through. zero. stop silencing black men.

whedon’s own wife came out about his decades long abuse and unfaithfulness. you need to accept that because you like someone’s work he can still be a bad guy. you have no reason to try and shut down Fisher’s experience.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

We also have his less than stellar handling of Charisma Carpenter's pregnancy and firing her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    all you’re doing is trying to diminish a black man’s experience that you know nothing about. you’re claiming he’s butt hurt when you actually have no clue what he went through. zero. stop silencing black men.

whedon’s own wife came out about his decades long abuse and unfaithfulness. you need to accept that because you like someone’s work he can still be a bad guy. you have no reason to try and shut down Fisher’s experience.
    His wife accused him of infidelity and adultery. That’s not the same as abuse. This is the first time anyone has accused Whedon of being a jerk on set.

Guess what? Black men can be butt-hurt too. Don't claim that someone's skin color should insulate them from criticism or contradiction. It's infantilizing and patronizing.

I can't "shut down" his experience with a post any more than he can shut down Joss Whedon's reputation with a tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    We also have his less than stellar handling of Charisma Carpenter's pregnancy and firing her.
    Which they have since reconciled over.

There are no truly good people except Mr. Rogers and the Dalai Lama.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I'm sorry but what the hell kind of allegations are these? I mean, could he be more vague? Even some general examples would be nice because, honestly, this could easily just be a star being pissed off at his ex-boss (and the horror of being in Justice League, either version). Which is fine and all but in today's "cancel culture" (sorry, I just vomited in my mouth) and with entitled Snyder-cut fanatics being what they are, you just know that this is going to get Whedon "cancelled" by a bunch of reactionary idiots who have no idea whatsoever of the overall context of this, as I said, incredibly vague statement. I have no earthly idea what Whedon is like as a person but I see no reason to not give him the benefit of the doubt considering his history.

And yeah, despite his less than ideal handling of Charisma Carpenter's pregnancy (though, as near as I can tell, the whole situation was extremely complicated), I haven't heard anyone badmouth Whedon's on-set behaviour. And he has worked with a lot of different people - many of whom are certainly big enough to survive any damage to their careers for talking out against a relatively b-list Hollywood figure like Joss Whedon.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

Guess what? Black men can be butt-hurt too. Don't claim that someone's skin color should insulate them from criticism or contradiction. It's infantilizing and patronizing.

I can't "shut down" his experience with a post any more than he can shut down Joss Whedon's reputation with a tweet.
    that’s not what he’s even trying to do. he’s just sharing how he felt about it. you have no right to question it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    His wife accused him of infidelity and adultery. That’s not the same as abuse. This is the first time anyone has accused Whedon of being a jerk on set.
    so what? I have enough reason to believe he’s a sexist POS and Ray Fisher is free to talk about whatever he wants

that’s not what he’s even trying to do. he’s just sharing how he felt about it. you have no right to question it
    I have the right to question anything I please.

Nobody is stopping him from sharing how he felt about it, obviously. Just as no one will stop me from sharing how I feel about it.

BANNED

I have the right to question anything I please.

Nobody is stopping him from sharing how he felt about it, obviously. Just as no one will stop me from sharing how I feel about it.
    that’s ok i’ve already gathered what you really mean