Page 28 of 211 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    In her accusations his wife directly accused him of engaging in sexual relationships with people whom he presided power over. Her first instance of an affair was him having a relationship with someone on Buffy whom he was the show runner of and would have power over in a professional sense. If the accusation today is inappropriate misconduct on set, that right there is inexplicable linked. No different than Monica Lewinsky having a consensual affair with Bill Clinton. It’s wrong because of the power imbalance and it happened on set, therefore inappropriate environment on set.

She later goes on to say that he claimed that “When I was running Buffy I was surrounded by beautiful, needy, aggressive young women ..... break...... Suddenly I am a powerful producer and the world is laid out at my feet and I can’t touch”.

Again that is her laying out him describing a power imbalance on set that he possessed and how it was inappropriate. Yet he did “touch”. So he engaged in conduct on set that he knew was wrong.

So yes that is an on set issue of inappropriate behavior by his and her words.

Joss does have issues in the past with this. We can also go to the Charisma Carpenter issue. Yes they made up now. That doesn’t change that still by her own admission it was a toxic working environment because of how Joss reacted to her being pregnant.

There is a pattern of this particular individual creating inappropriate on set environments. This is not the first accusation of Joss being problematic there.
    Problem is the only thing really known are the problems he had with Carpenter and that he had an affair with women he worked with.

His Ex-Wife saying stuff without backing it up is not really something that i will take for truth. A Divorce can go like this really fast with one or both of them accusing each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Ray Fisher is free to talk about whatever he wants
    So is everyone else.

And talking about it is not the same as silencing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    His wife accused him of infidelity and adultery. That’s not the same as abuse. This is the first time anyone has accused Whedon of being a jerk on set.
    She also accused him of gaslighting her when she suspected his cheating.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    She also accused him of gaslighting her when she suspected his cheating.
    "Accused" is the crucial word.

Is there a known reason WHY he decided to come out with all this now? Something must have happened to kick this off.

I need more information before I'm willing to cast judgment. Actors like Affleck and Mamoa are too big for Whedon to really have any control over so I feel like if he was really this bad on set more then jjst Ray fisher would be speaking up. Feel like maybe something personal happened between the two on Set. I doubt saying Boo Yah was the catalyst though. That seems minor. I liked Ray as Cyborg though I didn't like the design or CGI quality of his character. But when he had the sweat suit on and was allowed to just act i really enjoyed him. Also the last scene of him changing the design of his suit was promising. Too bad we probaly don't see him again. But who knows guess there's a chance he pops up in Flash if it happens.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Is there a known reason WHY he decided to come out with all this now? Something must have happened to kick this off.

I need more information before I'm willing to cast judgment. Actors like Affleck and Mamoa are too big for Whedon to really have any control over so I feel like if he was really this bad on set more then jjst Ray fisher would be speaking up. Feel like maybe something personal happened between the two on Set. I doubt saying Boo Yah was the catalyst though. That seems minor. I liked Ray as Cyborg though I didn't like the design or CGI quality of his character. But when he had the sweat suit on and was allowed to just act i really enjoyed him. Also the last scene of him changing the design of his suit was promising. Too bad we probaly don't see him again. But who knows guess there's a chance he pops up in Flash if it happens.
    This is just speculation but maybe he felt safe to say it because of the BLM protests, people in the media are speaking out now about abuse and harassment in multiple fields in this environment - like wrestling. Got a vibe of "Have nothing to lose" from his post, too, which would be tragic. I hope he hasn't been blacklisted from the industry. He's wonderful actor. Cyborg was a bright spot in Justice League, I want Fisher in more movies.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    "Accused" is the crucial word.
    I was just refuting the other guy's claim that Whedon has never been accused of abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

Affleck maybe but was Mamoa that big at the time?

They were just talking about this on the john campea show and here it is here. From the sound of it he was angry most of his part was cut out of the movie and more jokey and made it known from even after jl was just done filming he was not happy about that. Sounds like he is bitter over it and still is. Funny thing is campea called him a "teen girl on twitter yelling about her girlfriend." and said he should have just talked it out with Wheadon then post it everywhere.

If more actors come out and say he acted that way we will know he is right but sounds like a bitter angry actor lashing out on twitter when he should be just talking it out with Wheadon. Sounds like the fatf thing all over again with the actor angry that the rock was getting a spin-off movie.

As for booyah some people said he did try to get it changed and cut cyborgs comedy parts out and even made trouble with the crew over it. If this is true i only have one thing to say.

What are you tom hanks. Why do you get to change the plot if you don't like it? You are getting paid millions to play cyborg and more then one version of cyborg said that. That's like a guy playing he-man angry he-man says "i have the power." Film your blasted role like you are paid millions to do or give it to someone else. When you get to be as big as the rock or tom hanks then you can change the script you hate.

On the other hand if what he says is true i take back what i said as he is in the right to get upset then yes he was wronged. I will stand by him if this turns out to be true. Man why can't dc catch a break. mera, flash and now this.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-02-2020 at 06:21 AM.

Until Ray brings the receipts, this just comes across as sour grapes over his role being reduced under Whedon's direction. Which Fisher has every reason to be upset about, but imo that in no way justifies slandering someone as abusive and toxic without any evidence or details to support your claims.

That's not to say it couldn't be true - its not hard to imagine there being a lot of tension on the set - Whedon was brought in under difficult circumstances and was presumably chosen specifically to add humor and lighten the tone of the movie, and was seemingly under pressure time-wise (certainly a lot of the CGI in the finished movie seems quite rushed), so i could see him not being very nice to work with on this particular production.

The cynical part of me thinks that this is Fisher's way of further ingratiating himself to the Snyder fans out there and promoting the Snyder cut. Since a Snyder cut that features an expanded role for Cyborg may be Fisher's best chance at getting a solo film with the character, it is in his own self-interest to push Snyder's version over the theatre release. In which case its a pretty risky move imo as who wants to hire an actor who trashes the director later on?

Again if he is telling the truth i will take back what i said and stand by hm.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

*deleted from the other thread to post here*
    This is the kinda thing I don't like these days. You can make claims on twitter, vague AF about it, get a few people who like you to co-sign on it and then the /cancelitall action starts.

I can see we need to not victim blame or any of that and on a lot of things I am going to lean on the victims word until i hear otherwise, but this social media posturing/**** talking just annoys me. If you have specific stuff, put it out there too, don't just wait until you are trending and a bunch of people wanna throw money at you for some tell all podcast interview appearance stuff.

For all this, it better result in the greatest superhero movie of all tine and with Snyder i just dont think he has it in him no matter how long he makes the movie or how much they let him cram into it

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

On one hand, Ray Fisher may seem like he has nothing to lose considering the state of his career but he could end up being blackballed by saying these things, so why would he lie? I know he feels indebted to Snyder but I don't believe he'll go as far as slander to prove that. I don't think he's that dumb. And there's nothing to suggest Whedon couldn't have acted unprofessionally on set. He's been accused of it before and while it's no excuse, I can see how he may not have gotten along with everyone considering it wasn't his film at all.

That being said, the timing of these comments is questionable. I know someone will liken this to abuse victims not coming out initially but from what I'm seeing here Fisher isn't saying he was a victim and is speaking up for others, so it's not the same. Snyder has also been truly vindicated and it is a lot easier to throw Whedon under the bus now than 3-4 years ago, especially doing this over the internet and on social media when we all know how people react to allegations like these, especially considering today's renewed political climate.

What I've decided to take from this is that it is more evidence that these guys will saying just about anything in order to maintain a good PR image. We saw it happen when BvS got released in theatres and how that changed when the Ultimate Cut was then announced and released. We saw it when SS got released in theatres and how that has changed with the talk of #ReleaseTheAyerCut. We saw it when JL was soon to be released, and now we're seeing the fallout of that again and how it has changed with the announcement of the Snyder Cut. The goalpost is always shifting and the narrative keeps changing. Quite frankly I'm tired of it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    It's definitely unwise... but immoral? Due to the "cheating on his wife" aspect yes, but the relationship itself, no.
    No it’s also immoral because you never know if someone is feeling compelled to sleep with Joss because he has power over their career. It’s like all the women who felt pressure to sleep with Weinstein.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Problem is the only thing really known are the problems he had with Carpenter and that he had an affair with women he worked with.

His Ex-Wife saying stuff without backing it up is not really something that i will take for truth. A Divorce can go like this really fast with one or both of them accusing each other.
    You can believe it or not, however the point remains that this week isn’t the first time Whedon has had accusations thrown his way. It’s not a new thing. For what it’s worth Whedon said he would agree to some of her points and disagree to others but didn’t want to discuss it publicly anymore.

However either way, between that and Carpenter this is the third accusation levied his way about on set behavior

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    You can believe it or not, however the point remains that this week isn’t the first time Whedon has had accusations thrown his way. It’s not a new thing. For what it’s worth Whedon said he would agree to some of her points and disagree to others but didn’t want to discuss it publicly anymore.

However either way, between that and Carpenter this is the third accusation levied his way about on set behavior
    except all three are completely different accusations with only Fischer's being specifically regarding what he's like on set. Even at the height of #MeToo, no accusations came forward from any of the actresses he has worked with about any sort of coercion by Whedon to sleep with him, let alone anything worse. The Carpenter thing was rough but they've both admitted that the whole situation was just a total mess. These current accusations are, well, pretty meaningless considering the total lack of detail provided and demonstrably contradicted by how often he is praised by those he works with - the folks over at Firefly especially.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.