Page 149 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3155
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

New photo released of JL's Joker...

FB_IMG_1614008379624.jpg

Again, I think if you love Snyder and his first two DCEU films you're going to be satisfied. If you have issues with him or them then I think you'll still be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Movie studios caving to paying fans is way better than caving to critics. In pretty much every way.
    Something just seems weird about this statement but someone needs to give an example of movie studios caving to critics because dollars always beats reviews. High critical acclaim stuff with poor sales don't get sequels, While horribly review movies with good box office get dozens of sequels, Heck Fast and Furious is living proof of this they are four rotten movies before FF5. Studios always listen to money unless it is one of those oscar bait films

Wow. That man REALLY loves his Jesus' "symbolism."

Astonishing Member

Zack Snyder originally wanted Lois and Bruce to be in a relationship together following Clark’s death.

But Warner Bros. did nix some of his more sweeping notions for Justice League, like adding a romance between Ben Affleck’s Bruce Wayne and Amy Adams’s Lois Lane, who was mourning Superman’s death in the previous film. “The intention was that Bruce fell in love with Lois and then realized that the only way to save the world was to bring Superman back to life,” says Snyder. “So he had this insane conflict, because Lois, of course, was still in love with Superman. We had this beautiful speech where [Bruce] said to Alfred: ‘I never had a life outside the cave. I never imagined a world for me beyond this. But this woman makes me think that if I can get this group of gods together, then my job is done. I can quit. I can stop.’ And of course that doesn’t work out for him.”
    ...What?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Mighty Member

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...atman-1631323/

He must have seen this cover at least

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Wow. That man REALLY loves his Jesus' "symbolism."
    I think the symbolism here is satan in disguise pretending to be Jesus because it is the Joker.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    New photo released of JL's Joker...

FB_IMG_1614008379624.jpg

Again, I think if you love Snyder and his first two DCEU films you're going to be satisfied. If you have issues with him or them then I think you'll still be disappointed.
    I did actually say "oh Jesus Christ" when I first saw this image.

It sounds like Bruce having a one sided infatuation with Lois, which wouldn't be too bad.

If she reciprocated it'd be weird, the first time she saw him was him about to stab Clark with a big fucking spear and shouting at the tope of his lungs like a crazy person.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah you're right it isn't caving. It's just smart business, the suits aren't leaving money on the table to appease fickle critics. They're hedging their bets on a built in audience.
    It's not "leaving money on the table" if it's not predicted to make more money than it costs to produce. A "built in audience" only matters if they're large enough, especially considering the amount that the special effects will cost

Zack Snyder on how he deals with criticisms on all his films..

"I honestly, I don't look at it that much," Snyder explained on SnyderCutBR. "I mean, look, I've looked at the, and sort of analyzed the -- as sort of anyone would do -- the sort of negative criticism of the films, in the past. I just don't... I haven't found anything within the criticism that would make me believe and/or change anything I do. So in that way, it doesn't really affect me. If I felt like there was an issue, or some sort of, something lacking within the work and I needed to look at the criticism to then reevaluate the way I approach things, that would be a different scenario. But, I wouldn't change a frame of anything I've done, so... the criticism is just the criticism."

https://www.cbr.com/zack-snyder-nega...ampaign=CBR-TW

I don't think he's telling the whole truth honestly. I can see some changes to BvS in response to criticisms to Man of Steel like the destruction of Metropolis.

This Joker is just a vision Batman has.

This was included because Zack thought the fans deserved to see Affleck's Batman and Let's Joker together.

So he completely changes Leto's Joker, makes their meeting not actually real, and slops a huge bucket of unneeded religious symbolism over it.

I can't even figure out where to start mocking this.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

What more is there to say? It was an idea he had of Bruce and Lois finding each other at vulnerable times in their lives. It certainly seems Bruce falls more for Lois than vice versa in that snip, but whatever. I'm happy the studio had him drop this and he acquiesced with their request. It didn't happen, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Zack Snyder on how he deals with criticisms on all his films..

"I honestly, I don't look at it that much," Snyder explained on SnyderCutBR. "I mean, look, I've looked at the, and sort of analyzed the -- as sort of anyone would do -- the sort of negative criticism of the films, in the past. I just don't... I haven't found anything within the criticism that would make me believe and/or change anything I do. So in that way, it doesn't really affect me. If I felt like there was an issue, or some sort of, something lacking within the work and I needed to look at the criticism to then reevaluate the way I approach things, that would be a different scenario. But, I wouldn't change a frame of anything I've done, so... the criticism is just the criticism."

https://www.cbr.com/zack-snyder-nega...ampaign=CBR-TW

I don't think he's telling the whole truth honestly. I can see some changes to BvS in response to criticisms to Man of Steel like the destruction of Metropolis.
    I think Zack has said before that the idea of controlling destruction in cities when there are "literal" gods and monsters fighting can be a ridiculous notion. I can't recall the exact interview and I'm not going to take the time to find it for anyone anymore considering people will still sh*t in my face, Zack's face, and his fandom's face no matter what. Agree/disagree, that's just his take as an artist.
    But, to further this, they literally went in the opposite direction with BvS (and even telephoneed it for the audience) by taking the Doomsday fight to the port of Gotham. They had the news cast mention the workday was over and the downtown core was empty, Batman says he drew DD to the port because it was abandoned, etc.

If that wasn't studio, then that was likely Zack and his team listening to a large section of people from MoS saying the destruction in Metropolis in MoS was too much. Funnily enough, people still complained about the DD fight and I heard people walking out of the theater mocking how there were no civilians in the abandoned port...

Zack can't win for trying, and that's what people like me have been trying to say. He's a lightning rod for both haters and lovers and it makes for divisiveness that's on display in every Internet forum like this or in person.

This article from Vanity Fair answers a lot of questions, confirms almost all of what his fandom has been saying (and debunks much of what many of you have been denying), and is overall a good read into his mind and what went on behind the scenes. I encourage haters and fanboys alike to read it if you have the time...

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...gue-snyder-cut

Zack is a great human being and he went through some crap. Perhaps his biggest crime was making superhero movies (rather, interpreting the characters in his own way) more realistic and grounded, broken down to build back up. I understand why people didn't like Man of Steel or Batman v Superman. I'll respect those opinions. But, I loved both movies and he singlehandedly made me care about Superman again and I loved the direction he was taking these titans on the screen.

I'm popping open a cold one on March 18th, and will likely watch the first two hours, then finish up on Friday the 19th. I can't wait and I'm thankful this saga will come to an end the way it should.
    Last edited by Wandering_Wand; 02-22-2021 at 04:09 PM.

"They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Something just seems weird about this statement but someone needs to give an example of movie studios caving to critics because dollars always beats reviews. High critical acclaim stuff with poor sales don't get sequels, While horribly review movies with good box office get dozens of sequels, Heck Fast and Furious is living proof of this they are four rotten movies before FF5. Studios always listen to money unless it is one of those oscar bait films
    It's a hypothetical statement.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    It's not "leaving money on the table" if it's not predicted to make more money than it costs to produce. A "built in audience" only matters if they're large enough, especially considering the amount that the special effects will cost
    Well I guess they think the audience is large enough cuz the movie is made and gonna be released.

what is the official length of the film, now? Is it going to be split into parts? what's the final premiere date?