Page 115 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I hope it does get released as a single movie. Yes, four hours is very long, but I do believe a movie should be a done-in-one experience. Cutting it into 4 chapters makes it a TV miniseries. Nothing wrong with that, but you do lose the epic momentum feel of a movie.

Likely, HBO Max will try to have their cake and eat it, too, with a four-chapter version being released sometime after the unified version has run its course.
    Now that you say that I guess you are right, Justice League felt like it was 3 hours to me lol. So a whole other 2 hours of new content I guess I can see myself sitting through that. Still I like the idea of 4 chapters(or 2 viewings) and for some reason in my mind I pictured it coming along with a supplemental after show that talk about different points and keys to the movie.

What it is loses in cohesiveness from a straight up viewing. I think it could make up as event viewing. People would be tuning in every week and it would get the water cooler talk/ forum talk, Podcast and shows would be breaking it down and talking about it plus the all articles written about it over space of a couple weeks. And when the final show comes on hits landing they would be a sense of hype in community. There could be a benefit in parts as well.

Astonishing Member

I don't know why but after B vs S Snyder lost his ability to tell a cohesive story in a standard time frame, now he can't do anything without bloating a movie to 3 hours. He needs editing badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I don't know why but after B vs S Snyder lost his ability to tell a cohesive story in a standard time frame, now he can't do anything without bloating a movie to 3 hours. He needs editing badly.
    I think it's because he has too much to choose from. 300 was a fine adaptation because he could literally just pull scenes from the pages. Dawn of the dead was similar. This is also what he did with Watchmen, however this was not a great adaptation due to the fact it isn't as "meat and potatoes" as 300. I havent seen sucker punch so i can't comment on it.

BvS (and I'm gonna wager JL) suffers from him Not knowing what source material he wants to leave out seeing as he's adapting long running, serialized characters into an original story.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

To be fair, the story WB wants to tell isn't cohesive.
    "Cable was right!"

I have heard the 3 hour extended cut of Bvs on HBOMax is better than the theatrical release. Maybe that is the time frame it needs. Would you want Lawrence of Arabia cut to 2 hours. (a joke)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I have heard the 3 hour extended cut of Bvs on HBOMax is better than the theatrical release. Maybe that is the time frame it needs. Would you want Lawrence of Arabia cut to 2 hours. (a joke)
    I think the plot makes more sense in the extended cut, but if someone didn't like the theatrical release i'm not sure the extended cut would change his or her mind

Ultimate Member

Exactly.

It’s like Snyder struggles to condense his movies into a reasonable run time.

BvS was bloated and only made sense when one watched the extended cut. But that really shouldn’t be the case.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I think the plot makes more sense in the extended cut, but if someone didn't like the theatrical release i'm not sure the extended cut would change his or her mind
    Some plot holes being clarified helps, but it honestly seems like the same movie with the same problems. There is just more of it.

For me the major problem with BvS was Eisenberg's Luthor. It almost ruined the movie for me. So I guess they didn't recast him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

For me the major problem with BvS was Eisenberg's Luthor. It almost ruined the movie for me. So I guess they didn't recast him.
    I liked him in some scenes at first, but when I re-watched it a couple times he started grating more and more.

It's like he stepped in from a completely different movie, and not in a good way.

I can't wait until this kino drops, gonna be a lot of fun!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Luthor only worked IMO in the end credits scene of Justice League. And I'm guessing that was all Whedon not Snyder.

He was such a different take on Luther, and a little too much Ledger Joker. Now you can go for different takes on characters, I think John Cryer's Luther is different and delightful. But when you do different, if it fails, it fails big. His Luther failed.

He was such a different take on Luther, and a little too much Ledger Joker. Now you can go for different takes on characters, I think John Cryer's Luther is different and delightful. But when you do different, if it fails, it fails big. His Luther failed.
    That can be the problem with going against perceived notions of characters in general. There can be room for experimentation and shaking up perceptions and it can be successful.

If you take the risk, it really needs to be executed well. This was not a case of that. It was embarrassingly bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    To be fair, the story WB wants to tell isn't cohesive.
    They tell cohesive stories regularly in the DCEU, Snyder and Ayer's Suicide Squad are exceptions.