Page 155 of 211 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3155
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So Snyder's Superman arc:

-Batman beats up Superman and nearly kills him
    -Superman dies at the hands of a monster created by Kryptonian tech (basically the world wouldn't be in danger if his ship hadn't arrived on earth)
    -He's resurrected, becomes a tool of Darkseid and helps him destroy the planet
    -Batman impregnates Lois
    -Batman sacrifices himself and is the big hero, while Superman raises Bruce and Lois' love child

...wow
    These ideas sound like they came from a parody of JL.

Just awful.

For a hamfisted Christ allegory, Superman did exactly jack **** in the scheme of things had these abortions actually took place.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I don’t ever want to hear about “Snyder’s vision” again. What a joke.
    Snyder at least had a vision. it's a joke only as a subjective. it is subjectivism how anyone feels about his vision, some love it or hate it but that point of art. it's still far more commendable than cooperate mass manufacturing stuff trying to be directed done movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    So...Zack’s original story outlines for JL Part 2 leaked and it turns out the plan was to have Bruce and Lois have a kid together....

Here’s the plot outlines here.
    Oof

Last Supper of the Justice League.... I thought the Christ imagery was supposed to be entered on Superman?

At this point was there a plan for the Aquaman movie? Because it seems to ignore it quite a bit.

Are we sure this is real? It seems pretty bad even for Snyder's standards in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Oof

Last Supper of the Justice League.... I thought the Christ imagery was supposed to be entered on Superman?

At this point was there a plan for the Aquaman movie? Because it seems to ignore it quite a bit.

Are we sure this is real? It seems pretty bad even for Snyder's standards in my opinion
    Is Jim Lee sketching out someone else’s bad fan fiction?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Snyder at least had a vision. it's a joke only as a subjective. it is subjectivism how anyone feels about his vision, some love it or hate it but that point of art. it's still far more commendable than cooperate mass manufacturing stuff trying to be directed done movies.
    You can trying to be positive there but this sucks and you know it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    You can trying to be positive there but this sucks and you know it.
    I don't follow. however I will drop this video You can tell how this whole stuff is all about his work. You dont have to like the film to admire his passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Is Jim Lee sketching out someone else’s bad fan fiction?
    Oh damn I didn't realise it was Jim Lee haha. My bad.

God it's dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So Snyder's Superman arc:

-Batman beats up Superman and nearly kills him
    -Superman dies at the hands of a monster created by Kryptonian tech (basically the world wouldn't be in danger if his ship hadn't arrived on earth)
    -He's resurrected, becomes a tool of Darkseid and helps him destroy the planet
    -Batman impregnates Lois
    -Batman sacrifices himself and is the big hero, while Superman raises Bruce and Lois' love child

...wow
    I actually don't mind the idea of Clark adopting someone else's child, but it being Bruce and Lois' child would be so weird. I also don't think Snyder could explore the depth of Superman adopting someone else's child.

Also, how bizarre is it that these JL films would have barely featured Superman being a hero at all? Assuming a large part of the Snyder cut is devoted to Clark's resurrection of course

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I don't follow. however I will drop this video You can tell how this whole stuff is all about his work. You dont have to like the film to admire his passion.

Having passion would matter if he had skill or anything more than surface level understanding of the subject matter

So forgive me if this is old news, but I've just found out that that previous leak is for basically Justice League 3 - Justice League 2's outline is here:

POSSIBLE LIGHT SPOILERS FOR SNYDER CUT FROM HERE:

https://geekositymag.com/zack-snyder...boards-leaked/

It's... something. Personally, I think The plot sounds messy and overstuffed, with some weird character moments/arcs. I like the idea of Flash and Cyborg kind of being a duo, and I like the idea of Lex getting villains together (although the choice of villains doesn't excite me at all). What's also interesting is that they seemed to have a clear idea of what was going to happen in The Flash movie at the time. It's so weird thinking that these movies were supposed to come out in 2019 and 2020. It also seems weird that this was the proposed plot of JL 2, especially seeing as Darkseid was still being built as the main threat. Diana and Arthur being killed off is super weird.

Anybody who isn't a fan of Snyder's DC work will likely be glad we didn't get these movies. A lot of room for Snyder's calling cards in the final products.

All-New Member

I really don't get the Snyder thing. Why was this ever greenlit?

If this was the 3rd or 4th reboot of a JL franchise, I could understand them going for a unique or an unorthodox approach like Snyder's, but we have never gotten this before. Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman and all those others, on screen together for the first time ever and you're' giving it to someone who doesn't get it? Who turns it into his very niche fanboy wet dream?

I really hope those leaks aren't real, it would make Snyder even more incompetent than I thought he was, which is an achievement in itself.

-COVID disrupted everything and they needed new content for their streaming service.
    -WB is owned by a phone company now and they are $150B in debt. They need Disney/Marvel level success not just for the sake of competition and reputation but for the sake of survival.
    -Said phone company understands the entertainment industry even less and they alienated some of the top Hollywood talent like Chris Nolan and Denis Villenue by going for same day release of their movies on streaming service without consulting them.
    -If you think Snyder didn't get these characters then the higher ups at Warner Bros gets it even less. All they see are sales charts. That can only tell you so much. What is 'obvious' to us is not obvious to them.

Hamda is in charge, we will now how the DCU fares under his watch in the next couple of years. As for the Snyder Cut, we'll see how it goes. I'm just here for the mayhem that will inevitably ensue.

From what I understand, the original plan for the Snyder cut was to release it exactly as it was, unfinished and everything. (And I want to be clear that I don't mean the Justice League movie. I mean the thing people were talking about when they said "release the Snyder cut".)

What I assumed happened after that, was somebody was convinced to give them just a little money in order to finish it, however nobody ever specified what "a little money" or "finish it" actually meant so the whole thing spiraled out of control with Snyder insisting that every little idea he had was crucial to the movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    -COVID disrupted everything and they needed new content for their streaming service.
    -WB is owned by a phone company now and they are $150B in debt. They need Disney/Marvel level success not just for the sake of competition and reputation but for the sake of survival.
    -Said phone company understands the entertainment industry even less and they alienated some of the top Hollywood talent like Chris Nolan and Denis Villenue by going for same day release of their movies on streaming service without consulting them.
    -If you think Snyder didn't get these characters then the higher ups at Warner Bros gets it even less. All they see are sales charts. That can only tell you so much. What is 'obvious' to us is not obvious to them.
    For the money wasted on this-they could have made a TON of new content.

Heck they could have pulled a Power Rangers and bought footage and dubbed a new show for less.

Static Shock Season 5 anybody?

A 6 part Creeper or Manhunter series?

Heck they could have just animated the missing part like the BBC did with Dr Who.

What good is all this when that nasty reality of-folks can do the trial run and then quit the service?

They are going to need at least a million new subscribers to STAY beyond that trial period.

Snyder Cut is not going to eliminate that 150 billion debt. Because there is no incentive for someone to stay beyond that free trial.