Page 89 of 211 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Maybe that is what actually pissed Momoa off that they claimed he was part of a film on their slate ,when he wasn't.I mean he probably was not privy to specific career threats to Ray, so he kept out of that but in general terms as a more seasoned actor than Ray he is definitely aware what constitutes industry ethics and professionalism and lack thereof.So he may have known how Whedon and Geoff acted, and if he sensed WB was forcing the issue by pegging him to film he was not part of, he definitely could see it as a pr move that had nothing to do with his own interest.If I were in his shoes I'd feel the same way.You can't make statements for me especially if they are flat out lies
    Two and a half months later he finally spoke out?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Treatment not being good is nowhere near the same things as being abusive. I still haven't heard anything worse than Whedon being a jerk and a lot of bosses are jerks. It's not a huge deal.

As for why Whedon hasn't said anything... why does he need to? Getting into an arguing match with a guy that hasn't actually raised any real complaints would be pointless.

To be honest, I didn't want to see it to begin with, but I've gone past that to not wanting to see Fisher in anything.

This just reads weird to me. The movie was announced months ago and Momoa never seemed like he was even backing anything Fisher said. Him suddenly coming out and accusing them of making up a movie and trying to drive a wedge between them seem odd.

And if they were just going to dangle something in front of him, why Frosty the Snow man? That's not exactly a huge star vehicle.
    We don’t know exactly what Joss Whedon did because Ray Fisher hasn’t said yet. He’s being cautious as he’s still under a no disclosure agreement. The story will come out eventually, but until it does we can’t really decide whether or not it’s “a huge deal”.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Two and a half months later he finally spoke out?
    Him speaking out now is perfectly normal if he was not privy to the specific threats or actions directed to Fisher.All he knows was general conduct perhaps being 'unproffessional' but not knowing anything that transitioned into anything criminal,but he heard the narrative put out by WB that Ray was apparently not cooperating with the investigation or inquiry and now he hears his name attached to a project he did not endorse or unequivocally acknowledge being a part of, sure he'd logically think well WB is lying about me, why wouldn't they lie with regard to Fisher? That is if we are to presume he knows nothing,If he does well then he's probably lost faith in the studio being accountable (even if he is not the aggrieved party)
    Last edited by Rev9; 09-15-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Him speaking out now is perfectly normal if he was not privy to the specific threats or actions directed to Fisher.All he knows was general conduct perhaps being 'unproffessional' but not knowing anything that transitioned into anything criminal,but he heard the narrative put out by WB that Ray was apparently not cooperating with the investigation or inquiry and now he hears his name attached to a project he did not endorse or unequivocally acknowledge being a part of, sure he'd logically think well WB is lying about me, why wouldn't they lie with regard to Fisher? That is if we are to presume he knows nothing,If he does well then he's probably lost faith in the studio being accountable (even if he is not the aggrieved party)
    Right, he heard "his name attached to a project he did not endorse or unequivocally acknowledge being a part of" two and a half months ago, why wait two and a half months to speak out?

Right, he heard his name attached to a project that he did not endorse or unequivocally acknowledge being a part of two and a half months ago, why wait two and a half months to speak out?
    He wasn’t just announced as voicing a character, he was announced as being a producer as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    We don’t know exactly what Joss Whedon did because Ray Fisher hasn’t said yet. He’s being cautious as he’s still under a no disclosure agreement. The story will come out eventually, but until it does we can’t really decide whether or not it’s “a huge deal”.
    Contracts don't cover illegal acts, he's saying he signed a contract forbidding him saying he was abused. Even if that a true why would he sign it and it's not enforceable.

Astonishing Member

Right, he heard "his name attached to a project he did not endorse or unequivocally acknowledge being a part of" two and a half months ago, why wait two and a half months to speak out?
    I won't pretend to know when the Frosty announcement was made ,if it was made two months ago then that would be before the WB claim that Ray was not cooperating with the investigation.Maybe he didn't see it as a distraction at the time.If the announcement was after ,it looks suspicious by WB especially if it was after Momoa threw his weight behind Fisher. Whatever be says is contextual in view of the treatment of Ray but also the investigation.I mean we don't know but his speaking out now could mean he has also been or is being called to give his testimony.Now when the investigation is getting wider, he is speaking out.

I don't have a problem with the timing.As I said he may not be privy to the details of threats made to Ray, maybe in private Ray told him what happened and now he feels WB is being disingenuous.We have to wait and see.It would be suspicious if he was speaking out after a hypothetical announcement that WB is getting a new aquaman for Aquaman 2 but because he is speaking before I see no conflict of interest or any other agenda
    Last edited by Rev9; 09-15-2020 at 10:19 PM.

I won't pretend to know when the Frosty announcement was made ,if it was made two months ago then that would be before the WB claim that Ray was not cooperating with the investigation.Maybe he didn't see it as a distraction at the time.If the announcement was after ,it looks suspicious by WB especially if it was after Momoa threw his weight behind Fisher. Whatever be says is contextual in view of the treatment of Ray but also the investigation.I mean we don't know but his speaking out now could mean he has also been or is being called to give his testimony.Now when the investigation is getting wider, he is speaking out.

I don't have a problem with the timing.As I said he may not be privy to the details of threats made to Ray, maybe in private Ray told him what happened and now he feels WB is being disingenuous.We have to wait and see.It would be suspicious if he was speaking out after a hypothetical announcement that WB is getting a new aquaman for Aquaman 2 but because he is speaking before I see no conflict of interest or any other agenda
    The report about frosty came out right after Fisher made his initial claims. Long before Mamoa got involved. Now iono if that was an attempt at a bribe or if Wbs had anything to do with that report getting out there at all. Didnt pay it enough attention. Still no idea what to make of this until we get actual details.

Astonishing Member

Agree, I'll wait for more detail, before trying to parse the decision behind the timing of who says anything. For me at a minimum Momoa seems to have more to lose by coming out against WB narrative.So in that regard I lean to believe him speaking out against something improper, he may not know all the facts as pertains to Ray ,but he certainly knows more than I do, for me to doubt him.

Astonishing Member

Agree, I'll wait for more detail, before trying to parse the decision behind the timing of who says anything. For me at a minimum Momoa seems to have more to lose by coming out against WB narrative.So in that regard I lean to believe him speaking out against something improper, he may not know all the facts as pertains to Ray ,but he certainly knows more than I do, for me to doubt him.
    The problem is what is he siding with Fisher about. It's night and day between regular Hollywood unprofessionalism and actual abuse, and nobody is running to clarify anything of substance on the latter. All we know is that they agree that Fisher was slighted, which doesn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Contracts don't cover illegal acts, he's saying he signed a contract forbidding him saying he was abused. Even if that a true why would he sign it and it's not enforceable.
    Politely, no one with any sense is going to roll the dice on potentially violating an NDA based on that some random person on a message board said that they are in the clear if they choose to violate it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, no one with any sense is going to roll the dice on potentially violating an NDA based on that some random person on a message board said that they are in the clear if they choose to violate it.
    This is why it's important to search valid sources to see whether something in law is true when a person's professional career is in jeopardy. Let's look at what the American Bar Association has to say on this subject.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/d...etoo-movement/

Even if these contracts seem to prohibit disclosures of misconduct or unlawful activity, there is some support for the idea that disclosures relating to workplace harassment are protected under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That means that an employer cannot retaliate against an employee for complaining about workplace harassment. However, there is also a body of case law saying that if the employee is excessively disruptive or unreasonable in the way he or she complains, that protection can disappear.

In other words, there are good legal reasons to believe it is permissible for employees to publicly disclose workplace harassment, but they should be thoughtful about how they do it.
    This is where having a really good lawyer is a godsend, and being legally cautious is encouraged. It's debatable Fisher is doing either in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    He wasn’t just announced as voicing a character, he was announced as being a producer as well.
    And? If the movie was fake as he says now certainly he would have said something when he was announced as starring in it

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

And? If the movie was fake as he says now certainly he would have said something when he was announced as starring in it
    This really is the most confusing aspect of this. Was he not aware until just now that he was allegedly attached this project?

Or did someone prevent him from saying anything?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This really is the most confusing aspect of this. Was he not aware until just now that he was allegedly attached this project?

Or did someone prevent him from saying anything?
    I could be wrong about this, but I suspect there was some talk about a movie and he said something noncommittal like "it sounds interesting" or "that might be worth doing" and somebody just got over zealous and reported it like it was a done deal. That does tend to happen with the Hollywood rumor mill.