Page 25 of 211 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'd quit saying "Adult Superhero Movie" sounds like you're talking about .
    Adult superhero movies is a phrase commonly used with many comic films though not the MCU movies.

Can I also remind you DC already has an animated TV line that appeals mostly to adults? the recent ongoing Harley Quinn series?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    "A lot of people come in with the preconception that Superman is supposed to be a feel good fantasy, full stop. But MoS sets out to be a story in a much more realistic world and about what would be most likely to really happen. It isn't perfect. It has flaws. But I suspect the biggest problem is it isn't what a lot of people wanted.
    I don't agree with this. I think anyone who saw and loved the feel good fantasy of Reeves would be more accepting of Man of Steel because of age and time. It was all about story evolution. I only wished Man of Steel had come out in 2008 or 2009 not in 2013.

Superman Returns was a good bridge between Superman 2 and Man of Steel. The superficial complaints of man of steel would have been less if some people for once had stopped using Avengers 2012 as a ''good example'' for a Superman movie to follow.

Christopher Nolan even said in interviews that Man of Steel was not trying to be Avengers, shame some did not listen.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-27-2020 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Adult superhero movies is a phrase commonly used with many comic films though not the MCU movies.

Can I also remind you DC already has an animated TV line that appeals mostly to adults? the recent ongoing Harley Quinn series?

I don't agree with this. I think anyone who saw and loved the feel good fantasy of Reeves would be more accepting of Man of Steel because of age and time. It was all about story evolution. I only wished Man of Steel had come out in 2008 or 2009 not in 2013.

Superman Returns was a good bridge between Superman 2 and Man of Steel. The superficial complaints of man of steel would have been less if some people for once had stopped using Avengers 2012 as a ''good example'' for a Superman movie to follow.

Christopher Nolan even said in interviews that Man of Steel was not trying to be Avengers, shame some did not listen.
    Maybe it should have. It might be getting sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Maybe it should have. It might be getting sequels.
    It did. 10 chars.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It did. 10 chars.
    It got one sort of sequel with B vs S, which killed his movie franchise dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It did. 10 chars.
    Not really.

Astonishing Member

One thing I’m super curious about in Snyder’s version is how Superman is revived. I wonder how different it is from the theatrical cut in the Zack’s cut.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 06-29-2020 at 04:31 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

What in the WORLD is going on regarding Ray Fisher (Cyborg) and his rather dramatic tweet earlier today:

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/statu...36497940852737

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Fisher, June 29, 2020
    I’d like to take a moment to forcefully retract every bit of this statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Fisher, San Diego Comic Con 2017:
    Joss is a great guy and Zack picked a good person to come in and clean up and finish up for him.

"Forefully" retract is very strong, it seems. I get wanting to support Zach Snyder and his original cut and vision for the Cyborg character, but Fisher's statement is pretty provocative.

Astonishing Member

He must had a very difficult time working with Whedon on the Justice League reshoots. I can understand him feeling a bit angry since his story was greatly altered or truncated when Whedon took over the directing duties but tweeting something like this is pretty petty on his part even if it comes from an understandable place of frustration over his disagreements with him.
    Snyder, unsurprisingly, liked the very same post on his Vero account.

Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 06-29-2020 at 03:37 PM.

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

I'm guessing that they thought Whedon was going to "finish" the movie, but the studio had much different ideas...(i.e. they wanted someone to come in and chop it up and reshoot it)

I have to say, it's pretty amusing that I see people arguing over Man of Steel, because it reflects my thoughts on this cut.

Generally, I'm pretty skeptical about a re-cut being a massive improvement, and it's because of Man of Steel and BvS. Those were Snyder's movies too, and they were so heavily flawed that I don't have much hope for this. I'll still watch it, and maybe it'll prove me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I'm guessing that they thought Whedon was going to "finish" the movie, but the studio had much different ideas...(i.e. they wanted someone to come in and chop it up and reshoot it)
    With the reaction to B vs S not sure I blame them, Snyder was not longer seen as a safe bet and Avengers changed everything about superhero team movies. But the anger being thrown at Whedon from the cast and Snyder, is it that he finished a film they didn't like (which was unavoidable - no director was going to save that movie) or that Snyder himself didn't finish it himself? I can understand the former, but the latter, Snyder was in no shape to do that movie after his daughter died. No director would be under those circumstances.

Astonishing Member

Damn.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 07-01-2020 at 10:11 AM.

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

He should take his tiny little axe and go grind it somewhere else.

I wonder when the Kallout Kids are going to finally find the perfect human being they've been looking for.

Funny how now that Snyder's online whining has paid off and he's been allowed back the movie he chose to leave that the guy who was hired to replace him is being thrown under the bus.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    He should take his tiny little axe and go grind it somewhere else.

I wonder when the Kallout Kids are going to finally find the perfect human being they've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Funny how now that Snyder's online whining has paid off and he's been allowed back the movie he chose to leave that the guy who was hired to replace him is being thrown under the bus.
    I wish I were a movie star and my problems were that I didn't get enough screen time (but ended up playing a part in True Detective successfully) or was treated badly by director. I'm sure sleeping on a pillow of cash every night helps, Ray & Gal
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 07-01-2020 at 10:41 AM.