Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBOmax in 2021!

I'll admit it: I was wrong.

There IS a Snyder Cut, and Warner will officially let us see it next year on their streaming HBOmax.

Warner is spending $20-$30M to bring it to life, including re-shoots.

I'm just amazed.

Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 05-20-2020 at 02:00 PM.

I was going to say that all it took was a Pandemic, but apparently talks were going on (and Snyder screened his rough cut for execs) in February.

I'm glad we'll finally get it, so we can at least see if it's better or worse than what we got.

Source.

"The first person called: Ray Fisher, who played Cyborg. "He was like, 'You’re kidding me, right?'" recalls Zack."

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I mean, as much as I don't get why so many people want to see the movie so badly there certainly did seem to be a lot of them. I guess enough that WB feels like they can squeeze a bit more cash out of it than they put in.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I mean, as much as I don't get why so many people want to see the movie so badly there certainly did seem to be a lot of them. I guess enough that WB feels like they can squeeze a bit more cash out of it than they put in.
    Fans of a director simply wanted that director to see his work released. That’s it.

So everything he talked about will be put in, except the Darkseid tease according to the article.

Darkseid aside, here's a deleted scene I would have liked to have seen and hope its in the new cut:

"He also added that there was another deleted scene with Steppenwolf, where, after he took the Mother Box from Themyscira, he actually talks to the Box. His mother Hegra's essence is alive in the Mother Box and all three combined would give him more power and an edge over his uncle Darkseid."

It changes the nature of the family dynamics (in the comics Steppenwolf is the uncle, Darkseid the nephew). Most might see it as a convoluted reason to explain why he calls it MOTHER box, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So everything he talked about will be put in, except the Darkseid tease according to the article.

Darkseid aside, here's a deleted scene I would have liked to have seen and hope its in the new cut:

"He also added that there was another deleted scene with Steppenwolf, where, after he took the Mother Box from Themyscira, he actually talks to the Box. His mother Hegra's essence is alive in the Mother Box and all three combined would give him more power and an edge over his uncle Darkseid."

It changes the nature of the family dynamics (in the comics Steppenwolf is the uncle, Darkseid the nephew). Most might see it as a convoluted reason to explain why he calls it MOTHER box, though.
    I'm glad that a segment of fandom will get the alternate version they want to see. But the very fact that the title of the article is "A Darker Justice League" indicates it is going to exhibit the very things most people expected after MoS and B v S and the very reason they did not go to see it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Darkseid is going to be in the Snyder cut.

https://www.cbr.com/darkseid-going-i...ue-snyder-cut/

Don’t know how the rumor started that he wasn’t going to appear. He’s one of the biggest draws of the new version.

Unfortunately, this still doesn't spare us from Ezra Miller's Flash. Henry Cavil's CGI mouth ranks above the wretched portrayal and performance of The Flash in that film.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

I genuinely hope all the fans that wanted it and wouldn't let go of the hashtag get something they like can can be satisfied with out of it.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

So I freely admit, I had this one wrong. I didn't think there was any chance that WB would release this cut, let alone spend additional money on it. So kudos to the fans who have been advocating for this for a couple of years now.

Here's how I ultimately look at it...people who love Zack Snyder and Batman v Superman are undeniably very excited about this, and will praise his cut of Justice League regardless. I had mixed feelings on BvS but I definitely preferred Snyder's cut versus the theatrical one, and I have no doubt that his cut of JL will be better than the choppy disaster Whedon released just based on consistency and character development alone. But I've read enough regarding what Snyder envisioned with his JL to know that A LOT of fans of these characters and DC are likely going to be unhappy with the end result. I mean, people at WB saw a rough cut of the film Snyder produced and literally panicked. I think WB has gained some momentum with the direction they've gone in post-JL (the commercial failure of Birds-of-Prey not withstanding) that going backwards like this seems like a big mistake. However, I will watch it and keep an open mind. It'll be interesting at very least.

Extraordinary Member

I'll definitely watch. Just wish it was bingeable not weekly like I'm hearing.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I'll definitely watch. Just wish it was bingeable not weekly like I'm hearing.
    How will it be weekly???It's a film.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    So I freely admit, I had this one wrong. I didn't think there was any chance that WB would release this cut, let alone spend additional money on it. So kudos to the fans who have been advocating for this for a couple of years now.

Here's how I ultimately look at it...people who love Zack Snyder and Batman v Superman are undeniably very excited about this, and will praise his cut of Justice League regardless. I had mixed feelings on BvS but I definitely preferred Snyder's cut versus the theatrical one, and I have no doubt that his cut of JL will be better than the choppy disaster Whedon released just based on consistency and character development alone. But I've read enough regarding what Snyder envisioned with his JL to know that A LOT of fans of these characters and DC are likely going to be unhappy with the end result. I mean, people at WB saw a rough cut of the film Snyder produced and literally panicked. I think WB has gained some momentum with the direction they've gone in post-JL (the commercial failure of Birds-of-Prey not withstanding) that going backwards like this seems like a big mistake. However, I will watch it and keep an open mind. It'll be interesting at very least.
    It's not exactly going backwards - not like this one thing is going to have them re-course-course correct or whatever.