Page 79 of 211 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3155

At this point, i wonder if Fisher is having some kind of mental breakdown, or if there is just nobody around him that can talk sense to him. If he had stuck to complaining about his role being reduced and hyping up the Snyder cut, he'd be fine and potentially able to reprise his role, which might result in him getting more gigs. Instead he tweeted out over-the-top accusations about Joss, and instead of walking them back (which he could've done really at any time up until he started badmouthing Hamada) he has doubled down at every opportunity. His refusal to meet with a 3rd party investigator (apparently only an investigator of his own choosing would suffice) just makes him look unreasonable.... and at the same time he STILL refuses to actually explain what Joss did that was so upsetting.

Plus at this point i suspect he is turning people off to wanting to see the snyder cut, which seems like it would be against his self-interest. Sure, die-hard snyder enthusiasts will be on board no matter what but i think anybody who was on the fence and as a result of this drama starts to think, "Boy, Ray Fisher sounds like a bitter nut job" will probably be disinclined to watch a movie where Fisher has a big role.

I do think Snyder has egged Fisher on, which is pretty lame. Its not your career that's at stake, Zack. I sure hope you plan to cast Fisher in every movie you make now because hollywood is unlikely to hire him for other parts.

I know Ray has a background in theater, i wonder if he has had problems with any of his theater directors? Didn't hear about any problems on the set of True Detective S3 but Ray only had a small part in that.

Justified or not, Ray does seem to be burning a bridge with WB. If we get more Cyborg stuff following the Snyder cut, I'm not sure Ray is going to be involved in any of that. Which is too bad because he did a pretty good job... though I can't say he's not replacable.

Astonishing Member

They should get John Boyega, he deserves another shot after Star Wars failed him. He's a wonderful actor who'd suit the DCEU.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They should get John Boyega, he deserves another shot after Star Wars failed him. He's a wonderful actor who'd suit the DCEU.
    He is. That's not a bad call. I would just rather he play anyone other than Cyborg, though, who I have always found extremely bland and is at his best as a supporting character in Teen Titans. Plus, doing him properly with CGI is clearly a big ask. The problem with Boyega is that he is a bit young to play characters like Steel or John Stewart, who strike me as older than him.

But yeah, I thought Fisher really wasn't great in the theatrical version, regardless, so I would hardly miss him in any further DCEU stuff. I'm pretty sure he's full of it and even if he isn't, he does seem to be doing his best to torch whatever is left of his career.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    I know Ray has a background in theater, i wonder if he has had problems with any of his theater directors? Didn't hear about any problems on the set of True Detective S3 but Ray only had a small part in that.
    So sad we won't get more TD but the creator is making a show called Redeemer, there's Mindhunter on Netflix and a movie called The Devil All The Time. No more TD is a big loss for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Yeah, that definately works. He's a good high profile actor. If there's more Cyborg in DC down the line and IF Ray doesn't return, he'd make for a great recast. He'd also make for a potential recast on the marvel side now that I think about it... but that's a topic for a different thread sometime in the future.

A lot emotion goes behind this role. It’s a black superhero, one of our rare opportunities to have one on the big screen. He has an opportunity to represent that character such as Chadwick Boseman in Black Panther. His impact has an opportunity to be huge, so I feel he doesn’t want any hindrances from such an opportunity. Should he have complained? I don’t know. I would’ve picked a different angle of campaigning versus complaining. Asking for the Snyder Cut was his best option and gives Fisher the chance to show his acting prowess.

Racism is another thing. Come on guys, white director, minimizing a black role? as the movie was entirely weak, so was Cyborg presence and importance.Warner Bro’s should take this situation carefully.

Cyborg in no way has the chance to be as big as Black Panther. His identity/culture isn't really tied to his race in the same way. If Ray was actually hoping to have the same impact then he always had his sights set too high.

And until Fisher actually gives specifics on what happened, we can't assume the worst. Especially since nobody else is backing up his story.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    A lot emotion goes behind this role. It’s a black superhero, one of our rare opportunities to have one on the big screen. He has an opportunity to represent that character such as Chadwick Boseman in Black Panther. His impact has an opportunity to be huge, so I feel he doesn’t want any hindrances from such an opportunity. Should he have complained? I don’t know. I would’ve picked a different angle of campaigning versus complaining. Asking for the Snyder Cut was his best option and gives Fisher the chance to show his acting prowess.

Racism is another thing. Come on guys, white director, minimizing a black role? as the movie was entirely weak, so was Cyborg presence and importance.Warner Bro’s should take this situation carefully.
    Complaining is one thing... accusing them of abuse is on a whole other level. I'm not saying he is lying mind you... and if indeed he was abused he SHOULD do more than complain about it.

But the accusation of abuse does and should have a fairly high standard to prove. It's not a term that should be thrown around thoughtlessly. For his sake, this had better be more than WB simply limiting his role in a movie. Yeah, that sucks... but that's not abuse by any reasonable standard of the term. To apply it in that manner trivializes people who legitimately are victims of it.

The reverse of that "You can't cut my scenes. I'm black!" sounds just as racist, just in a different direction.

Astonishing Member

Asking for the Snyder Cut was his best option and gives Fisher the chance to show his acting prowess.
    If the was all he wanted he got it, his complaints would have ended once WB green lit the Snyder Cut. Which was made into a mini-series! Nope, this is about burying careers. Abuse isn't a word to bring up lightly to the press, that's a career ending thing. And he's attacking anyone and everyone who's not backing him, in vague terms so we do't know whether he's misreading the conversations or they were actually threats.

Doesn't have to be about race. These things happen to everyone, short of the A-listers. This is about power behind the scenes and Fisher is a small fish in a large pond in Hollywood.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I agree that racism and microaggressions could have played a part in Fisher's encounters with Joss Whedon and Geoff Johns but Fisher hasn't shared anything of the sort, and to our knowledge nothing like that has been discovered in the investigation. Power dynamics matter in any job or office but until the public is made aware, Fisher's claims are starting to look hyperbolic and unsupported.

Also, in no way, shape or form has Cyborg ever been considered a symbol of power for black comic book readers in the way Black Panther has (even before Chadwick Boseman, rest his soul). One of Cyborg's biggest criticisms from black readers I'm aware of is that he's an emasculated black man. The character has always been used to discuss the intersectionality of Man Vs Technology, and not race or black issues. However I do think the character might have some potential with disabled (black) kids.

Also, I personally don't trust Snyder to be able to turn Cyborg into a symbol of power for black people. Especially with his hyper religious and conservative take on things.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I agree that racism and microaggressions could have played a part in Fisher's encounters with Joss Whedon and Geoff Johns but Fisher hasn't shared anything of the sort, and to our knowledge nothing like that has been discovered in the investigation. Power dynamics matter in any job or office but until the public is made aware, Fisher's claims are starting to look hyperbolic and unsupported.

Also, in no way, shape or form has Cyborg ever been considered a symbol of power for black comic book readers in the way Black Panther has (even before Chadwick Boseman, rest his soul). One of Cyborg's biggest criticisms from black readers I'm aware of is that he's an emasculated black man. The character has always been used to discuss the intersectionality of Man Vs Technology, and not race or black issues. However I do think the character might have some potential with disabled (black) kids.

Also, I personally don't trust Snyder to be able to turn Cyborg into a symbol of power for black people. Especially with his hyper religious and conservative take on things.
    It has been tried in his last solo run. Although it was more commentary on cop with bad rep and a list of issues than black commentary. If Cyborg hadn't needed Exxy, Exxy would have gotten a beat down by cops.

John Boyega has way more ammo to throw a fit on this issue than Ray. Everybody saw it while it was happening.

They should get John Boyega, he deserves another shot after Star Wars failed him. He's a wonderful actor who'd suit the DCEU
    He already shot down Static due to his age.
    Although I think he would want a better look for Cyborg.

I do think Snyder has egged Fisher on, which is pretty lame. Its not your career that's at stake, Zack. I sure hope you plan to cast Fisher in every movie you make now because hollywood is unlikely to hire him for other parts.
    If Zack is egging that on it is HIS career as well. Remember this company let go of a LOT of folks while writing a check for Justice League.
    How much of that $30 million could have kept folks working or pay a bill?

Ray despite all this can still get work as WB can't tell any other company to NOT hire him.

It would NOT be beneath Disney to snatch Ray and say here is the script for Black Goliath-have fun. Movie does well and beats Justice League's Box Office. Who got the last laugh?

Don't think they won't as they have done it twice to Fox who did it ONCE to DC-Ryan Reynolds. Michael B Jordan and Chris Evans were in what movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    You can tell from his intense loyalty to Snyder that Snyder probably plucked him out of obscurity and made him feel like a star. Once Snyder was fired, Fisher realized that he wasn’t a star and had this weird tantrum that has been continuing to this day. Aside from a secondary role in the third season of True Detective, he hasn’t worked since Justice League. For whatever reason, no one has touched him - he doesn’t even have any “upcoming” or “in pre-production” roles in his IMDB. He probably thinks his career has been sabotaged, but it’s more likely that word got around that this nobody had “script revisions” and threw a fit when they were ignored. No wonder he’s so big on Snyder, he probably thinks he’s the only director who will give him a role.
    Yeah, I doubt anyone in Hollywood hearing about this story thinks he sounds like someone worth working with.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Complaining is one thing... accusing them of abuse is on a whole other level. I'm not saying he is lying mind you... and if indeed he was abused he SHOULD do more than complain about it.

But the accusation of abuse does and should have a fairly high standard to prove. It's not a term that should be thrown around thoughtlessly. For his sake, this had better be more than WB simply limiting his role in a movie. Yeah, that sucks... but that's not abuse by any reasonable standard of the term. To apply it in that manner trivializes people who legitimately are victims of it.
    Just as abuse is terrible, wrongly accusing people of abuse is a terrible thing to do.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member