Page 104 of 211 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3155
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The scope and setting, is more reminiscent of Return of the King, though not as perfect as The Two Towers, it was still worthy to see. There is not much anyone can do when you reach high fantasy levels of non human looking characters even if you have the best VFX, I cannot see how anyone is saying this looks worse than Thanos or TMNT. The vision and cinematography is helping this a lot better.
    I really need the drugs you're taking if you can seriously spin this as anything positive.

Incredible Member

Personally I'm not too stuck on the designs as I have never really cared all that much for Snyder's costume designs as a whole. They aren't awful but more "meh" for me than awesome. And its because in the comics, the costumes were a certain way for a reason and I felt like he ignored that for the sake of it looking "cool" example would be Flash's costume, why is it metal?

Only one I liked was WW costume and I don't know if that was more Patty Jenkins than him. Dialogue and story is what the Snyder cut needs to nail. It has to be better than Whedon's version, which is a very very very low bar.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 11-21-2020 at 09:15 AM.

The scope and setting, is more reminiscent of Return of the King, though not as perfect as The Two Towers, it was still worthy to see.
    While Snyder's cut expanding into a miniseries would give him the canvas to make something with a scope that a single movie couldn't have, seems like we're kinda jumping the gun in assuming that he did it before the project is even finished and released. Even the best directors make turkeys now and then and Snyder's not exactly showing that he's learned from his past mistakes with his DC projects. Just saying.

There is not much anyone can do when you reach high fantasy levels of non human looking characters even if you have the best VFX, I cannot see how anyone is saying this looks worse than Thanos or TMNT.
    Was just an analogy. The over-designed armor is visually distracting and his face blends into the helmet, both in terms of lacking color contrast and that the face is small and doesn't seem very expressive (ironically, problems that Marvel Studios avoided with Thanos). Also, as far as non-human characters reaching a realism design plateau, Davy Jones says hi.

The vision and cinematography is helping this a lot better.
    As noted before, we'll see when the miniseries actually comes out.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    While Snyder's cut expanding into a miniseries would give him the canvas to make something with a scope that a single movie couldn't have, seems like we're kinda jumping the gun in assuming that he did it before the project is even finished and released. Even the best directors make turkeys now and then and Snyder's not exactly showing that he's learned from his past mistakes with his DC projects. Just saying.

Was just an analogy. The over-designed armor is visually distracting and his face blends into the helmet, both in terms of lacking color contrast and that the face is small and doesn't seem very expressive (ironically, problems that Marvel Studios avoided with Thanos). Also, as far as non-human characters reaching a realism design plateau, Davy Jones says hi.

As noted before, we'll see when the miniseries actually comes out.
    I compare it to Return of the King not Davy Jones from Dead's Man chest.

I compare it to Return of the King not Davy Jones from Dead's Man chest.
    Still not sure Snyder is living up to the past in that case, but what do I know?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Redemption implies Snyder thought he did something wrong with his movies in the DCEU. What's the opposite of redemption?

Batman vs Superman.
    I thought the opposite of redemption is damnation.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    That's certainly what a lot of people thought or said after watching BvS.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

BANNED

Synder does not need redemption, he never did any thing majorly wrong. This feels more like conviction for his vision.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Personally I'm not too stuck on the designs as I have never really cared all that much for Snyder's costume designs as a whole. They aren't awful but more "meh" for me than awesome. And its because in the comics, the costumes were a certain way for a reason and I felt like he ignored that for the sake of it looking "cool" example would be Flash's costume, why is it metal?
    Maybe it's ceramic or space-age polymers that can withstand friction? (I know the Speedforce negates friction in the comics, but maybe not in the Snyder-verse) Or maybe just protection when Barry runs into things.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

I am 99% certain Flash’s suit is not metal, and certainly not all metal.
    During the JL set visits, Zack apparenty had a backstory that Barry handmade his suit from old NASA scraps (from the various shuttles and what not). I’ll let you all put two and two together on that one.

Something else to note is that Zack had planned to upgrade Flash’s suit with Waynetech in a JL sequel or was going to let whoever helmed the Flash film do whatever he/she wanted with the suit. I remember him saying these things at one point.

Astonishing Member

Synder does not need redemption, he never did any thing majorly wrong. This feels more like conviction for his vision.
    I thought so too, in my opinion (and not a minority) MoS and BvS were great stories and by no means box office bombs ,so he's actually picking up where he left off.

I thought so too, in my opinion (and not a minority) MoS and BvS were great stories and by no means box office bombs ,so he's actually picking up where he left off.
    Bvs was the first Batman film I loved since 1992s Batman Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Bvs was the first Batman film I loved since 1992s Batman Returns.
    Didn't like the Nolan movies, huh?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Didn't like the Nolan movies, huh?
    Ive been a fan of nolan since The Following and Memento...

Insomnia didn't do much for me, but its well acted.

Prestige was really amazing and bale shines in unlikable rolls, think American Psycho, American Hustle, The Big Short, The Machinist... I never connect with Bale as the good guy or hero, he's just not likeable and his American accent has a phoniness that adds to his unlikable quality...

Nolan made spectacular films in Inception, Interstellar and Tenet... Dunkirk is quite good too...

For me Bale is an embarrassment as Batman... badman collegehumor hits it squarely on the head in recreating all the Bale Batman problems. Preachy, the silly growing, etc etc... Bale actually has gone on record as saying he does not like his Batman performance...

Heath Ledger's is the only character that elevated the materials... though stripped of a lot of qualities I traditionally like about the Joker... live action Jack Nicholson and Mark Hamill's animated version appeal to me more. But like I said Heath was the only aspect of Nolans trilogy that took the material into a wildly impressive force of nature performance...

All the other villians are so stripped down, scarecrow, catwoman, talia, ras, two face... totally forgettable... tom hardy does a good job with Bane but again stripped of venom and in a subpar movie...

GOTHAM and the esthetic is all bland and boring. We went from Anton furst gotham! Visionary like gigers work on aliens... or the Animated series noir brilliance... to chicago... wtf

Batman Begins bored me, I could break it down but Katie Holmes is in it and her performance some how manages to be better then bale... yikes

Tdk easily the strongest film, carried on the back of heaths career high performance...

Tdkr forgettable really... ive read knightfall while nolan services the story Im just not excited by his constant stripping down of everything... his style is styleless... which works for films like inception when the plot is so cerebral... or tenet or Memento where he's playing with time... but his batman plots were decidedly straight forward and simple and heavily over explained... burton let the audience discover things... nolan showed and then explained everything... like watching a movie while being hit with a sledge hammer

Bale and the suits... none of the nolan suits looked right.

Obviously this is all my opinion and it sucks cause Im a huge huge huge nolan fan..

Ive seen nearly all his films in theatres

He didnt get batman as I like to experience it

Im happy for everyone who loved his films.

We need variety in creative directors.

But burton is king, and zack has done an awesome job of really bring a very comic booky experience to the big screen...

Im probably being overly critical of nolans films... i was just so so so so hyped for his take....

Sucks I didn't connect with it

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Ive been a fan of nolan since The Following and Memento...

Insomnia didn't do much for me, but its well acted.

Prestige was really amazing and bale shines in unlikable rolls, think American Psycho, American Hustle, The Big Short, The Machinist... I never connect with Bale as the good guy or hero, he's just not likeable and his American accent has a phoniness that adds to his unlikable quality...

Nolan made spectacular films in Inception, Interstellar and Tenet... Dunkirk is quite good too...

For me Bale is an embarrassment as Batman... badman collegehumor hits it squarely on the head in recreating all the Bale Batman problems. Preachy, the silly growing, etc etc... Bale actually has gone on record as saying he does not like his Batman performance...

Heath Ledger's is the only character that elevated the materials... though stripped of a lot of qualities I traditionally like about the Joker... live action Jack Nicholson and Mark Hamill's animated version appeal to me more. But like I said Heath was the only aspect of Nolans trilogy that took the material into a wildly impressive force of nature performance...

All the other villians are so stripped down, scarecrow, catwoman, talia, ras, two face... totally forgettable... tom hardy does a good job with Bane but again stripped of venom and in a subpar movie...

GOTHAM and the esthetic is all bland and boring. We went from Anton furst gotham! Visionary like gigers work on aliens... or the Animated series noir brilliance... to chicago... wtf

Batman Begins bored me, I could break it down but Katie Holmes is in it and her performance some how manages to be better then bale... yikes

Tdk easily the strongest film, carried on the back of heaths career high performance...

Tdkr forgettable really... ive read knightfall while nolan services the story Im just not excited by his constant stripping down of everything... his style is styleless... which works for films like inception when the plot is so cerebral... or tenet or Memento where he's playing with time... but his batman plots were decidedly straight forward and simple and heavily over explained... burton let the audience discover things... nolan showed and then explained everything... like watching a movie while being hit with a sledge hammer

Bale and the suits... none of the nolan suits looked right.

Obviously this is all my opinion and it sucks cause Im a huge huge huge nolan fan..

Ive seen nearly all his films in theatres

He didnt get batman as I like to experience it

Im happy for everyone who loved his films.

We need variety in creative directors.

But burton is king, and zack has done an awesome job of really bring a very comic booky experience to the big screen...

Im probably being overly critical of nolans films... i was just so so so so hyped for his take....

Sucks I didn't connect with it
    Wasn't a huge fan of Bale but still liked the first 2 movies. Loved TDK cause of Ledger. I liked Batflek but ive never been more disappointed in a movie. I'm exaggerating but still was let down. I think they let Affleck down he had potential