Page 7 of 211 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Or WB panicked not because of what they saw of Snyder's cut but because BvS kind of bombed, and then when the guy who made a billion dollar Avengers movie said he wanted to change everything they said sure. So what they saw of Snyder's vision might not have mattered in context of all that.
    Batman v Superman came out 19 months before Justice League was released and 14 months before Snyder was reportedly fired from JL. If WB was panicked over the lackluster performance of BvS, then they wouldn't have waited until May the following year and after principle photography on JL was complete to fire Snyder.

From what was reported, WB was concerned over BvS but allowed Snyder to press on with JL. Then Snyder showed them a cut of JL in March or April of 2017 that was allegedly an incoherent mess, after which he was dismissed from the project under the guise that he was grieving the loss of his daughter. That's when Whedon was brought in to salvage the movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    From what was reported, WB was concerned over BvS but allowed Snyder to press on with JL. Then Snyder showed them a cut of JL in March or April of 2017 that was allegedly an incoherent mess, after which he was dismissed from the project under the guise that he was grieving the loss of his daughter. That's when Whedon was brought in to salvage the movie.
    I think that forced their hand, it wasn't possible for Snyder to direct a movie after that occurred. No director could or should be doing anything on production under those circumstances. He would have been replaced by someone like Whedon anyway, even had B vs S been a critical success. He was halfway out already when they got results back from B vs S, it just wasn't official.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I think that forced their hand, it wasn't possible for Snyder to direct a movie after that occurred. No director could or should be doing anything on production under those circumstances. He would have been replaced by someone like Whedon anyway, even had B vs S been a critical success. He was halfway out already when they got results back from B vs S, it just wasn't official.
    https://collider.com/zack-snyder-fir...league/#images

So even I was slightly mistaken, and based on the timeline presented in this article he was actually fired prior to his daughter's tragic death. But the rest of what I said holds true.

I hope this turns out to just be four hours of Rick Astley looping. It'd probably be better, anyway.

https://collider.com/zack-snyder-fir...league/#images

So even I was slightly mistaken, and based on the timeline presented in this article he was actually fired prior to his daughter's tragic death. But the rest of what I said holds true.
    The guy who spilled that "information" seems like a questionable source.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So everything he talked about will be put in, except the Darkseid tease according to the article.

Darkseid aside, here's a deleted scene I would have liked to have seen and hope its in the new cut:

"He also added that there was another deleted scene with Steppenwolf, where, after he took the Mother Box from Themyscira, he actually talks to the Box. His mother Hegra's essence is alive in the Mother Box and all three combined would give him more power and an edge over his uncle Darkseid."

It changes the nature of the family dynamics (in the comics Steppenwolf is the uncle, Darkseid the nephew). Most might see it as a convoluted reason to explain why he calls it MOTHER box, though.
    I'm glad that a segment of fandom will get the alternate version they want to see. But the very fact that the title of the article is "A Darker Justice League" indicates it is going to exhibit the very things most people expected after MoS and B v S and the very reason they did not go to see it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Well we’ve already known for a while that this is almost an entirely different movie. We also know that it heavily focuses on Cyborg. But it’s also 4 hours long and could even have additional footage spanning across 6 “episodes,” so I can’t see why every character can’t get their due spotlight in that time.

. Joss Whedon just has a problem with women and female charactersMay be an unpopular opinion but I think Zack Snyder has a really good history with female characters. Lois Lane in his movies is a great example, and she is nowhere near as good in Justice League. Actually now that I think of it in most of Zack’s movies he has very fleshed out and intricate female characters. I trust that he has a lot of respect for Diana. I think he always has. WW was everyone’s big takeaway from BvS when it first came out for a reason, Snyder introduced her in a way that would stun people.
    Wait. The creator of Buffy has a problem with female characters?
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    You're right. People are very sensitive with this subject, however, I don't think the posts here have reached that level of bad.

I think the reaction on the part of the naysayers has been pretty bad, with one poster even going so far as to accuse WB of spreading the Covid. Its clear that a lot of people have put an obscene amount of their emotional energy into the Snyder Cut never existing and they are now experiencing an existential crisis.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The guy who spilled that "information" seems like a questionable source.
    He was sourcing another credible reporter. And I can find at least half a dozen articles on a quick Google search if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    And the creator of Sucker Punch has a good history with female characters.

Batman v Superman came out 19 months before Justice League was released and 14 months before Snyder was reportedly fired from JL. If WB was panicked over the lackluster performance of BvS, then they wouldn't have waited until May the following year and after principle photography on JL was complete to fire Snyder.

Do you have sources stating this, or is it mostly rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    And the creator of Sucker Punch has a good history with female characters.
    Neither of them is perfect when it comes to that.

He was sourcing another credible reporter. And I can find at least half a dozen articles on a quick Google search if you'd like.
    The "credible reporter" is who I was calling questionable.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I've seen this before and it's for lack of a better term it's down to interpretation. There's people who praise Joss for being able to write complex female characters and put them in leadership positions in his stories. Then there's others who feel that because he frequently has bad things happening to them, he's "punishing" the female heroes for having sex, being to assertive, being gay or what have you.

Invincible Member

I'm not so sure why people think they want to see the Snyder cut so bad in the first place. Sure, you'll get a more cohesive movie, but the parts of JL that were clearly his were full of bland dreary dialogue and boring exposition, and "meh" action scenes.

I'm not an anti-Zack guy, but I doubt his version was some Citizen Kane of superhero movies.