Page 102 of 211 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3155
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    New look at Steppenwolf

90's Image called they want their monster that Savage Dragon or PItt or Maxx would knock the mess out of back.

Incredible Member

Mighty Member

Awesome for Zack Snyder that he got to see this through, his vision and all. I hope it's a hit and jump starts the DCEU again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Awesome for Zack Snyder that he got to see this through, his vision and all. I hope it's a hit and jump starts the DCEU again.
    Please no.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Except that Aquaman already did that. Regardless of our opinions, a major part of the potential audience perceives Snyder's vision as what turned them away from the DCEU. A streaming service Director's Cut that isn't even the canon version for the DCEU and a streaming version at that isn't going to help or hurt which I suspect is what the WB is most concerned about, that it won't hurt the brand under the circumstances and will bring in some money.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member

it won't help or hurt the dceu but this is not what this is about , this is zach personal journey to redeem himself.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    it won't help or hurt the dceu but this is not what this is about , this is zach personal journey to redeem himself.
    What did he do that was so bad that this was the punishment?

Have to say though, this whole thing makes for pretty good car crash television - or whatever the online movie news equivalent of that is.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It's too busy. I'll say it looks pretty, as in the CGI looks very well done. And it kind of feels like Snyder's saying 'I know the CGI in the JL movie sucked, so I'm going to make it look GREAT.'
    Except it doesn't look well done at all, never mind great. Never-mind the fact that the lighting on the armor doesn't correspond to his face making it look like someone sticking their head through one of those novelty cutouts you see at carnivals...but it's not even consistent on his armor. Unless we're supposed to think he's on some high fashion runway with 12 different light sources catching him at different angles the way his armor is catching the light males zero sense.

Is Snyder personally putting up the $70 to $80 million for this project? If not, this is not his personal journey, it is WB hoping for something to bring people to HBOMax.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Never-mind the fact that the lighting on the armor doesn't correspond to his face making it look like someone sticking their head through one of those novelty cutouts you see at carnivals...but it's not even consistent on his armor. Unless we're supposed to think he's on some high fashion runway with 12 different light sources catching him at different angles the way his armor is catching the light males zero sense.
    Are you talking about the still of Steppenwolf? The lighting looks consistently from the upper right on the whole figure, including the face.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Wait ... that's Steppenwolf? I thought it was a sequel to "The Wicker Man."

And all the people clamoring to see Snyder's "vision" should be careful about what they wish for. Are you going to start a petition to get the black and white IMAX JL? It's what Snyder would want....
    https://www.cbr.com/zack-snyder-blac...ustice-league/

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Are you talking about the still of Steppenwolf? The lighting looks consistently from the upper right on the whole figure, including the face.
    It is mostly from that direction, but there's light on lower his chest that shouldn't be there as whatever that cube is should be shading it more rather than having shine as brightly as it is...unless it's a flat object. You've also got some kind of under-lighting getting picked up by the spikes on his left side...and again on his face though the light is coming from the top right corner the shadow is much greater than how the rest of the body is shadowed which creates that weird disjointed look between the face and the body.

Honestly, it felt more like a fanvid trailer than a real one.

Just a bunch of random images along with a song which doesn't quite fit.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It's too busy. I'll say it looks pretty, as in the CGI looks very well done. And it kind of feels like Snyder's saying 'I know the CGI in the JL movie sucked, so I'm going to make it look GREAT.'
    Yeah, way too busy. Almost distracting. It's like he's trying way to hard to look like a bad @$$.