Page 103 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3155
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Clearly he’s a fan of pointy things and his armor reflects that.

He should be careful Liefeld doesn't sue for ripping off his Stryfe armor design. (which shockingly, is comparatively a lot less pointy)

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    New look at Steppenwolf

That looks like a cross between Thanos and the first Michael Bay TMNT Shredder. Joss Whedon's design was a lot better.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It is mostly from that direction, but there's light on lower his chest that shouldn't be there as whatever that cube is should be shading it more rather than having shine as brightly as it is...unless it's a flat object. You've also got some kind of under-lighting getting picked up by the spikes on his left side...and again on his face though the light is coming from the top right corner the shadow is much greater than how the rest of the body is shadowed which creates that weird disjointed look between the face and the body.
    Okay, but among the least of the problems here.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I didn't notice anything different between the two trailers. If people here didn't point out the tiny things I'd of had no clue.

That design for Steppenwolf is wtf of the highest order. I will say its lets boring then the original. But it's also not better imo. It looks ridiculous, same generic face design with metal armor that's trying to set a world record for most pointy things on one suit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    it won't help or hurt the dceu but this is not what this is about , this is zach personal journey to redeem himself.
    Redemption implies Snyder thought he did something wrong with his movies in the DCEU. What's the opposite of redemption?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher
    What did he do that was so bad that this was the punishment?
    Batman vs Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    That looks like a cross between Thanos and the first Michael Bay TMNT Shredder. Joss Whedon's design was a lot better.
    Michael Bay's version of Super Shredder

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Michael Bay's version of Super Shredder
    Suppose so.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

edited post. never mind.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-19-2020 at 02:06 AM.

Mighty Member

Yeah when I said jump start the DCEU with the JL Zack Snyder cut, I don't necessarily mean with him at the helm. I hope he's able to redeem himself with this as a director. Again I'm glad that he got to see this through. The whole #RelasetheSnyderCut movement really paid off. Good for him. The version that was in theaters was not his vision and was studio butchery. I hope he can fix Henry's CGI moustache too. But yes Aquaman was a huge hit with audiences but not as jump starting the DCEU again. I remember WB saying they wanted to do stand alone movies not long after JL was released in 2017. I'm sure they may do that, but hopefully after the Snyder cut we start to see some connective tissue again with the films.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

The new trailer just added a few bits from the DC Fabdome one, nothing else. I think it was more so just a re-release since WB/AT&T/HBO hacked the music rights to the first trailer.

Also to CTTT above, there will be zero CGI-mustache in ZSJL. It’s all going to be what Zack originally shot. Whedon’s reshoots were the sole cause for mustache-gate.

And as a faithful Snyder Cut follower, I must say I don’t care for Steppenwolf’s original design. I think it’s hideous, but it also beats the generic version Whedon gave us, but not by much. Oh well, we’ll see how it all works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Redemption implies Snyder thought he did something wrong with his movies in the DCEU. What's the opposite of redemption?
    Vindication

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Vindication
    Damnation is technically the opposite of redemption and vindication is something else, but I don't think any of those concepts apply here?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Damnation is technically the opposite of redemption and vindication is something else, but I don't think any of those concepts apply here?
    Well, yeah, because "opposite" wasn't exactly the word that Steel Inquisitor was asking about either.

Redemption is making up for something you did wrong, while vindication is getting your righteousness confirmed. I'd describe it as the inverse myself

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    90's Image called they want their monster that Savage Dragon or PItt or Maxx would knock the mess out of back.
    The scope and setting, is more reminiscent of Return of the King, though not as perfect as The Two Towers, it was still worthy to see. There is not much anyone can do when you reach high fantasy levels of non human looking characters even if you have the best VFX, I cannot see how anyone is saying this looks worse than Thanos or TMNT. The vision and cinematography is helping this a lot better.