Page 109 of 211 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3155
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Bvs and mos both had huge box office and both were in top 50 all time dvd blu ray sales...

Its silly to ignore the fact these movies have huge fan base. Thats why snyder cut is happening. Period.

But your entitled to like bop. And i got no issue with it.

And I along with massive fan base will support snyders films.

Its all good
    When the topic of BvS's box office comes up, the way the money was earned and when it made it is often ignored. I feel like people just look at the number and say "but it has a big number, that means people liked it." It made most of its money in its first weekend, largely due to the hype of Superman and Batman meeting on screen being an event and not on the merits of the film itself. It had its legs cut out from under it to the point a Melissa McCarthy movie did better one weekend, and while it made enough money to break even that's mostly all it did. That's why it has the weird reputation of being neither a flop or a hit. But the lack of repeat business indicated people weren't going to be fooled again, and they weren't with JL. Keep in mind most of the GA probably doesn't keep tabs of the behind the scenes stuff with Whedon, this was just a BvS sequel and most didn't bother to go see it.

The Snyder Cut happening is indeed unprecedented though, to the point where most of us thought hell had frozen over lol. It remains to be seen if spending $70 million on what is essentially an expensive ad campaign for HBO Max will prove to be worth it though.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    When the topic of BvS's box office comes up, the way the money was earned and when it made it is often ignored. I feel like people just look at the number and say "but it has a big number, that means people liked it." It made most of its money in its first weekend, largely due to the hype of Superman and Batman meeting on screen being an event and not on the merits of the film itself. It had its legs cut out from under it to the point a Melissa McCarthy movie did better one weekend, and while it made enough money to break even that's mostly all it did. That's why it has the weird reputation of being neither a flop or a hit. But the lack of repeat business indicated people weren't going to be fooled again, and they weren't with JL. Keep in mind most of the GA probably doesn't keep tabs of the behind the scenes stuff with Whedon, this was just a BvS sequel and most didn't bother to go see it.

The Snyder Cut happening is indeed unprecedented though, to the point where most of us thought hell had frozen over lol. It remains to be seen if spending $70 million on what is essentially an expensive ad campaign for HBO Max will prove to be worth it though.
    If it was box office alone I'd take your point.

Both mos and bvs are on the top 50DVD blu Ray sales of all time. That's double impressive in the streaming Era.

Facts are only fans buy blu rays. Yes I agree bvs isn't universally loved

But the sales speak for themselves. The fans are there.

Wb must have see something in the online stats etc to justify spending 70 million to recut jl

The bvs total blu ray sales in a digital
    Era was 52 million (I believe that is usa numbers)

Both mos and bvs are on the top 50DVD blu Ray sales of all time. That's double impressive in the streaming Era.

Wb must have see something in the online stats etc to justify spending 70 million to recut jl

Except it wasn't WB who wanted the Snyder Cut it was AT&T hoping it will bring those fans to HBOMAX and boost their numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Except it wasn't WB who wanted the Snyder Cut it was AT&T hoping it will bring those fans to HBOMAX and boost their numbers.
    Can you back that statement up?

Fact is
    Either or

Still means there is clearly a fan base. Otherwise they wouldn't spend 70mil to make it...

If so, then it remains to be seen if that crowd will tune in for the Snyder Cut, seeing as there's a fair case to be made that the failure of the theatrical Justice League was more or less a rebuke to BtS. There's also the question if the Snyder Cut can appeal outside the hardcore DC and/or Snyder fan demographics (a fanbase is not enough to make a success on its own).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    If so, then it remains to be seen if that crowd will tune in for the Snyder Cut, seeing as there's a fair case to be made that the failure of the theatrical Justice League was more or less a rebuke to BtS. There's also the question if the Snyder Cut can appeal outside the hardcore DC and/or Snyder fan demographics (a fanbase is not enough to make a success on its own).
    Yah totally..
    Though we're gonna know in less then 6 months as its already been announced that snyder cut will come at the beginning of 2021.

Frankly if a dc properties is coming out, no matter from who, i want it to be good and succeed so more dc properties get made.

Would love to start seeing smaller characters get in these films and get their own films

Yah totally..
    Though we're gonna know in less then 6 months as its already been announced that snyder cut will come at the beginning of 2021.
    Pretty fast, considering that Snyder didn't want to recycle any of Joss Whedon's footage that may have been otherwise serviceable and has been wanting to expand it beyond the original concept. All stuff which, on one hand, feels like it's defeating the purpose of the project (seeing the movie he would've made, not seeing him reinvent it into something else), but, on the other, can't say I entirely blame him for wanting to use this project to do anything and everything, since it could be his last chance to. Even before the Snyder-verse era of the DCEU formally came to an end, Snyder's plans for a two-part Justice League movie, the BvS Knightmare actually going somewhere (seriously, what is now, as far as DCEU canon goes?), etc. were being modified even before he left the project.

Frankly if a dc properties is coming out, no matter from who, i want it to be good and succeed so more dc properties get made.
    Sure. I personally think it's going to be bad (to me, I think one of the failings of BvS was that it spent so much time just setting up new movies and stuffing too much at the expense of the story it was supposed to be telling and with every announcement that Syder is adding more and more to the Snyder Cut, it feels like he's doubling down on the same mistakes), but no point in actively wanting it to be bad.

Would love to start seeing smaller characters get in these films and get their own films
    #DCEUJessicaCruzMovie #DCEUKatanaMovie !
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Pretty fast, considering that Snyder didn't want to recycle any of Joss Whedon's footage that may have been otherwise serviceable and has been wanting to expand it beyond the original concept. All stuff which, on one hand, feels like it's defeating the purpose of the project (seeing the movie he would've made, not seeing him reinvent it into something else), but, on the other, can't say I entirely blame him for wanting to use this project to do anything and everything, since it could be his last chance to. Even before the Snyder-verse era of the DCEU formally came to an end, Snyder's plans for a two-part Justice League movie, the BvS Knightmare actually going somewhere (seriously, what is now, as far as DCEU canon goes?), etc. were being modified even before he left the project.
    All the movies after Batman vs Superman are movie canon, including the upcoming ones. Suicide Squad's a question mark right now, we'll know once the sequel is released. Events in B vs S are implied to have occurred, but not how they were in Snyder's film - we know this by how Superman is in the film and he's classic Superman, a Superman who is able to have friendly chats with kids - something outside the scope of Snyder's portrayal. Man of Steel might still be canon. The Snyder Cut isn't canon.

Sure. I personally think it's going to be bad (to me, I think one of the failings of BvS was that it spent so much time just setting up new movies and stuffing too much at the expense of the story it was supposed to be telling and with every announcement that Syder is adding more and more to the Snyder Cut, it feels like he's doubling down on the same mistakes), but no point in actively wanting it to be bad.
    This is why I think it'll be bad, Snyder hasn't shown he's changed on criticism of his work and his temper tantrum over Justice League isn't encouraging.

#DCEUJessicaCruzMovie #DCEUKatanaMovie !
    God yes.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 12-12-2020 at 01:18 AM.

Wbs concluded they're investigation. All they said was remedial actions will be taken. Doesnt say against who or anything further. I know Fisher said more to come. And I think he implies Whedon stepping down is related. Still nonsense to me until they actually reveal the "Abuse".

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    All the movies after Batman vs Superman are movie canon, including the upcoming ones. Suicide Squad's a question mark right now, we'll know once the sequel is released. Events in B vs S are implied to have occurred, but not how they were in Snyder's film - we know this by how Superman is in the film and he's classic Superman, a Superman who is able to have friendly chats with kids - something outside the scope of Snyder's portrayal. Man of Steel might still be canon. The Snyder Cut isn't canon.
    Do recall that Harley Quinn mentions the events of Suicide Squad in Birds of Prey. My question mark is Wonder Woman 1984; in both BvS and Justice League, its made a big deal that Wonder Woman quit after WWI and that her suiting up to fight Doomsday is the first time she's returned, but the new movie is showing that didn't quit. Unless there's some justification, it looks like WW84 is just treating everything outside of her origin story movie as not happening (and that interesting, given that the opening of that one ties right into BvS).

Honestly, I kinda wonder if they might go the route of the X-Men and Transformers movies and just ignore and contradict the Snyder-verse movies to do whatever they want, irregardless of the lip service that its' all one thing. Heck, I could see us reaching the point where Wonder Woman will be the only thing pre-Justice League still treated as canon. They might not, but it does seem like, outside of the Snyder Cut, DC is more or less pretending that the Synder-verse never happened (I mean, the Snyder Cut was green-lit more because HBO Max needed more content and COVID-19 made it an easier project to work on then anything else).

This is why I think it'll be bad, Snyder hasn't shown he's changed on criticism of his work and his temper tantrum over Justice League isn't encouraging.
    You mean when he threw a hissy fit over the Forbes columnist writing the op-ed that the trailer was just showing the Snyder Cut to just being a different version of the same story (the whole "I make movies for adults" thing)? Yeah, while I can follow that not being held in high esteem by the internet for making certain movies doesn't feel good and he did seem to take the condemnation of the "Release the Snyder Cut" movement personally, he didn't exactly come across as someone who had a lot of faith in the project. Also seemed really weird to lash out like that, given that the columnist was hardly inflammatory (as an opinion piece in general and to the op-eds arguing that DC should never have green-lit the project in the first place) and it is true that the Snyder Cut is the same story told differently. Why so angry after getting everything you wanted?

God yes.
    Suppose a few more years of sequels before the slate is ready for anything involving new characters, though.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Do recall that Harley Quinn mentions the events of Suicide Squad in Birds of Prey. My question mark is Wonder Woman 1984; in both BvS and Justice League, its made a big deal that Wonder Woman quit after WWI and that her suiting up to fight Doomsday is the first time she's returned, but the new movie is showing that didn't quit. Unless there's some justification, it looks like WW84 is just treating everything outside of her origin story movie as not happening (and that interesting, given that the opening of that one ties right into BvS).
    It's really weird about Batman vs Superman's continuity with Wonder Woman, since Snyder should know what Patty Jenkins was doing while making that movie but she never really goes in all on exiling herself after WWI, it ends with her leaping out of frame as a super-hero to go on another adventure. 84 is just building on that, but yeah. Been too long since I saw Birds, I forgot the connection to Suicide Squad.

Honestly, I kinda wonder if they might go the route of the X-Men and Transformers movies and just ignore and contradict the Snyder-verse movies to do whatever they want, irregardless of the lip service that its' all one thing. Heck, I could see us reaching the point where Wonder Woman will be the only thing pre-Justice League still treated as canon. They might not, but it does seem like, outside of the Snyder Cut, DC is more or less pretending that the Synder-verse never happened (I mean, the Snyder Cut was green-lit more because HBO Max needed more content and COVID-19 made it an easier project to work on then anything else).
    I think the DCEU was doing that since Wonder Woman, but they completely retconned everything with Justice league, that's when I noticed it the most. Watching JL through me the first time since it was contradicting so much of B vs S. This has just gone further and further with every movie since, which I'm grateful. Wonder Woman being the last remaining canon DCEU movie from the Snyder era feels right.

You mean when he threw a hissy fit over the Forbes columnist writing the op-ed that the trailer was just showing the Snyder Cut to just being a different version of the same story (the whole "I make movies for adults" thing)? Yeah, while I can follow that not being held in high esteem by the internet for making certain movies doesn't feel good and he did seem to take the condemnation of the "Release the Snyder Cut" movement personally, he didn't exactly come across as someone who had a lot of faith in the project. Also seemed really weird to lash out like that, given that the columnist was hardly inflammatory (as an opinion piece in general and to the op-eds arguing that DC should never have green-lit the project in the first place) and it is true that the Snyder Cut is the same story told differently. Why so angry after getting everything you wanted?
    Completely forgot about the critic lol I was referencing whenever Snyder says something about Whedon's League. Wanting it burnt down, that any frame from that movie will never be in the Snyder cut and gloating about never going to watch it. It's incredibly petty. My guess is simply because he failed and other people are in the limelight in the DCEU now, he's stuck in movie jail on HBO Max. He takes things far too personally.

Suppose a few more years of sequels before the slate is ready for anything involving new characters, though.
    They could have bought Katana back in the Squad but Gunn avoided her for whatever reason. Might be for the best, since it's heavily implied he's going to kill most of the cast. I think Cruz is stuck with the Green Lantern tv show, if she's due to show up anywhere it'd be there. But who knows? Once the DCEU get over being embarrassed of Green Lantern she should be an option.

They could have bought Katana back in the Squad but Gunn avoided her for whatever reason. Might be for the best, since it's heavily implied he's going to kill most of the cast. I think Cruz is stuck with the Green Lantern tv show, if she's due to show up anywhere it'd be there. But who knows? Once the DCEU get over being embarrassed of Green Lantern she should be an option.
    The Boys

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The Boys

Once again scheduling conflicts saves a character's life, the previous one was Sif from Thor: Ragnarok - now she's rumoured to be guest starring in Loki.

I also wonder if there is a massive divide based on age and other factors. Since most opinions I hear in real life come from a middle-aged and older group, I would get the impression, from hearing opinions, that BvS was one of the worst and most unpopular movies ever done.

I really don't even like the movie and yet I bought the Bluray and watched it a second time because it's the first live action meeting of Superman and Batman regardless that I wish the first live movie meeting had been very different and dislike that we're stuck with it.

But BvS clearly has a strong following. It may not be as much as the WB wanted. But it's only a failure if you compare it to the MCU. Without that, it would be considered a great success by any previous standards.

Without the pandemic, I don't think a Snyder cut would have seen the light of day or at least the light of a grey, overcast dreary day through a grey lens (and that's joking, not sarcasm. I comprehend that it was a creative choice that worked for some and not others). But now, as one market dwindles, another, streaming, increases. It may not be as lucrative but it's there while the other (most theatres) is not there. A movie that was mostly already done can be finished for a cost that is small for a blockbuster and gain some extra profit.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ww84 could be easily explained with shifts in the continuity due to Flashpoint in the New Flashpoint movie...

In addition to the fact many projects have continuity problems
    https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a8...ontinuity-mcu/