Page 110 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's really weird about Batman vs Superman's continuity with Wonder Woman, since Snyder should know what Patty Jenkins was doing while making that movie but she never really goes in all on exiling herself after WWI, it ends with her leaping out of frame as a super-hero to go on another adventure. 84 is just building on that, but yeah.
    That ending was part of the framing device with Diana thinking about her past in the present, after Batman found and delivered her photo, so it was post-BvS and would technically fit with the Snyder-verse. So, I guess that's why I find it more interesting that WW84 seems to be going out of its way to contradict, or at least ignore the Snyder-verse, despite both being ostensibly part of the DCEU.

Been too long since I saw Birds, I forgot the connection to Suicide Squad.
    They're pretty quick. There's a throwaway joke in the police station where Harley recognizes Captain Boomerang from a wanted poster, she gives a comically abbreviated version of the events of the film when explaining to Cassandra what the latter would need to do to be like her in the supermarket scene, and when suiting up for the final battle, she finds her Suicide Squad costume in her box of effects (the box might even be intended to be the same one holding her gear in that earlier film, too). Enough that people who saw Suicide Squad can piece things together, but vague enough that they could be reinterpreted or glossed over if they ever decided that the wanted to decanonize the first Suicide Squad movie but keep Birds of Prey. (Course, for that matter, the logic that Harley could just be wandering around Gotham without Waller recapturing her does kinda makes the two movies seem really disconnected from the get go, but it is what it is).

I think the DCEU was doing that since Wonder Woman, but they completely retconned everything with Justice league, that's when I noticed it the most. Watching JL through me the first time since it was contradicting so much of B vs S. This has just gone further and further with every movie since, which I'm grateful. Wonder Woman being the last remaining canon DCEU movie from the Snyder era feels right.
    Well, to be fair, there's an Easter egg reference to the events of BvS in Shazam and it seemed like the main thing that got retconned from BvS in theatrical Justice League was Superman suddenly becoming a symbol of hope when the other movies made it clear that he was a symbol of fear and uncertainty (even if his dying to save the city caused people to decide that they'd misjudged him, it's still too fast a turn of opinion, much less the melodramatic idea that his dying caused the world to lose hope so much that the time was right for Stepenwolf).

Personally, I'm not really so much invested in the cinematic universe aspect of the DCEU that if they were to decanonize the Snyder-verse (or anything else for that matter) or make the movies so self-contained and lose in continuity that they might as well be their own things. I mean, if the stuff I like was to get scrapped from the series, I'd still enjoy them as just movies. So, while I think that indulging in the Snyder-verse was one of the DECEU's earliest mistakes (or not executing them well, if you prefer), my theorizing on the fate of the Snyder-verse is more of an intellectual exercise and curiosity on how the storytelling decisions are being handled.

Completely forgot about the critic lol I was referencing whenever Snyder says something about Whedon's League. Wanting it burnt down, that any frame from that movie will never be in the Snyder cut and gloating about never going to watch it. It's incredibly petty. My guess is simply because he failed and other people are in the limelight in the DCEU now, he's stuck in movie jail on HBO Max. He takes things far too personally.
    Yeah, I don't know he's really thinking, but he has really comes off as vindictive and self-righteous then grateful or happy to be getting the second chance. It is easy to project (I mean, I frankly think he came across as pretty entitled in the heyday of the "Release the Snyder Cut," so I am prejudging him to an extent), but still, there's always seemed to be an angry "why can't you understand why I'm so great?" attitude when it comes to people disagreeing with him (like that point where he trashed Nolan's Batman movies as being childish compared to his allegedly mature adult movies since Batman didn't get raped in prison).

I've seen well thought out arguments that Snyder is a great filmmaker and that he's not. His personal nature is certainly irrelevant to his skills in the craft, but, I don't know, between his seeming obsession with convincing people that he makes mature adult comic book movies by tearing down stuff that's not like his and his thin skin, it's not a good look and I don't really get why he's so combative. Outside of his DC work, he's seems at worst to be regarded as competent and ambitious in his projects and even his DC stuff as at least a cult following.

They could have bought Katana back in the Squad but Gunn avoided her for whatever reason. Might be for the best, since it's heavily implied he's going to kill most of the cast. I think Cruz is stuck with the Green Lantern tv show, if she's due to show up anywhere it'd be there. But who knows? Once the DCEU get over being embarrassed of Green Lantern she should be an option.
    We'll see.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What the MOS sequel should have been.

Might be cool to see Cavill go full ham as Bizarro.
    I also forgot about Grundy. I wonder how Snyder would portray him on the big screen...

Once again scheduling conflicts saves a character's life, the previous one was Sif from Thor: Ragnarok - now she's rumoured to be guest starring in Loki.
    But she is showing up in Love and Thunder so I guess she only delayed that bullet instead of dodging it

Astonishing Member

Zack Snyder's Justice League might get R-rated theatrical release

According Snyder, Bat-fleck is going to be dropping some F-bombs in his cut. Okay...
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Zack Snyder's Justice League might get R-rated theatrical release

According Snyder, Bat-fleck is going to be dropping some F-bombs in his cut. Okay...
    I hope its not R. it does not need to be. Making it R will just make the naysayers try and start more trouble. there are many films with f bombs that stayed pg. because its zack, they will likely misinterpret why he wants to drop f bombs.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Oooh... swearing... how edgy and adult.

Always nice to be reminded just how much this thing is gonna suck.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I hope its not R. it does not need to be. Making it R will just make the naysayers try and start more trouble. there are many films with f bombs that stayed pg. because its zack, they will likely misinterpret why he wants to drop f bombs.
    Seems like more then one or two pushes you into R-rated territory, for good or bad. Also, don't see why the Synder Cut being an R-rated version of a PG-13 movie would inspire outrage; we saw him convert his PG-13 version of BvS into an R-rated director's cut and no one seemed to mind the new rating, with all the discussion being centered on whether the new cut was better then the original and if was a legitimately good movie or just a bad movie made better then it was before.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

What’s to misinterpret? He’s always been kiddie-pool deep, with a decent enough eye and an edgelord teenager’s brain.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Seems like more then one or two pushes you into R-rated territory, for good or bad. Also, don't see why the Synder Cut being an R-rated version of a PG-13 movie would inspire outrage; we saw him convert his PG-13 version of BvS into an R-rated director's cut and no one seemed to mind the new rating, with all the discussion being centered on whether the new cut was better then the original and if was a legitimately good movie or just a bad movie made better then it was before.
    The general rule If you have more than one F bomb, your movie instantly gets rated R, Hamilton literally had to give up two f*cks so it could be rated PG13 on Disney+. Now they are couple of movies with 2 f*cks in them Dunkirk,Knives out, Social Network,The Martian,etc. As far I can tell content/audience of your movie and how you use the f bomb meaning if you use it sexual that is bigger ding but there isn't an exact science to it over the years. So my guess If your movie likely be seen by kids as large part of your audience then you only get one F-bomb, If movie has more adult intend audience and you are using it non sexually you can get an extra f*ck.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-15-2020 at 02:22 AM.

There's not a set in stone rule about it because even with two explicit words, the film still can be given a PG-13 rating if the people rating it vote to give it a PG-13.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The general rule If you have more than one F bomb, your movie instantly gets rated R, Hamilton literally had to give up two f*cks so it could be rated PG13 on Disney+. Now they are couple of movies with 2 f*cks in them Dunkirk,Knives out, Social Network,The Martian,etc. As far I can tell content/audience of your movie and how you use the f bomb meaning if you use it sexual that is bigger ding but there isn't an exact science to it over the years. So my guess If your movie likely be seen by kids as large part of your audience then you only get one F-bomb, If movie has more adult intend audience and you are using it non sexually you can get an extra f*ck.
    That's kinda nuts.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    What’s to misinterpret? He’s always been kiddie-pool deep, with a decent enough eye and an edgelord teenager’s brain.
    Huh? I read this more as MCU insecurity projection on a Snyder movie.

Snyder was always a more darker guy long before he made DC films.

Maybe it depends on the studio to decide what pushes you to R territory. Xavier and Wolverine dropped F bombs in First Class and DOFP and they stayed PG.

The reason I don't want R is because it was never planned for R. I want WB to learn from Birds of Prey. WB can already do R if they want to, they don't need to artificially start inserting it to any other film that was intended pg from the scratch.

Maybe it depends on the studio to decide what pushes you to R territory. Xavier and Wolverine dropped F bombs in First Class and DOFP and they stayed PG.

The reason I don't want R is because it was never planned for R. I want WB to learn from Birds of Prey. WB can already do R if they want to, they don't need to artificially start inserting it to any other film that was intended pg from the scratch.
    His 1st film is my favorite of his Dawn of the Dead yet it's nowhere near as good as the original Romero Dawn of the Dead. Snyder's was style will little depth a common theme in his career.

What does the MCU have to fear from Snyder? They've made an incredibly successful series (both critically and financially). The Snyderverse exists because DC wanted to play catch up with with them.

Besides, one need not compare Snyder's work to the MCU to make the case that he makes bad DC movies. I mean, I personally think his DC movies are pretty shallow compared to stuff like Nolan's Batman movies and the poor story structure speaks for itself.

The theatrical cuts have one apiece, which is generally considered to be within PG-13 limits.

Birds of Prey was designed to be R from the get go (whether it needed to be or not can be debated), so not a good analogy. As far as whether they Snyder Cut needs to be R, that depends on what Snyder's vision is, but seeing as I'm one of those people who thinks that he's ill-suited to these characters, I'm probably not the person to ask.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

What does the MCU have to fear from Snyder? They've made an incredibly successful series (both critically and financially). The Snyderverse exists because DC wanted to play catch up with with them.

Besides, one need not compare Snyder's work to the MCU to make the case that he makes bad DC movies. I
    Because the ''superficial criticism'' of kiddie pool comes for themovie debate, some on the MCU side who are automatically not fans of Snyder for that reason seem to be trying to own the kiddie pool thing of marvel movies but I don't think it is working because both marvel and DC equally have stories that go beyond kiddie-pool stories, the only difference is DC can embrace that in their movies even if it means they have to rate it R.

mean, I personally think his DC movies are pretty shallow compared to stuff like Nolan's Batman movies and the poor story structure speaks for itself.
    So you think DC movies are shallow after telling me countless times that MCU has depth . You think DC has poor story structure but you also think Black Panther is Shakespeare.

The theatrical cuts have one apiece, which is generally considered to be within PG-13 limits.
    Dropping F bombs multiple times still should not get you R. DOFP had nudity and strong sexual references. It stayed PG.

Birds of Prey was designed to be R from the get go (whether it needed to be or not can be debated), so not a good analogy. As far as whether they Snyder Cut needs to be R, that depends on what Snyder's vision is, but seeing as I'm one of those people who thinks that he's ill-suited to these characters, I'm probably not the person to ask.
    Birds of Prey was not meant to be R from the get go. it was a second last minute decision. Importantly it proved to be unnecessary. The movie suffered financially for that error.