Page 111 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Huh? I read this more as MCU insecurity projection on a Snyder movie.

Snyder was always a more darker guy long before he made DC films.
    Of course you do, you’re constantly thinking about the mcu. And yes, he was always an edgelord even before the dc movies.

Because the ''superficial criticism'' of kiddie pool comes for themovie debate, some on the MCU side who are automatically not fans of Snyder for that reason seem to be trying to own the kiddie pool thing of marvel movies but I don't think it is working because both marvel and DC equally have stories that go beyond kiddie-pool stories, the only difference is DC can embrace that in their movies even if it means they have to rate it R.
    Seems to me that the DCEU's problems are less about not being afraid to not be "kiddie," but in the execution. The Dark Knight trilogy and Logan were anything but kiddie and people loved them.

So you think DC movies are shallow after telling me countless times that MCU has depth . You think DC has poor story structure but you also think Black Panther is Shakespeare.
    Since I was pretty clear, I can only assume you are misreading on purpose; what I said was that the movies Snyder made using DC characters were badly made. Nowhere did I say that DC movies are inherently bad. In fact, I pointed to the very DC Dark Knight trilogy as an example good filmmaking in the style that Snyder clearly wants to make films in. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Wonder Woman, and Birds of Prey also qualify, I think as being well-made superhero movies that are above average in terms of craftsmanship and having something of substance in them beyond the razzle-dazzle.

Now, does the MCU have movies with depth? Certainly. Guardians of the Galaxy readily comes to mind. Winter Solider feels more and more relevant as time goes on (with a good plot). It's all case by case. Certainly not all of them have depth, as we would define it (e.g. Thor: Ragnarok). One thing we should clear up is that being a deep movie (or trying to be deep, in the case of the Snyderverse) does not automatically make a movie good or vice versa (see the original Avengers, a good film that is neither deep nor striving for that). As far as Black Panther goes, it had a well-written (and acted) villain, a thought-provoking plot, and an effective story arc for its lead. It may not have been Oscar-worthy and there are plenty of superhero movies I think were objectively better (Logan, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, to name a couple recent ones), but as far as depth and story structure goes, it was far better then BvS was on all fronts.

(By the way, I minored in writing in college and that was one of my stronger subjects. Not claiming to be a pro, but when I say that BvS, or anything else, was badly written and Black Panther or whatever, was well-written, I actually know a bit about what I'm talking about, due to being more then just an internet rando saying stuff they have no practical experience in.)

Dropping F bombs multiple times still should not get you R. DOFP had nudity and strong sexual references. It stayed PG.
    PG-13, actually, and I think there is a case that use of certain foul language getting an R while extreme violence doesn't (compare Kings Speech with Lord of the Rings) is mind-boggling. However, it is what it is, and frankly, I don't really like hearing the F-bomb again and again onscreen, anyways.

Birds of Prey was not meant to be R from the get go. it was a second last minute decision.
    "Margot [Robbie] had pitched it as an R-rated movie, and that was, I think, before she even knew about Deadpool. This was many, many, many years ago, and certainly before the success of Deadpool. She always wanted it that way, and we kind of leaned into it. I loved it." - Cathy Yan, director of Birds of Prey

So, who am I to believe: internet rando with no sources, or one of the people who made the movie? Decisions, decisions...

Importantly it proved to be unnecessary. The movie suffered financially for that error.
    Maybe. Except for the "I'm Harley [bleep]-ing Quinn" line and Harley rattling off the things she should be called instead of "chick," I'm not sure the foul language really added anything to the movie. Not sure on the violence, seeing as it sometimes worked and other times just seemed over the top for the sake of being over the top. I guess I think it could've been retooled into a PG-13 without much being lost, but stuff like the Black Mask having the woman take her dress off and the bit where the people who try to kidnap a drunk Harley clearly have awful plans for her probably would've had to be cut even if nothing explicit is said or shown just because of how disturbing the concepts are. Stuff like that is critical to the film's identity and themes r.e. feminism and male abuse of power and what not.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

I hope its not R. it does not need to be. Making it R will just make the naysayers try and start more trouble. there are many films with f bombs that stayed pg. because its zack, they will likely misinterpret why he wants to drop f bombs.
    NAME THEM

Because the only movie I found that kept a PG rating had the S word said at least 2 times and the word was SHOWN on screen.

One time by a black kid and another time by a Russian captain.

That movie-1987 Russkies.

Naysayers don't have to cause trouble-it's not them who wrote a $150 million (so far) check to a movie that under performed because entitlement fans could not move on.

Who could NOT accept a movie with Batman, Superman & Wonder Woman could get its behind HANDED to it by Marvel's trash and Deadpool and Aquaman & Wonder Woman.

While its parent company was laying off folks and now HOPE that film will make up for a debt it's caused.

Naysayers are see a director so DESPERATE for attention that we have to have Superman or Batman cuss. Because that is really going to show Marvel. To get a hit movie you need to cuss for 2 hours. And try to save Ray Fisher's career and make a Cyborg movie that no one is interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NAME THEM

Because the only movie I found that kept a PG rating had the S word said at least 2 times and the word was SHOWN on screen.

One time by a black kid and another time by a Russian captain.

That movie-1987 Russkies.

Naysayers don't have to cause trouble-it's not them who wrote a $150 million (so far) check to a movie that under performed because entitlement fans could not move on.

Who could NOT accept a movie with Batman, Superman & Wonder Woman could get its behind HANDED to it by Marvel's trash and Deadpool and Aquaman & Wonder Woman.

While its parent company was laying off folks and now HOPE that film will make up for a debt it's caused.

Naysayers are see a director so DESPERATE for attention that we have to have Superman or Batman cuss. Because that is really going to show Marvel. To get a hit movie you need to cuss for 2 hours. And try to save Ray Fisher's career and make a Cyborg movie that no one is interested in.
    He clearly meant PG-13. Not that agree with anything else he says. Its a typo

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post

And can anyone explain how birds of prey gets a 78% rotten tomatoes score. And bvs gets 28%??
    It is not really difficult to understand, but I am not sure you will like the answer.

Astonishing Member

It would be nice to have the movie be released on the five year anniversary of BvS on March 25th 2021.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

And can anyone explain how birds of prey gets a 78% rotten tomatoes score. And bvs gets 28%??
    People liked Birds of Prey.
    They thought BvS sucked on ice.
    That's your explanation.

If you don't feel that way, that's fine, but you can't say the majority of people didn't feel that way when they obviously did.

Wondering if anyone has seen the 3 hour BvS Uncut on HBOMax. Is it worth the time. (I did not hate BvS)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Wondering if anyone has seen the 3 hour BvS Uncut on HBOMax. Is it worth the time. (I did not hate BvS)
    It's fixes a few plot holes from the theatrical cut, apparently (only saw the extended cut), but it's still as bad as the original version. If you thought the movie was okay, you might like seeing it, but if if didn't like the movie at all, it's just more of the same.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Very much worth the time. It's amazing how just straight up "good" the movie is, as a whole work. There's so many great bits and rad establishing shots that were just chopped out of the movie.

I really didn't like BvS before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Very much worth the time. It's amazing how just straight up "good" the movie is, as a whole work. There's so many great bits and rad establishing shots that were just chopped out of the movie.

I really didn't like BvS before
    BvS works better on constant rewatch. The first cinema experience may have been too much to taken in but it works better on rewatch

BvS works better on constant rewatch. The first cinema experience may have been too much to taken in but it works better on rewatch
    How so?

10char
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

If it's the same as the Director's cut on blu-ray it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    If it's the same as the Director's cut on blu-ray it's worth it.
    Wasn't there only one director's cut made?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)