Page 112 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3155

BvS works better on constant rewatch. The first cinema experience may have been too much to taken in but it works better on rewatch
    Maybe it does work better on a rewatch.

Maybe by that point, the shock of how horrible it is has worn off and your not surprised anymore by how bad it is.

I'll take your word that it's better on the re-watch because I have no desire to ever watch that movie a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    BvS works better on constant rewatch. The first cinema experience may have been too much to taken in but it works better on rewatch
    I rewatched it once. It isn't better and a regular rewatch would be unthinkable.

Now, that doesn't make it bad. I saw "Million Dollar Baby" thinking it was going to be basically a female Rocky movie. Once it was over, I was glad I saw it but I never would have watched it had I known what it was going to be like and I'll never watch it again. Way too depressing. Same with BvS. Knowing what it's going to be doesn't make it better. Well, maybe if I watched it so many times I was numb to it. I guess I could build up a tolerance.

But it was no MDB. It didn't get a pass for being depressing but great.

The problems abound. Zack likes dark movies and Superman just doesn't fit that. Throw in a Lex Luthor played by an actor so annoying you want to send him to his room rather than hate him adds another problem.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 12-23-2020 at 07:58 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

Yet another Zack Snyder interview with Grace Randolph(how does she keep scoring one of these?).

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Maybe it does work better on a rewatch.

Maybe by that point, the shock of how horrible it is has worn off and your not surprised anymore by how bad it is.

I'll take your word that it's better on the re-watch because I have no desire to ever watch that movie a second time.
    Nah I watched it a second time and it got dumber.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Nah I watched it a second time and it got dumber.
    You only saw it twice? Your brain is much too simple to take in such a cinematic masterpiece. You must rewatch constantly. CONSTANTLY!

vr9Boww.jpg

Ultimate Member

I tried to watch BvS a number of times but the movie is really terrible. BvS is one of those movies that get worse with multiple re-watches. The characters motivations are dumb, boring (a cinematic sin) and contrived, the movie is dull outside of the warehouse scene, the atmosphere of the film is far too mean and the film is just downright illogical in many places. The movie comes across like it was written by an teenager that’s angry at “the world”! and by extension that superheroes are too cheery. It’s edge lord at it’s worse.

BvS is a total failure IMO and it deserves every single bit of flak directed towards it.

I could only muster a full re-watch when the extended edition was released. It was a minor improvement that cleared up some of the glaring storytelling gaps but when a movie fails on a conceptual level, an extended cut can’t really save it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Yet another Zack Snyder interview with Grace Randolph(how does she keep scoring one of these?).

It helps when you call Batman v. Superman "Kubrickean."

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    It helps when you call Batman v. Superman "Kubrickean."
    "Kubrickean" A little part of my soul died reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    "Kubrickean" A little part of my soul died reading that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgVbxPpTHWc

She says it about 8:45.

Extraordinary Member

As far as BvS you basically just have to accept that Bruce is post Jason Todd death Bruce who is already extremely brutal and cynical and Superman is festering his Bat-dick paranoia

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    As far as BvS you basically just have to accept that Bruce is post Jason Todd death Bruce who is already extremely brutal and cynical and Superman is festering his Bat-dick paranoia
    Post Dick Grayson. Snyder confirmed Dick was the Robin that was killed. Interestingly, he was going to keep Dick the only Robin, skipping Jason, Todd, and Damian and going straight to...Carrie.

You're not wrong in how you're "supposed" to view BvS, its just...it was always Dick apparently. My opinion on the man has softened a bit (still think he should solely produce these DC movies with anyone other than himself directing), but I disagree with him here. I guess the fanboy in me always wanted to see Nightwing on the big screen and Tim as Robin at some point.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I still dont understand how exactly Robin was supposed to non lethally wield a fucking full halberd into combat

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I guess the fanboy in me always wanted to see Nightwing on the big screen and Tim as Robin at some point.
    That's always the thing when an adaptation doesn't quite mesh with what you wanted to see them do. As much as I liked the reimagining of Cassandra Cain in Birds of Prey and Mary Jane in the MCU Spider-Man movies in and of themselves, I won't deny that I was really hoping to see the original versions of those characters from the comics brought to life, and that's not likely to happen any time soon. Still, at least with the Robins, given DC's set up to do one offs and experimental stuff, maybe they will do a Nightwing project if everything lines up right.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I still dont understand how exactly Robin was supposed to non lethally wield a fucking full halberd into combat
    Lol my brother said that when we watched the movie the first time. I thought it was just a bow staff with a hook on it to function like Batmans bracers.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-26-2020 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    So the next question is, why does she hate Kubrick?

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    And that at some point, Lex Luthor was secretly replaced by the Jim Carrey version of Riddler who's constantly hyped on on sugar, caffine, and possibly cocaine.