Page 118 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 3155
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea I don't think it's really an issue. People who want to watch both will. The coverage for both will be the same as it would have been.

Are they doing anything marketing wise to explain the Snydercut to people? I honestly don't think the average joe has any awareness of what it is. It's just a fandom thing. Normal people are gonna see the movie but with different cover art and Zachs name on it.. Whats gonna make them think this ain't the movie they already watched or just a 4hr extended version of a movie they already watched?
    I briefly came in on some guys on the sports radio station I have on in my car for background noise talk about the Snyder Cut before they changed the subject. But I don't know if they are nerds like us who keep track of this stuff on the side. Also, they were laughing as they mentioned it, so I'm not sure how positive their anticipation is.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea I don't think it's really an issue. People who want to watch both will. The coverage for both will be the same as it would have been.

Are they doing anything marketing wise to explain the Snydercut to people? I honestly don't think the average joe has any awareness of what it is. It's just a fandom thing. Normal people are gonna see the movie but with different cover art and Zachs name on it.. Whats gonna make them think this ain't the movie they already watched or just a 4hr extended version of a movie they already watched?
    NO.

Average Joe wasn't asking for it.

They can say here is the extend version based on the director's original plans and be done with it.

The toxic mess that got this made will get a bigger scope if you try to market it. That includes Ray Fisher and all the folks who got attacked for not having interest in it or whatever. And no amount of charity donations is going to hide that.

Just put it out there and hope for the best. Get it over with and be ready for any negative press.

IMHO, best case scenario is if the Synder Cut gets the reception that the BvS extended cut got*; a chance to see the director's intentions and an improvement over the original. However, it is worth noting that even the BvS extended cut is still considered a bad movie in and of itself, just a better alternative to how it was before. Between Snyder embracing his full Snyder-ness and the unrealistic hype among those who most want it (only Trekkies and Browncoats can claim the same kind of "we did this" legend as the Snyder Cut cult -- and bear in mind that only the Trekkies saw true long-term success). That's not counting how many not in the know or inherently curious about directors' cuts will want to see a remix of a movie they already saw and may or may not have liked.

Or, to put it another way, does the cult truly want the Snyder Cut (I mean, the real thing, not the idea of it that we've been operating on since day one)?

*and funny thing about that cut was how Wonder Woman was the focus of the cover art, not really the main plot or the extra footage.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    IMHO, best case scenario is if the Synder Cut gets the reception that the BvS extended cut got*; a chance to see the director's intentions and an improvement over the original. However, it is worth noting that even the BvS extended cut is still considered a bad movie in and of itself, just a better alternative to how it was before. Between Snyder embracing his full Snyder-ness and the unrealistic hype among those who most want it (only Trekkies and Browncoats can claim the same kind of "we did this" legend as the Snyder Cut cult -- and bear in mind that only the Trekkies saw true long-term success). That's not counting how many not in the know or inherently curious about directors' cuts will want to see a remix of a movie they already saw and may or may not have liked.

Or, to put it another way, does the cult truly want the Snyder Cut (I mean, the real thing, not the idea of it that we've been operating on since day one)?

*and funny thing about that cut was how Wonder Woman was the focus of the cover art, not really the main plot or the extra footage.
    Ultimately, what they want is vindication. They’ve gone all in on the Zack Snyder method of superhero movies, and their insecurity about it requires outside acknowledgement. They need confirmation that “Snyder’s vision” is superior to not only the Justice League movie that was released, but to the Marvel movies they love to bring up in discussions not about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Ultimately, what they want is vindication. They’ve gone all in on the Zack Snyder method of superhero movies, and their insecurity about it requires outside acknowledgement. They need confirmation that “Snyder’s vision” is superior to not only the Justice League movie that was released, but to the Marvel movies they love to bring up in discussions not about them.
    Good luck with that. Kinda wonder where the faithful will go when they realize that WB wasn't joking when they said that the Snyder Cut is a one-off deal with no future either onto itself or the DECU as a whole.

Have to say, though, that comparing Snyder to Nolan's Batman movies would seem to be a more logical consideration, seeing as that's the kind of superhero movie that Snyder wanted to make (whether he succeeded or not can be debated).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Ultimately, what they want is vindication. They’ve gone all in on the Zack Snyder method of superhero movies, and their insecurity about it requires outside acknowledgement.
    What we don't want anymore is vindication. honestly many of us are over the vindication subject after wonder woman 1984. it was joss whedon's justice league that was looking for vindication

They need confirmation that “Snyder’s vision” is superior to not only the Justice League movie that was released, but to the Marvel movies they love to bring up in discussions not about them.
    All what BvS cut has to do is to recreate the magic of Watchmen, there would not be a topic any more about marvel or joss whedon's justice league movie.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-01-2021 at 03:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    What we don't want anymore is vindication. honestly many of us are over the vindication subject after wonder woman 1984. it was joss whedon's justice league that was looking for vindication

All what BvS cut has to do is to recreate the magic of Watchmen, there would not be a topic any more about marvel or joss whedon's justice league movie.
    Well, there certainly wouldn't be a topic about who's is more entertaining. Seriously, if Watchmen is the yardstick, that's a pretty low hurdle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Well, there certainly wouldn't be a topic about who's is more entertaining. Seriously, if Watchmen is the yardstick, that's a pretty low hurdle.
    Watchmen is one of the individually best done artistic movies about comic book movies that has never been truly recreated again.

Watchmen's hurdle is actually quite high because it leaps beyond the ''superhero movies are good fun nothing else'' topic.

BANNED

Watchmen is one of the individually best done artistic movies about comic book movies that has never been truly recreated again.

Watchmen's hurdle is actually quite high because it leaps beyond the ''superhero movies are good fun nothing else'' topic.
    I'm sure that sounds to you like a ringing endorsement...but it's not. It's a good, overly-long and poorly edited movie with largely talentless actors (a few exceptions) that clung too closely to mediocre, wordy source material. The fans of have one great criticism...that it broke with the comic to make a logical ending (as much a possible given the general direction of the movie) rather than the idiot one in the book.

Holding this movie up as the standard-bearer explains much about attitudes toward the MCU.

True enough about not being recreated; we've evolved beyond Snyder:

(All-New Wolverine #4)

Whedon's Justice League cut was most definitely not looking for vindication, it was looking for redemption. Redemption is when you admit you did something wrong and are trying to prove that you know better and won't replicate your mistakes. Vindication is when you don't admit you made a mistake but instead get others to say they judged you too harshly.

So it needs to vindicate both BvS AND Watchmen? That's a heavy burden to place on a 4-5 hour movie

Astonishing Member

New look at Jared Leto as the Clown Prince Of Crime in the film courtesy of Zack Snyder himself.

Curious how Jared Leto’s performance will fare under the direction of Snyder vs how it was under Ayer’s.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Good luck with that. Kinda wonder where the faithful will go when they realize that WB wasn't joking when they said that the Snyder Cut is a one-off deal with no future either onto itself or the DECU as a whole.
    If this proves successful that can easily change. DCEU at currently is directionless. It can switch gears at any moment.

I found Leto's Joker creepy and loathsome. He had no charisma and I didn't feel any reason for Harley's devotion.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I found Leto's Joker creepy and loathsome. He had no charisma and I didn't feel any reason for Harley's devotion.
    And the Joker is meant to be creepy and loathsome, but ideally he should also be charismatic, entertaining and (darkly) funny. In part to explain how Harley could be seduced by him, but also to be enjoyable as a villain. Not someone you root for, but someone you enjoy in a villainous capacity for the ride before he gets his well deserved comeuppance.

Leto's was just boring and gross. Maybe his natural unappealing creepiness coming through in his performance in the worst way?