Page 122 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 3155
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    F-Bombs and hacking purple. So glad to see this puts it on the same level as slacker flicks. So adult and mature!
    Nope it doesnt.

Wolverine did drop one f bomb in first class and magneto sliced off people's brains. that movie still stayed pg 13, the adult and maturity of first class also comes from the plot of the film and still...a pg 13 rating, if fox really wanted to have made that R, it would have been very easy to do that but they didn't.

the same here can apply to dawn of justice cut, if you are actually going to have a war movie with Darkseid, and want to portray a more realistic kind of violence to reflect the war. Your r rating could be very much earned. Snyder does have good r rating records with 300 and watchmen, no doubt this is what he wanted.

I am just happy, I called it about r rating, I remember when people thought I was crazy when I said r rating varies with each movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    More on the R Rating, am glad we have this in details because I once tried to explain how r rating works on deadpool/xmen film forums. good to see what I thought is confirmed.

https://collider.com/zack-snyders-ju...hbo-max-movie/
    "Here's one piece of information nobody knows: The movie is insane and so epic and is probably rated R — that's one thing I think will happen, that it will be an R-rated version, for sure. We haven't heard from the MPAA, but that's my gut. [...] There's one scene where Batman drops an F-bomb. Cyborg is not too happy with what's going on with his life before he meets the Justice League, and he tends to speak his mind. And Steppenwolf is pretty much just hacking people in half. So [the rating would be due to] violence and profanity, probably both."

As I once said about wolverine just because you drop one f bomb and act in a profane manner, slice people does not mean you will get or not get r rating. the r rating is a lot grayer than that and many studios can take or not take advantage of some of the loops.

Looks like MPAA and the HBO Max folks agreed with what I was saying all along about r rating.
    This doesn't say what you seem to think it does. It says the exact opposite, in fact.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    F-Bombs and hacking people. So glad to see this puts it on the same level as slasher flicks. So adult and mature!
    Oddly, some slasher villains like Freddy Krueger can be very fun and entertaining, likely more so than this will be.

Why do we care if the movie is R? At the end of the day, all that matters is if the final product is well-executed.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Anyone that's had deleted posts; watch yourselves. If you make me delete more I shall be getting rid of the problems at the source. (hint: you).
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Why do we care if the movie is R? At the end of the day, all that matters is if the final product is well-executed.
    Exactly.

It's just a function of the movie being good.

The film's rating doesn't determine quality.

Being that this will be mostly watched streaming on TV and not in the theaters. It will not matter.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Being that this will be mostly watched streaming on TV and not in the theaters. It will not matter.
    Very true.

James Gunn made a long post about how WBs was great to work with. let him make whatever creative choices he wants. Must be nice to be a director the studio has faith in.

I think an R-rated Justice League film is questionable to begin with. It could hypothetically be done though. I just suspect the main reasons for this rating (the violence/gore and swearing) are gonna stick out as being gratuitous. And I imagine there are a few "Saturday Morning cartoons" that can get similar ideas across without indulging in such things.

It's weird because the 80s and early 90s had action movies like Aliens, Terminator/T2, Predator, Die Hard, etc that had some marketing towards kids and were seen by a lot of kids/teens despite being rated R. And were extremely popular. But they key element for all of this is that they are a blast to watch and are very well executed. 4 hours of R-rated superhero content by Snyder I suspect won't be in the same wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think an R-rated Justice League film is questionable to begin with. It could hypothetically be done though. I just suspect the main reasons for this rating (the violence/gore and swearing) are gonna stick out as being gratuitous. And I imagine there are a few "Saturday Morning cartoons" that can get similar ideas across without indulging in such things.

It's weird because the 80s and early 90s had action movies like Aliens, Terminator/T2, Predator, Die Hard, etc that had some marketing towards kids and were seen by a lot of kids/teens despite being rated R. And were extremely popular. But they key element for all of this is that they are a blast to watch and are very well executed. 4 hours of R-rated superhero content by Snyder I suspect won't be in the same wheelhouse.
    Guess we'll have to see if Snyder makes something that needs the rating or if it's just a PG-13 movie with gratuitous stuff just to seem "mature." Seeing how laborious (and joyless) his last DC director's cut was, I'm not holding out much hope that he'll deliver with good pacing now, but it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with and what the reaction is anyways.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol this sucks cause I like Zach Snyder. The only films of his I didn't like were BvS and Sucker Punch. I atleast liked or even loved a couple of his films. But bruh has the emotional maturity of a child. Dude talking about he can make lists and calling people haters and sour grapes. He's shown himself multiple times to be petty and completely refuses to call out the toxic side of his fandom. Him saying the "Haters" are sour grapes is like the kettle calling the pot black. His vision was rejected by critics,audiences, and his studio. I'm happy for the people who wanted the Snyder cut, because why not. Let him finish a film he started. But it really only happened because At&T wanted to buy some attention for HBO max. Hamada came out and called it a story telling dead end. Why? That seems like shooting yourself in your foot right before the release. But they thought it was more important people know this isn't leading anywhere.
    Wow, it seems Zack really believed the hype of his very devoted fans that he is a genius director... I don't think he is. He has some great ideas and is great with visuals, but he lacks in the storytelling and character development. If he thinks his movies are just misunderstood masterpieces and people who don't get it are just living in a dream world, well.. I don't know what to say.

Good luck with the Snyder cut.. it's going to be fun seeing the reaction. I really think it's going to be BvS on steroids. I really like Man of Steel, though I have some gripes with it. I also really like 300 and find King Leonidas death more moving than Superman's.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-06-2021 at 12:07 PM.

BANNED

Guess we'll have to see if Snyder makes something that needs the rating or if it's just a PG-13 movie with gratuitous stuff just to seem "mature." Seeing how laborious (and joyless) his last DC director's cut was, I'm not holding out much hope that he'll deliver with good pacing now, but it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with and what the reaction is anyways.
    Snyder's record on R Rating is very good Also BvS was hardly joyless. The movie only feels joyless compared to the bright fun of MCU, next to TDK, TDKR, it just another comic book movie that had more realism than the rest. Dawn of Justice and X2 roughly have the same ending. I don't remember people calling that film joyless 18 years ago, maybe sombre but not joyless.

I must say that when I saw T2 for the first time as Kid, I was shakened, I would have assumed now that it was rated R, which just goes to show the line is very thin.

In the end I don't think it will stick out as gratuitous, why would it be? How is violence, gore and swearing any different form other comic movies ( both R and PG) that had them ? however I get it, this Snyder so anything he tries to do would get a spin narrative.
    Last edited by Castle; 02-06-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I must say that when I saw T2 for the first time as Kid, I was shakened, I would have assumed now that it was rated R, which just goes to show the line is very thin.

In the end I don't think it will stick out as gratuitous, why would it be? How is violence, gore and swearing any different form other comic movies ( both R and PG) that had them ? however I get it, this Snyder so anything he tries to do would get a spin narrative.
    The PG-13 ones generally don't have enough violence/gore or swearing in them to warrant a stronger rating and they do their jobs of exciting audiences just fine, so they didn't need it. Rated R ones so far like Deadpool, Logan or Joker are telling stories about more adult oriented characters to begin with, not the brightly colored characters of the JL who were designed to appeal to kids. Hearing Batman say "fuck" is something that would excite a teenager because swearing is cool and forbidden to them; it barely phases or shocks adults.

He opens himself up to this by saying his movies aren't Saturday morning cartoons, yet actual Saturday morning cartoons like BTAS, JL/U, Young Justice or Spectacular Spider-Man have much better grasps of story telling, characterizations and themes than his movies do. They do it without excessive violence and swearing (at least the first couple seasons of YJ). They're just good stories that broadly appeal to both kids and adults.

And I know some of the violence with Steppenwolf and his axe will mostly likely involve some Amazons, and screw that noise.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 02-06-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Ultimate Member

It's weird because the 80s and early 90s had action movies like Aliens, Terminator/T2, Predator, Die Hard,
    etc that had some marketing towards kids and were seen by a lot of kids/teens despite being rated R. And were extremely popular. But they key element for all of this is that they are a blast to watch and are very well executed. 4 hours of R-rated superhero content by Snyder I suspect won't be in the same wheelhouse.
    Rambo was a CARTOON SERIES at one point. I still have Rambo and his jeep toys in my garage.

Predator and Aliens had toys back then and NOW in stores.

I am still trying to figure out why Alien has toys out at random-without anyone from the movies in the them aside from that dog from Alien 3.

Transformers the movie (1986) did 2 versions of the trailers. One omitting does Prime die. Mind you those ads all ran during the same shows.

Lets not forget Star Blazers who unlike Gatchman showed death. To a point-they had a funeral in one episode and another pouring water (liquor) on dead comrades helmets.

Robotech says HI too. Southern Cross even EDITED saw dead bodies.

GI Joe dealt with death as it wrote off 3 characters who stayed in an alternate universe.

Bravestarr too to make a point about drugs.

Those ratings mean NOTHING. A kid will see it no matter what it is. Heck we have had Family Matters listed as TVM on some networks. Of ALL shows to be rated like that. SHows those ratings mean nothing.