Page 126 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3155
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

There's nothing overly fantastical in 1984. A wishing stone with no visual spectacle and only one criminally short metahuman fight at the end is pretty much it. otherwise she fights dudes with guns and her powers are nerfed by the plot. Snyder Cut looks WAY less grounded than 1984.

People want big action set pieces with Circe and mythological beasts and the return of Cheetah in WW3. None of that is grounded. Aquaman proves that you can do all that stuff without going the Snyder route.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    their sequels will do just that. I don't see DCEU going further than wonder woman 2 with the fantastical and if the Snyder cut succeeds, DC may want to get a little grounded with things.
    Or maybe they'll decide that having a wider variety of films is worth the effort. Seriously, one underperforming movie isn't going to turn them off a style of filmmaking that's proven to be overall successful.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I feel like ZS might be doubling down on things to try and make the film that much more different to the theatrical. So I don't really see this cut as his "intended" vision.

Guess my curiosity has increased by 5%, still pretty mild. Simply come way too long for me to care anymore.
    Yeah, I also doubt this will be his true vision like he originally intended.

Incredible Member

New teaser for the trailer.
    With Surprise new gods cameo:

https://twitter.com/zacksnyder/statu...446294529?s=21

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Darkseid.jpg
    end of spoilers

this is amazing!!!
    Last edited by Multiverse; 02-12-2021 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Adding Spoil Tag

Spoilers I guess:
    spoilers:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuDDUX9V...jpg&name=small So that's Sofia Boutella (Star Trek: Beyond, The Mummy) playing Grail?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Yeah, I also doubt this will be his true vision like he originally intended.
    It will be his very version.I heard an interview he had with fans where he basically said he shot an assembly cut of five hours because the studio watered down his story to fit a short run time.He admitted he did it so that he basically could give the studio what they wanted but had footage of his film to release as an extended cut.So now he's simply concentrating or adding more to the story and concept he had in mind.

I feel like Snyder should be acknowledged and possibly commended for ignoring his instincts and not turning Granny Goodness into a razor blade monster.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Or maybe they'll decide that having a wider variety of films is worth the effort. Seriously, one underperforming movie isn't going to turn them off a style of filmmaking that's proven to be overall successful.
    They already separate Matt Reeves Batman aka grounded character away from the rest of the toys. The next characters are Shazam, Black Adam, Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman I mean it sounds like a great idea to go "hey let us take the most fantastic characters we have and ground them". If it is was Green Arrow, Black Canary, Deathstroke, Constantine or something( looking for DC heroes other than Bat characters that make sense ground was hard) I would understand but everybody coming out is walking Gods.

We are already out the Synder World, The movies talk about have their own proven path for success nothing against Zac but I don't see why his success would change what already successful stuff have done.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-12-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I feel like Snyder should be acknowledged and possibly commended for ignoring his instincts and not turning Granny Goodness into a razor blade monster.
    It makes her standout so much near Desaad and Darkseid that she looks so normal .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It makes her standout so much near Desaad and Darkseid that she looks so normal .
    Huh thought that was Grail. Doesn't look like Grail but I figured besides Darkseid certain New Gods were off limits cause of Ava DuVernay's New Gods movie.

Granny makes more sense, just never imagined her played by Sofia Boutella. Hope there's a scene where she Wonder Woman battles her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Huh thought that was Grail. Doesn't look like Grail but I figured besides Darkseid certain New Gods were off limits cause of Ava DuVernay's New Gods movie.

Granny makes more sense, just never imagined her played by Sofia Boutella. Hope there's a scene where she Wonder Woman battles her.
    I didn't catch that, now if Sofia is really part of the cast,I think she is playing Grail, which is great casting , I don't think she's playing Granny unless Snyder I'd going for a youthful look on GG.Let's wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I didn't catch that, now if Sofia is really part of the cast,I think she is playing Grail, which is great casting , I don't think she's playing Granny unless Snyder I'd going for a youthful look on GG.Let's wait and see
    A youthful Granny Goodness doesn't sound very out of character for Snyder

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Well Snyder confirmed it is Granny Goodness, but I'm assuming that that is who Sofia is playing. She is in the cast, so its either Granny or someone equally important (Big Barda?).

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    spoilers:
    Darkseid.jpg
    end of spoilers

this is amazing!!!
    that looks pretty cool but I wouldn't get my hopes up of Darkseid having too big of a role. This is probably from the stare down through the Boom Tube he has with the League at the end of the movie. That's probably all we'll see of Granny and the other New Gods.