Page 13 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Why did WB do a 180 here?

They fired Snyder for Man of Steel and Batman v Superman having bad receptions. Why are they now releasing the next Snyder film?
    WB didn't. AT&T pulled rank.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I think I might be missing something here, exactly why does everyone want to see the Snyder cut so badly. I've read all the deleted scenes and what not but it still sounds like a jumbled mess, which is what the final theatrical cut of the film was too. So I mean instead of seeing a Whedon/Snyder jumbled mess, we'll just see the full Snyder mess.

WB is throwing so much money into this it's a shame. I wish they'd put that 20-30mil somewhere else, like Shazam! 2 or Titans season 3 (It's a good show just needs a bigger budget) or even Better yet Doom Patrol.
    Doom Patrol got moved to HBO max and getting a second season. That show is good.

I'm interested I'm the Snyder cut as it would be a completely different movie then the botch job we got from Whedon. As said earlier on this thread, roughly 25% of what Snyder shot was used.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Doom Patrol got moved to HBO max and getting a second season. That show is good.

I'm interested I'm the Snyder cut as it would be a completely different movie then the botch job we got from Whedon. As said earlier on this thread, roughly 25% of what Snyder shot was used.
    No director could have saved Justice League, and they weren't going to put the movie on ice until Snyder came back. Whedon didn't have a clean slate, he had to work with what footage Snyder left him and the associations of Batman vs Superman looming over the production, he didn't have the lead in he had for the Avengers. Whedon didn't hurt the movie, he gave it more of a life to it. For example, he let Superman speak and gave him a personality closer to the source material and made him charismatic rather than a lonely vengeful god.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    No director could have saved Justice League, and they weren't going to put the movie on ice until Snyder came back. Whedon didn't have a clean slate, he had to work with what footage Snyder left him and the associations of Batman vs Superman looming over the production, he didn't have the lead in he had for the Avengers. Whedon didn't hurt the movie, he gave it more of a life to it. For example, he let Superman speak and gave him a personality closer to the source material and made him charismatic rather than a lonely vengeful god.
    Whedon not having a clean slate ultimately doesn't matter. WB shouldn't have tried to "fix" the movie. It was too late for any of the changes they wanted to make. They should have stuck with Synder the whole way through and not panic like they did. It ended up being far worse in the long run.

BANNED

WB didn't. AT&T pulled rank.
    WB reacted too quickly to the poor reception of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    WB reacted too quickly to the poor reception of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.
    MoS was ok, even BVS made money, JL was a flop for many reasons.

Even MCU only had Iron Man as a very successful figure in phase 1 and IM2 was a bit letdown, WB reacted way too quickly without patience.

BANNED

They should have stuck with Synder the whole way through and not panic like they did. It ended up being far worse in the long run.
    I suspect we are all about to discover for certain that this isn't true. But no matter how it turns out, few minds will be changed.

For me personally, if the bank hostages die, it will be proof this is a version that should never have been made

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    I suspect we are all about to discover for certain that this isn't true. But no matter how it turns out, few minds will be changed.

For me personally, if the bank hostages die, it will be proof this is a version that should never have been made
    I prefer Synder work over Whedon's. Personally I will enjoy that version of the film over anything that hack Whedon touches.

All of Snyder's movies are poorly received. Go look at his Rotten Tomatoes scores: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/zack_snyder. The last non-rotten score he received was for Watchmen in 2009 (11 years ago).

Snyder is basically a special effects supervisor who was promoted to the director chair. When he first came up (Dawn of the Dead, 300, etc) he was doing things no one else had done before. The stories were still bad, but the visuals were good enough to overcome that.

Eventually the rest of hollywood caught up on special effects and all you were left with was Snyder's crappy stories. He never really cared about story; listen to his interviews. He uses stories to try and set up big special effect scenes that he thinks looks cool.

There's a reason why he's now doing straight-to-Netflix low budget films and not cinema pictures any more.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    All of Snyder's movies are poorly received. Go look at his Rotten Tomatoes scores: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/zack_snyder. The last non-rotten score he received was for Watchmen in 2009 (11 years ago).

Snyder is basically a special effects supervisor who was promoted to the director chair. When he first came up (Dawn of the Dead, 300, etc) he was doing things no one else had done before. The stories were still bad, but the visuals were good enough to overcome that.

Eventually the rest of hollywood caught up on special effects and all you were left with was Snyder's crappy stories. He never really cared about story; listen to his interviews. He uses stories to try and set up big special effect scenes that he thinks looks cool.

There's a reason why he's now doing straight-to-Netflix low budget films and not cinema pictures any more.
    He got great action scenes and overall, very good cast+design.

But you need to give him some good script first.

I'm still planning on watching this, just to see what he was planning to do. I'm curious, ya know?

But I don't think Snyder should ever have been put in charge. 300 was perfectly his speed. Watchmen was faithful, but took all the wrong lessons from the story. I didn't hate MoS.

But anyone who thought starting a shared cinematic universe with your strongest player at the fucking end of their career was never setting you up to succeed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post

His audience scores tell a different story. And WW was the only DCEU movie to outgross his films domestically by a big margin and it was her intro in BVS that really helped to push that. I really doubt his career will be limited to Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    His audience scores tell a different story. And WW was the only DCEU movie to outgross his films domestically by a big margin and it was her intro in BVS that really helped to push that. I really doubt his career will be limited to Netflix.
    Audience scores trend towards more positive. So comparing audience scores for his films vs. audience scores to competing films and his are still worse.

I wish him well. If this HBO Max thing goes well maybe he has a future in TV. I wonder if he has the patience to do a series though. Him reemerging to do cinema again seems like wishful thinking to me.

He is literally re-emerging to do cinema.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    HiWW was the only DCEU movie to outgross his films domestically by a big margin and it was her intro in BVS that really helped to push that. I really doubt his career will be limited to Netflix.
    Hmm, I strongly suspect that her introduction in BvS had much if any impact on the film's popularity. I rather suspect it had to do more with the character herself, how she was portrayed, and who directed the film.

I mean, seriously, I get why young girls want to wear a WW tshirt. I also get why few young boys want to wear a Snyder-style Superman or Batman tshirt. Who wants to be like those cretins?