Page 132 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I find that Steppenwolf pic oddly hilarious and I can't figure out why. Dude looks like such a goofball.
    It's honestly the eyes. This dude is meant to be one of the most intimidating beings in the universe, but has the least threating eyes imaginable. So it's a weird clash.

So Snyder's leaning into this Luthor as a sort of herald to Darkseid? Maybe he was whammied into creating Doomsday just so Superman wouldn't be around when he arrived? I wonder if its a coincidence or intentional that Steppenwolf resembles Doomsday a bit. After all why would a composite clone of Lex and a Kryptonian look like Doomsday as opposed to...Conner Kent? Maybe Steppenwolf acted as an intermediary and provided Luthor with his DNA (along with the whammy) and Doomsday was actually a three-way clone (Lex/Zod/Steppenwolf)?

Ok maybe none of that will happen, but I guess I'm not a fan of this Lex being a nutty, basically human version of Ebony Maw. Whomever was responsible for that after credits scene (Lex talking to Deathstroke) THAT'S the Lex I want to see more of. Eisenburg is a tough sell as Lex, but that lone scene showed his potential, IMO.

Interestingly, that's the only thing I'm "nervous" about, more of that Lex in the Snyder Cut, but for all we know there are no further scenes of him. Everything else I'm really pumped about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Depressing? I wish his film's were just depressing. They're not. They're adolescent, self-serious, grimdark dirges that so fundamentally miss the point of DC's superheroes, you wonder why he wanted to throw his hat in the DCEU ring in the first place.
    Those were the words I should have used.

I think Dark Knight Returns, Injustice and the Akham games have way too big of an influence on Snyder. It's like he hasn't read anything else.

Does he know Despero and Starro exists? Probably never heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    It's honestly the eyes. This dude is meant to be one of the most intimidating beings in the universe, but has the least threating eyes imaginable. So it's a weird clash.
    He kind of looks adorable in that image.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    How am I suppose to treat this claim seriously when you're calling MoS grim-dark?
    How is anyone supposed treat this rebuttal seriously if the implication is that MOS isn't grimdark?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post

I think Dark Knight Returns, Injustice and the Akham games have way too big of an influence on Snyder. It's like he hasn't read anything else.

Why can't Zach Snyder draw influence from one of the most iconic comic books of all time? I think its kind of strange that you would say this is a problem and the material you cite from that should be Snyder's influence are stories written under the Comic Code. (Also, I'm just going to flat out say that Injustice is not an inspiration for Zack Snyder's work, same with the Arkham gmaes).

My favourite story with Superman is All-Star Superman, and its a pretty non-controversial take coming from me. On the service it looks like this book is a Silver Age love letter, but the book is actually about Superman coming to terms with his death. It's a mature, modern and serious story that Snyder took influence from when making MoS. This is also not the only must read Superman story where Superman dies or forces himself into exile.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    From what I read, about 70-75% of Snyder's film was unused in Whedon's cut, while only 4 minutes of additional footage was shot. However, that's not counting any CGI that wasn't completed by Snyder prior to his original departure that wouldn't necessarily require reshoots.
    That would be a union violation. It didn't happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Is the entire thing gonna be 4:3?? If I watch this, it’s gonna be on a 65” OLED and I’d prefer there weren’t black bars on the sides for 4 hours.
    I'd prefer there was, if that was the original intent.

Not that I think it was...

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    How is anyone supposed treat this rebuttal seriously if the implication is that MOS isn't grimdark?
    From Wikipedia;

Grimdark is a subgenre of speculative fiction with a tone, style, or setting that is particularly dystopian, amoral, or violent. The term is inspired by the tagline of the tabletop strategy game Warhammer 40,000: "In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war."
    Do you genuinely think this description is applicable to MoS?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    A lot of Zach Snyder fans really like his attention to cinematography, which a lot of modern blockbuster films ignore. They like that the material is given a serious weight to it, they like that that symbolic imagery Snyder puts into his work, they like Zack Snyder's personality. There are reasons to like these films.
    These are all the reasons we should hope, as serious cinema aficionados, that effects of Whedon's influence on filmmaking is temporary. Movie making would be generally horrible if he was somehow to be set as a standard.

I don't think there's any cause for worry about that, of course. He's failing miserably and this is not likely to change people's minds. "Oh yes! This is how we ought to make movies!" Lol

Jesus, Steppenwolf looks absoluty atrocious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post

I wouldn't throw the blame on things like Injustice and the Arkham games, even in Injustice the first one ended with main universe Superman showing up and smacking down Injustice!Superman for being a tyrant and going against what Superman stands for, and the Arkham games are all about Batman's crusade to save the city, how far he'll go to save people to the point where he'd even save the Joker from dying if he could.

I hope this is as good as it looks!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I hope this is as good as it looks!
    I hope this is not as bad as it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I hope this is not as bad as it looks.
    It looks great to me....