Page 138 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If, say sixty percent, are interested in poking fun at it?

Not all "Interest..." is a positive thing.
    There's gonna be people who hate any DCEU move no matter what just like some people hate MCU movies no matter what.

If Joker's line to Batman about honor describes more cities than Gotham I'll find it weirdly used and very worthy of mockery.

In this case it is a positive thing, but not necessarily leading to the positive result they would hope for. Attracting attention to encourage more people to watch crap though is bound to earn them more cash to grab, and possibly add to sales of more digital copies and blurays than people mocking it now would think it deserves.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And meet in the swamp.

Meanwhile:

The Legion of Doom ending up crashing the Hall of Justice in a swamp at the end of JL and eventually repurposing it would've been dope af!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Hell you don't have to even do League vs. Darkseid. The New Gods stuff could be its own film series.

Focus on High Father and Orion vs. Darkseid, not Superman
    Don’t forget that Superman — and Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen, too — are foundational characters in Jack Kirby’s Fourth World. Darkseid’s 1st appearance was in a Superman comic and Superman was present in Forever People #1 when Darkseid really showed himself. I’m not going to get too hyperbolic and claim Kal-El is as important as Orion or Mister Miracle in the New Gods mythos, but Superman was present at and part of the very start of it. The forces of Apokolips are very much part of Superman’s arch foes.
    Last edited by Brian B; 02-15-2021 at 08:08 PM.

The general consensus for a couple years now has been that strong trailer viewership entails strong customer enthusiasm. The like to dislike ratio on these videos aren't indicative of any overwhelming ridicule, with 406 k likes and 11 k dislikes, the dislikes being 2.6% of the total response. There just isn't evidence that people visited this trailer to laugh at it.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Is it? I thought it was supposed to be a HBO Max exclusive.
    In my country I have the streaming service that is essentially HBO Max, where most of the HBO originals get dumped on. I assume these exist in other countries.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The general consensus for a couple years now has been that strong trailer viewership entails strong customer enthusiasm. The like to dislike ratio on these videos aren't indicative of any overwhelming ridicule, with 406 k likes and 11 k dislikes, the dislikes being 2.6% of the total response. There just isn't evidence that people visited this trailer to laugh at it.
    As a "Generally Speaking..." sort of an assertion?

Wouldn't disagree at all.

That said?

I get the feeling that we all know good a well that this isn't just some "Garden Variety..." instance of a trailer and how folks react to it.

Past that?

We've got an entire internet full of other evidence that folks may indeed have turned up with poking fun at this trailer in mind.

Why not 80%?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    In years past that was probably a good metric...but during covid? There's not a lot of new stuff to divert people's eyes away so what little there is will get a lot of views. Will those trailer views turn into end viewers? Who knows.

So the trailer gets a lot of views and people still find a way to **** on it? Just because there aren't a lot of big movie trailers being released doesn't mean people have to watch this one. And if it did poorly in terms of trailer views we'd never hear the end of "lol told you no one cares about this crap!"

I'm starting to think people who hate Snyder are obsessed with him, why are so many people ITT who clearly think this is gonna suck here?

What is it about this man that whips some into such a frenzy? I couldn't fathom wasting my time tracking a movie I "knew" would suck. Really enforcing the stereotype of comic book fans being bitter and not having a life. Is it that hard to simply ignore this films existence and leave discussion on it to people who ARE looking forward to it instead of being Negative Nancies and raining on the parade of anyone actually excited for this? Constructive criticism is one thing but obviously a lot of people online want this movie to fail and have nothing more to add to the discussion besides constant negativity.
    Last edited by The True Detective; 02-16-2021 at 06:25 AM.

For those who are critical of the trailer or Snyder’s Justice League, my question is simple: If not this — Snyder’s Justice League — then what? If not Snyder, then who?

You all aren’t getting Joaquin and Todd Phillips back. Patty Jenkins is okay, but whether AT&T are pleased with WW84 or not, we all know it pretty well stunk. James Gunn is going back to Marvel after the Suicide Squad sequel is over. Warner Bros. got away with the ridiculous spectacle of Aquaman once — completely overshadowing the awful camp of the whole thing. Unless Aquaman 2 comes free with HBO Max, it’s not going to be anywhere close to as successful again.

So, without Snyder, what artistic vision will DC Films have? Forget continuity, that will be completely out the window. I’m just talking cohesive art, not a product whisked off the assembly line for consumption with popcorn. Without Zack, what’s the plan, the plot, the idea? I’d love to hear what it is. Or is it just Hamada’s idea, which boils down to make AT&T shareholders more money?
    Last edited by Brian B; 02-16-2021 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    So the trailer gets a lot of views and people still find a way to **** on it? Just because there aren't a lot of big movie trailers being released doesn't mean people have to watch this one. And if it did poorly in terms of trailer views we'd never hear the end of "lol told you no one cares about this crap!"
    I guess that if it ends up doing good numbers for HBO Max we will hear same type of reasoning again - there wasn't anything new to watch so people subbed to watch movie that they actually hated.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    For those who are critical of the trailer or Snyder’s Justice League, my question is simple: If not this — Snyder’s Justice League — then what? If not Snyder, then who?

You all aren’t getting Joaquin and Todd Phillips back. Patty Jenkins is okay, but whether AT&T are pleased with the WW84 or not, we all know it pretty well stunk. James Gunn is going back to Marvel after the Suicide Squad sequel is over. Warner Bros. got away with the ridiculous spectacle of Aquaman once — completely overshadowing the awful camp of the whole thing. Unless Aquaman 2 comes free with HBO Max, it’s not going to be anywhere close to as successful again.

So, without Snyder, what artistic vision will DC Films have? Forget continuity, that will be completely out the window. I’m just talking cohesive art, not a product whisked off the assembly line for consumption with popcorn. Without Zack, what’s the plan, the plot, the idea? I’d love to hear what it is. Or is it just Hamada’s idea, which boils down to make AT&T shareholders more money?
    I can't speak for everyone, but personally, I would like a JL movie that doesn't follow the MCU method of build up. Kind of like George Miller's attempted JL film. The MCU has obviously found massive success in its cinematic universe, but it's not the only profitable method of film making - especially when you're working with such a sprawling IP as DC's: Warner Brothers really should have utilised it more during the early 2000s.

I think a director like Snyder should focus on smaller scale stories as he tends to get bogged down with story beats, characters and themes he wants to tackle - A lot of the time these come across as half baked for a lot of the public, and the movie shouldn't have to be 4 hours to get these points across. I don't think Snyder has enough skill or prowess to actually accomplish his desired vision, especially when it comes to a whole cinematic universe. MoS was an okay film, and I think it's that way because it's a fairly straight forward story with a small enough cast. BvS, however, was just too bloated and too self serious - nothing could be explored to a satisfying degree imo. I think Snyder could be good as a part of a cinematic universe if hired for the right character/film, but as THE architect for the whole universe - not so much. It would have been nice to have seen him do a Superman trilogy that didn't connect to a wider universe though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Individually good movies. Worry about a connection after you release a couple more good ones. Artistic vision is brought by the director.

People seem to forget that connective tissue in the MCU was the post-credit scenes. Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America had no cohesive style and I struggle to remember anything in actual movies that ties to them together. Just worry about making good movies that people enjoy that is all.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post

I'm starting to think people who hate Snyder are obsessed with him, why are so many people ITT who clearly think this is gonna suck here?

What is it about this man that whips some into such a frenzy? I couldn't fathom wasting my time tracking a movie I "knew" would suck. Really enforcing the stereotype of comic book fans being bitter and not having a life. Is it that hard to simply ignore this films existence and leave discussion on it to people who ARE looking forward to it instead of being Negative Nancies and raining on the parade of anyone actually excited for this? Constructive criticism is one thing but obviously a lot of people online want this movie to fail and have nothing more to add to the discussion besides constant negativity.
    I don't understand getting bent by a simple statement...especially one that doesn't include any real negativity.

People like "new" things and when there are only two new things those things are going to get more attention than they would if there were ten new things. It's a logical statement that has nothing to do with predictions of quality.

The above is not being a negative Nancy...it's actually the very definition of "constructive criticism" as it's a well reasoned point stated in a neutral tone...and that you don't see it that way is much, much more of a reinforcement of the comic book/nerd stereotypes than the comment I made.