Page 14 of 211 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    He is literally re-emerging to do cinema.
    AFAIK, his next project is a Netflix zombie show.

Have you heard of anything else attached to his name as director?

BANNED

He is literally re-emerging to do cinema.
    What? He’s been working on AOTD for the past year and a half

Ultimate Member

Millions of people watch Netflix. Being on Netflix is not some sort of demotion...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Millions of people watch Netflix. Being on Netflix is not some sort of demotion...
    In terms of amount of pay vs hours of product, it certainly is.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    AFAIK, his next project is a Netflix zombie show.

Have you heard of anything else attached to his name as director?
    Army of the Dead is a movie. Also The Fountainhead. If that ever actually gets made. And now Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    What? He’s been working on AOTD for the past year and a half
    I was responding to the statement that his "re-emerging to work in cinema" was "unlikely". He's working in cinema. Being on Netflix doesn't make it not a movie.

BANNED

Army of the Dead is a movie. Also The Fountainhead. If that ever actually gets made. And now Justice League.

I was responding to the statement that his "re-emerging to work in cinema" was "unlikely". He's working in cinema. Being on Netflix doesn't make it not a movie.
    Being on Netflix makes it small screen, which is the distinction between movie and cinema. Fountainhead was last talked about before he was fired from Justice League, and the failure of Atlas Shrugged I think has pretty much killed any opportunity for The Fountainhead.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    I think I might be missing something here, exactly why does everyone want to see the Snyder cut so badly. I've read all the deleted scenes and what not but it still sounds like a jumbled mess, which is what the final theatrical cut of the film was too. So I mean instead of seeing a Whedon/Snyder jumbled mess, we'll just see the full Snyder mess.

WB is throwing so much money into this it's a shame. I wish they'd put that 20-30mil somewhere else, like Shazam! 2 or Titans season 3 (It's a good show just needs a bigger budget) or even Better yet Doom Patrol.
    Why can't they do both?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Whedon not having a clean slate ultimately doesn't matter. WB shouldn't have tried to "fix" the movie. It was too late for any of the changes they wanted to make. They should have stuck with Synder the whole way through and not panic like they did. It ended up being far worse in the long run.
    Sure it matters, he inherited Snyder's legacy with B vs S which would bring down any movie Snyder was involved with. If WB had done what you wanted the entire movie would have been scrapped. They had to fix the movie because Snyder didn't leave them a completed movie before he had to leave. They panicked because Snyder's vision hurt the DCEU, they don't owe him everything he serves at their pleasure. He's not George Lucas, he's not even Chris Nolan. They were in a bad place since Snyder had to leave due to his daughter dying, he was in no shape to direct after that on top of the reception of his other films. Snyder staying on was not only be and for his mental state it would compromise his directing.

Being on Netflix makes it small screen, which is the distinction between movie and cinema
    If you really want to get into this semantic argument again I’m sure someone is willing, but I’m not the guy.

He’s making movies. Where they get released doesn’t change that he is, in fact, professionally making movies. So the statement that his showing up to make movies again being “unlikely” was completely incorrect. That was all I was saying.

I don’t know why anyone questioned my comment. He is making movies. Think of him or his output what you will, doesn’t change that he is currently making two movies.

BANNED

. I don’t know why anyone questioned my comment. He is making movies. Think of him or his output what you will, doesn’t change that he is currently making two movies.
    I'm just trying to keep the goal posts in the same place. The original comment was that he is emerging to do cinema, which is untrue. I would not argue that it's about movies. And he's only doing one project, afaik

He’s literally working on two movies right now.

I'm just trying to keep the goal posts in the same place. The original comment was that he is emerging to do cinema, which is untrue. I would not argue that it's about movies. And he's only doing one project, afaik
    Again, semantic argument. If we're going there, I'd argue that basically nothing Snyder has made should be considered "Cinema" no matter where it was released. But I'm not making that argument.

He makes movies. He's still making movies. Shrug.
    Last edited by Joker; 05-28-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Whedon not having a clean slate ultimately doesn't matter. WB shouldn't have tried to "fix" the movie. It was too late for any of the changes they wanted to make. They should have stuck with Synder the whole way through and not panic like they did. It ended up being far worse in the long run.
    So, it's better to go with a failure that everybody hates than even try to save it?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    So, it's better to go with a failure that everybody hates than even try to save it?
    Yes considering their attempts to save it made everything worse.

Yes considering their attempts to save it made everything worse.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you.

They took a chance that they could change it and make it better. Honestly I think it did make it better, but even the chance of it being good is better than the certainty of it being bad.

Give Bruce Wayne's 1% speech in BvS, I'm sure Snyder would agree.

Ultimate Member

In terms of amount of pay vs hours of product, it certainly is.
    I'm not sure of what you're saying?