Page 142 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I don’t have to like Snyder’s economic ideas to appreciate his Snyderverse.

As for DC not making superhero movies, lol, they aren’t slowing that train down, so they may as well get someone with a plan, like Zack.
    Does he really look like a guy with a plan?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Which fans? Fans of DC superheroes or fans of Zack Snyder?

It’s funny, as awful as Whedon certainly seems to be, Snyder will never make a movie as successful as Whedon did.
    And Snyder hopefully never be accused of the things Joss has been, Zack wins hands down in this instance. I rather not make a movie as successful as Age of Ultron than make a movie that big and be a POS as a human being.

Shit, I hate browsing this thread looking for actual news and updates - I don't care if you love or hate his films, do you need to debate it this much?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Shit, I hate browsing this thread looking for actual news and updates - I don't care if you love or hate his films, do you need to debate it this much?
    Video and manuscript of an interview with Harry Lennix from February the 15th.

Said he'd be interested in a Martian Manhunter movie.

Ray Fisher does constant Instagram lives but lately its just hype about the movie. But he's the one who reiterated Steppenwolf will have "living armor".

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Ray Fisher does constant Instagram lives but lately its just hype about the movie. But he's the one who reiterated Steppenwolf will have "living armor".
    I liked his brief time in the DCEU, hoping we see his Martian form in this just a little. Such a great character.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Oh, come on! No one thinks Whedon’s Justice League was good. I don’t even blame Whedon or even Warner Bros. It was a tragic situation, but it wrecked the movie. DC Films was in a bad spot and they did the best they could. But now, Snyder gets a re-do. Nice! BTW, I think Snyder is doing it for the fans, for himself, for a 2nd chance, for an audition of sorts for DC Films and for his reputation. It’s more than just the fans. Personally, I’m jazzed!
    Well I think it was good definitely not great or a masterpiece but still good definitely not the worst move evar made.

Great this perfect post to talk about how freaking Martian Manhunter sat down in Man of Steel (let zod and company run wild) and Batman V Superman (let doomsday run wild) and He did nothing I mean get that is out of world issue in DC deciding how to use a character BUT how in world does the character decide now is the time to do something? Anyways that is cool interview with Harry Lennix

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Great this perfect post to talk about how freaking Martian Manhunter sat down in Man of Steel (let zod and company run wild) and Batman V Superman (let doomsday run wild) and He did nothing I mean get that is out of world issue in DC deciding how to use a character BUT how in world does the character decide now is the time to do something? Anyways that is cool interview with Harry Lennix
    I'd like to think these questions would be answered in a Martian Manhunter movie, but I wonder if WB/AT&T would be interested. A different director (but Snyder producing in some capacity), a decent script, a decent budget, maybe release around Christmas?

Just thinking out loud but I'd see it, mostly cause I never thought I'd see a Martian Manhunter movie. And Lennix's energy and cadence, I'm glad it's him, or would be him.

I'd like to think these questions would be answered in a Martian Manhunter movie, but I wonder if WB/AT&T would be interested. A different director (but Snyder producing in some capacity), a decent script, a decent budget, maybe release around Christmas?

Just thinking out loud but I'd see it, mostly cause I never thought I'd see a Martian Manhunter movie. And Lennix's energy and cadence, I'm glad it's him, or would be him.
    One of the underrated things about Synder is that his choice for characters have worked ,people I think doubt at first Jason and Gail they were great in their roles, I think Harry was also a good choice for MM so I am glad he at least gets a chance to show that off.

Would they be interested in Martian Manhunter movie I mean his books have traditional not work but movie and comic audience are different things and we have seen things that haven't work in comics work on the big screen. A HBO max martian manhunter movie could be interesting if that was to happen. We know DC has the big reset button in Flashpoint sitting around who knows what is going to come after if Flash, Aquaman 2, Shazam 2 are successful they are going to start talking about Justice League movie again right? Flash, Wonder woman ,Aquaman, No Cyborg so maybe MM instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    One of the underrated things about Synder is that his choice for characters have worked ,people I think doubt at first Jason and Gail they were great in their roles, I think Harry was also a good choice for MM so I am glad he at least gets a chance to show that off.

Would they be interested in Martian Manhunter movie I mean his books have traditional not work but movie and comic audience are different things and we have seen things that haven't work in comics work on the big screen. A HBO max martian manhunter movie could be interesting if that was to happen. We know DC has the big reset button in Flashpoint sitting around who knows what is going to come after if Flash, Aquaman 2, Shazam 2 are successful they are going to start talking about Justice League movie again right? Flash, Wonder woman ,Aquaman, No Cyborg so maybe MM instead.
    D'oh, I'm still thinking in terms of "go to the theater" and those days are behind us, for now. An HBO Max Martian Manhunter movie could work just fine. Or even a small series, maybe set after Flashpoint to finally explain "Dude, you ever gonna get involved with your powerset or what?"

As for Flashpoint, I thought the point of that was to reset some things not everything. If its to reset everything its moot, but if its some things and MM (as played by Lennix) remains, I too would like to see what he has to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Ayn Rand was not an economist, she was a philosopher. Her big thing was pushing selfishness and self-direction, i.e. the complete opposite of what DC heroes believe. A Randian hero is one who leaves the "moochers" to die. It is fundamentally incompatible with DC superheroes

And "a plan" is overrated when viewers don't want what that plan is producing. Individual films seems to be working for them much better than Zack's plan
    I very well know who Ayn Rand is, and I do not subscribe to her ideas, far from it. I think her ideas are “fundamentally incompatible” with life and society, period. But excepting a bit of how Batman is portrayed generally, I don’t see Snyder throwing Randian b.s. at the audience.

D'oh, I'm still thinking in terms of "go to the theater" and those days are behind us, for now. An HBO Max Martian Manhunter movie could work just fine. Or even a small series, maybe set after Flashpoint to finally explain "Dude, you ever gonna get involved with your powerset or what?"
    MM series could work I think, can easily make it more about detective work/drama/politics than about big dumb action scenes that require lots of money.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Whedon made more movies than just Justice League y'know
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer is what is going to most define Joss Whedon's legacy as a very talented writer and creator.

Whedon's Justice League was never his own film, he was only a steward to the film.

I don't blame those who chose to throw away their 2016 justice league DVDs when it was announced that Snyder was making the cut

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Well I think it was good definitely not great or a masterpiece but still good definitely not the worst move evar made.
    I agree, I'm not afraid to admit that I enjoy Josstice League. LOL, and I probably still prefer it to whatever Snyder does with his cut.

JL got a cinemascore of B+

BvS got a B

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    The answer to that is not one I wish to start over from the beginning on these boards. If you liked it, that's wonderful. If you thought it was well made...well, I'll keep you in my thoughts.
    I will say that I liked Man of Steel. I thought and continue to think Henry Cavill makes a great Superman, I liked all the inclusion from the comic books that normally are absent from Superman adaptations, and I thought it positioned the character much better for future films than Superman Returns.

Having said that, it wasn't without its flaws - some serious flaws to boot. It was a very somber, unfun experience and it had some pretty glaring plot holes. However, I had hoped that after getting the experience of making a new Superman film out of the way that Snyder & WB could have fixed the issues in a sequel film but instead it felt like they doubled down on them with Batman v Superman, somehow making a much more unfun experience with even more plot holes.

This is why I essentially have zero faith that Snyder's JL will be any different. He doesn't have an optimistic, fun view of super heroes.