Page 145 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I don't see why Snyders political leanings matter. He's not out there preaching anything. Defiently things he's said that made me lose some respect for him but none of it is political. Looking forward to Army of the dead. Ima watch the Snydercut. Just don't know how fast ima get to it. Waiting for the **** show if Critics tear it apart like BvS. Hope not but it seems highly likely.
    This isn't "He votes <whomever> don't support him," this is "He is of a philosophical bent that opposes selflessness, the core value of the characters he's adapting and it comes through in his work." When asked "Who would do a better job," it is perfectly valid to answer with "pretty much anybody who doesn't oppose the core value of the characters he's adapting."

I don't see why Snyders political leanings matter. He's not out there preaching anything. Defiently things he's said that made me lose some respect for him but none of it is political. Looking forward to Army of the dead. Ima watch the Snydercut. Just don't know how fast ima get to it. Waiting for the **** show if Critics tear it apart like BvS. Hope not but it seems highly likely.
    Agreed. I just have a feeling it's going to be another divisive movie, especially if Superman does evil stuff like killing innocents in JL.

I was very disappointed in Snyder when he said fans live in a dream world... It's exactly what the villain said to Superman in a comic and Supes response was epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    You think he said he wanted to make a movie out of one of her novels without having read it? That's what you're going with?
    No, I'm saying I don't even think the people accusing him of being a Objectivist have even done the most basic research on his beliefs, like by citing the man's words.

Her novels can not be divorced from her philosophy. Not even in the typical way that one's philosophy permeates their fiction, too. The books don't just include but build to multipage essays where her characters expound upon her philosophies and are applauded for it.
    I mean you can read a piece of lit, enjoy it, but not come out as a carbon copy of the author. In that quote I posted, Snyder says Rand eventually drank her own Kool-aid, so he seems to think she became to self-righteous.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    No, I'm saying I don't even think the people accusing him of being a Objectivist have even done the most basic research on his beliefs, like by citing the man's words.
    So he bought into Objectivist principles and likes a book that is all about Objectivist principles but he said something about how Rand went a little too far so he's now free of ever being held to the principles he holds and portrays in his work?

I mean you can read a piece of lit, enjoy it, but not come out as a carbon copy of the author. In that quote I posted, Snyder says Rand eventually drank her own Kool-aid, so he seems to think she became to self-righteous.
    If the piece of lit that you enjoyed and want to bring to a wider audience is designed specifically around the author's beliefs to the point of making the climax of the story center on a giant speech about said philosophy, then it can be expected that you found that philosophy worthwhile. You don't have to be "a carbon copy of the author" or support 100% of everything they ever said and did in order to hold their philosophy and have it shine through in your work in such a way as to make you a bad fit for adapting superheroes who steadfastly refute that philosophy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

A forced divisive Snyder movie in 2021 should not be making any news.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    A forced divisive Snyder movie in 2021 should not be making any news.
    Sorry, don't follow?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sorry, don't follow?
    Some things are better just not knowing.

Some things are better just not knowing.
    Ah.

10characters
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Sorry, don't follow?
    Seems like "forced" and "divisive" were unnecessary in this context.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Seems like "forced" and "divisive" were unnecessary in this context.
    They were.

WB chose to pander to a group that while SOME of them did a good thing to donate to charity, OTHERS represented everything wrong with fandom.

WB chose to hand over MONEY while AXING employees to FINISH a movie-many thought was done to a point that it would not need money to complete (be a cut that has actual footage mixed in incomplete or deleted footaged).

WB chose to let this be done despite not planning to continue the path from it.

All the WB really had to do was show whatever footage that was already around and air this as a 4 hour movie with commentary by Snyder on cut/unfinished scenes. If the response was good enough-do a complete version for theaters or HBO Max. Might have saved money.

Extraordinary Member

I don't see why ppl should be mad at this movie. It's probably better for studios to pander to ppl who actually spend money on a product than others. Movie critics and online rage shouldn't be able to dictate what movies ppl watch or get made. Whether movie critics or ppl who already don't like Snyder like this movie or not doesn't matter. And that's a good thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I don't see why ppl should be mad at this movie. It's probably better for studios to pander to ppl who actually spend money on a product than others. Movie critics and online rage shouldn't be able to dictate what movies ppl watch or get made. Whether movie critics or ppl who already don't like Snyder like this movie or not doesn't matter. And that's a good thing.
    True, it's not like it's the last Superman or Justice League film that will ever be made.

BANNED

Sorry, don't follow?
    the media and the never-snyder camp will act divisive the film, not sure anyone will care anymore.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    True, it's not like it's the last Superman or Justice League film that will ever be made.
    Yeah it's just a different interpretation of those things. From a business perspective it makes more sense to give paying fans what they want. Than to scrap something based on a critic's reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    It took 57 years to get the Justice League movie we did get. Another one isn't exactly guaranteed.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans