Page 150 of 211 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3155
    Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is the official length of the film, now? Is it going to be split into parts? what's the final premiere date?
    I'm not sure if the "official" length has dropped yet, but the entire movie with credits is just over 4 hours long. I think somewhere around 4 hours and 5 mins. or something. The original plan was to split it into parts but HBO Max and Snyder ultimately decided to launch it as a movie with chapters that will aid in stopping/starting to make it easier for people. Debbie Snyder said HBO Max will have indications in the movie and the movie will also have its own indications on when a new chapter starts. There will also be a 10 minute intermission featuring music by Tom Holkenberg built in about half way to serve as a stop/start point and also aid in the future if there's ever a theatrical release.

Official premiere date is March 18th worldwide on anything HBO and in some countries VOD/digital purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Well I guess they think the audience is large enough cuz the movie is made and gonna be released.
    And we can all look at the available information and draw our own conclusions as to whether they were right or not. Over the past couple years there's been quite a lot of information showing how social media distorts the popularity or lack thereof of things and it sure looks like that's what happened here

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Official premiere date is March 18th worldwide on anything HBO and in some countries VOD/digital purchase.
    Personally I can't wait for this to drop so everyone can see it and an end will be put to this whole discussion.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Personally I can't wait for this to drop so everyone can see it and an end will be put to this whole discussion.

LOL
    Yes, I am sure we will all agree once we see it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yes, I am sure we will all agree once we see it.
    When it gets released, that's when the real discussion starts and I think the conversation will be about the same in regards to whether it was a good idea or not.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Snyders most recent interview with VF was nice. Funny to hear him call the Cut of the film he had as shitty. So answers why WBs didn't just put it out. He said no unless he got to finish it. Which apparently took 70m. Says some things about his daughter that are hard to read.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post

LOL
    You think the discussion will end? It's been like 8 years and the MoS discussion is still ongoing and very heated...

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    New photo released of JL's Joker...

Attachment 106429

Again, I think if you love Snyder and his first two DCEU films you're going to be satisfied. If you have issues with him or them then I think you'll still be disappointed.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Really hoping now this is such a massive hit for HBO Max that Disney has to hire Snyder and we'll finally get his vision for the MCU.

BANNED

So Apparently Christopher Nolan disliked the Joss Whedon film so much that he warned Snyder never to see it.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ch...ustice-league/

I wonder if this is just more about a friend looking out for another friend. It's sound odd Nolan will go as far as to tell zack not to even watch but Nolan could have been aware that the joss's movie may have been to upsetting for snyder to see, considering how different batman v superman: dawn of justice felt to joss whedon's JL film.

Situations like this shows the struggles between directors and studio committee fears and over the top media backlash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You think the discussion will end? It's been like 8 years and the MoS discussion is still ongoing and very heated...
    And here I thought including "LOL" would make it clear this was a joke.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    And we can all look at the available information and draw our own conclusions as to whether they were right or not. Over the past couple years there's been quite a lot of information showing how social media distorts the popularity or lack thereof of things and it sure looks like that's what happened here
    It's going to be difficult to gauge the success or failure of this film since we're in unchartered territory for a release like this, and it's unlikely we'll ever get an accurate amount to how much WB spent to complete Snyder's cut versus how many new subscribers they need to turn a profit based on that amount spent.

I said after Batman v Superman that WB should have fired Snyder and rebooted their film universe following that film's disappointing response, both commercially and critically. I felt and continue to feel that Snyder has a dark, morbid view of super heroes that doesn't mesh with my view. That's not to say I'm right or he's wrong - it's just my opinion on it.

Having said that, WB didn't fire Snyder (at least not immediately) so they should have just allowed him to finish his version of JL, take whatever consequences (good or bad) of that decision, and moved forward after that. And it's the right decision to allow him to finish his film for us to see what that version looks like, especially since Whedon's version turned out pretty awful. But I also don't necessarily believe the "#releasethesnydercut" movement represents a mass consensus of fans. Had Snyder finished his version of JL and that version been released on the same date as Whedon's, there's no question in my mind that it would have been met with the same critical/commercial disappointment of Snyder's prior two DCEU films. There will certainly be additional interest generated for the cut based on the movement for sure, and it would have been interesting to see what the film's box office would have looked like had WB released it theatrically after all this time coupled with the newly generated interest. But again, I think those that loved Snyder's prior two films will praise his JL, while those who didn't won't. It's really that simple.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    It's going to be difficult to gauge the success or failure of this film since we're in unchartered territory for a release like this, and it's unlikely we'll ever get an accurate amount to how much WB spent to complete Snyder's cut versus how many new subscribers they need to turn a profit based on that amount spent.

I said after Batman v Superman that WB should have fired Snyder and rebooted their film universe following that film's disappointing response, both commercially and critically. I felt and continue to feel that Snyder has a dark, morbid view of super heroes that doesn't mesh with my view. That's not to say I'm right or he's wrong - it's just my opinion on it.

Having said that, WB didn't fire Snyder (at least not immediately) so they should have just allowed him to finish his version of JL, take whatever consequences (good or bad) of that decision, and moved forward after that. And it's the right decision to allow him to finish his film for us to see what that version looks like, especially since Whedon's version turned out pretty awful. But I also don't necessarily believe the "#releasethesnydercut" movement represents a mass consensus of fans. Had Snyder finished his version of JL and that version been released on the same date as Whedon's, there's no question in my mind that it would have been met with the same critical/commercial disappointment of Snyder's prior two DCEU films. There will certainly be additional interest generated for the cut based on the movement for sure, and it would have been interesting to see what the film's box office would have looked like had WB released it theatrically after all this time coupled with the newly generated interest. But again, I think those that loved Snyder's prior two films will praise his JL, while those who didn't won't. It's really that simple.

It's a warming thing seeing reasonable and level-headed takes on this now. Agree/disagree, whatever, you make some great points on both sides of the aisle here.

Having said that, WB didn't fire Snyder (at least not immediately) so they should have just allowed him to finish his version of JL, take whatever consequences (good or bad) of that decision, and moved forward after that. And it's the right decision to allow him to finish his film for us to see what that version looks like,
    I disagree on this. Once they realized exactly how bad it was, they quickly tried to change course and move away from that. Their mistake wasn't that they didn't let him finish, it was that they didn't let Whedon change enough.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I disagree on this. Once they realized exactly how bad it was, they quickly tried to change course and move away from that. Their mistake wasn't that they didn't let him finish, it was that they didn't let Whedon change enough.
    But they didn't quickly change course. BvS was released in March 2016 to poor reviews and mediocre box office. Snyder wasn't removed from JL until over a year later.

The time to move on from Snyder would have been immediately following BvS. Instead, WB allowed Snyder to film the majority of JL before deciding it was "incomprehensible" and moving on. Once the decision was made not to fire Snyder from JL following BvS, they should have just let him do whatever with JL and moved on from there.