Page 153 of 209 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3122
  1. #2281
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    You can think that if you want, but from his own mouth that is not what happened
    As I said I don't really care, it has been a vindicating experience for Zack and the fans of his mythos. He gets to complete his vision as well as get closure in a good way.

  2. #2282
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    This is a well done artistic video, except the music that I don't like personally.. I don't really like how much snyder tends to use music in his trailers but this is so well done.


    I love the visuals, drawings and aesthetics.

  3. #2283
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Im so excited to see this but I think fans of Snyder's work (myself included) need to be prepared for this to be panned. There's no reason to believe that the people who didn't like MOS or BvS would like this. I think its safe to say that if you like the prior Snyder films you'll like this one and if you didn't then you probably won't like it and probably shouldn't watch it because his artistic style has not changed. People who didn't like the former films but will still choose to watch this are the most likely group to complain afterwards and are probably individuals just looking for a reason to crap on it and start controversy imo. In a sense this film is for fans of Snyder's style and those who enjoyed prior films in DC to get semi closure to his story, nothing more or less at this point.

  4. #2284
    Incredible Member basbash99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    East Taunton, Mass, USA
    Posts
    553

    Default

    So according to Zack the movie ends on a "massive cliffhanger", so we can look forward to listening to fans complaining for the next bazillion years about how Zack should be allowed to make part 2 "to finish the story". And also i'm sure we'll hear about how we can't pass judgment on this 4-hour film since "we haven't seen the whole story yet!!" urgh...

    I know its not super surprising as Zack had originally planned to make JL a 2-part movie, but i had assumed that some of the shooting he did was designed to at least give the movie some semblance of a conclusion, even if everything wasn't wrapped up 100%. oh well

  5. #2285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Im so excited to see this but I think fans of Snyder's work (myself included) need to be prepared for this to be panned. There's no reason to believe that the people who didn't like MOS or BvS would like this. I think its safe to say that if you like the prior Snyder films you'll like this one and if you didn't then you probably won't like it and probably shouldn't watch it because his artistic style has not changed. People who didn't like the former films but will still choose to watch this are the most likely group to complain afterwards and are probably individuals just looking for a reason to crap on it and start controversy imo. In a sense this film is for fans of Snyder's style and those who enjoyed prior films in DC to get semi closure to his story, nothing more or less at this point.
    I think this is an unfair statement, operating under the premise that fans WANT to dislike Snyder's DCEU films. I liked MOS despite its flaws, was extremely disappointed with BvS, but plan on watching this because I still love these characters and I'm hoping somehow Snyder can pull this out. But yeah, my expectations are low because I think Snyder's films are very low on substance and fun. It's emotionally exhausting sitting through his films, which isn't the feeling I should have watching a movie about Superman and the Justice League.

    But I assure you if I watch it and like it, I'll be honest about it. I have no intent on watching a FOUR hour, R-rated Justice League movie just so I can complain about it. I wish I had that kind of time. I do agree with you, however, that it's unlikely Zack Snyder is going to drastically change the narrative on how people view these movies especially since he feels his critics are the problem. So yeah, I generally think people who like his movies will like his JL, while those that don't won't.

  6. #2286
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    8,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    So according to Zack the movie ends on a "massive cliffhanger", so we can look forward to listening to fans complaining for the next bazillion years about how Zack should be allowed to make part 2 "to finish the story". And also i'm sure we'll hear about how we can't pass judgment on this 4-hour film since "we haven't seen the whole story yet!!" urgh...

    I know its not super surprising as Zack had originally planned to make JL a 2-part movie, but i had assumed that some of the shooting he did was designed to at least give the movie some semblance of a conclusion, even if everything wasn't wrapped up 100%. oh well
    I think the Snyder Cut cult would probably lobby for Snyder to be given the keys to the DCEU no matter what, so I think that's a given.

    As far as it ending in a cliffhanger despite Snyder stuffing his cut with hours of new stuff, all I can say is that I feel confirmed that the thing has become a farce.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  7. #2287
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think the Snyder Cut cult would probably lobby for Snyder to be given the keys to the DCEU no matter what, so I think that's a given.

    As far as it ending in a cliffhanger despite Snyder stuffing his cut with hours of new stuff, all I can say is that I feel confirmed that the thing has become a farce.
    It makes sense actually I believe it was said that next movie was suppose to be his empires strike backs, You can guess the downer is Darksied and Apokolips invades the Earth and wins.

  8. #2288
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think the Snyder Cut cult would probably lobby for Snyder to be given the keys to the DCEU no matter what, so I think that's a given.

    As far as it ending in a cliffhanger despite Snyder stuffing his cut with hours of new stuff, all I can say is that I feel confirmed that the thing has become a farce.
    Snyder's official plan was to make 5 or 6 movies of his DC saga, this movie was originally supposed to be divided in 2 parts, so a cliff hanger makes a lot of sense, every 2 part divided movies from harry potter to avengers to twilight all ended with cliff hangers, so Snyder is obviously been truthful here.

    Giving that we know that information, I know a farce when I see one, the word farce, I dont see here but unfortunate, take it from me a person that once predicted any R rated marvel film is going to be farce and will mostly never see the light of day again after DP 3. I think Snyder so far so good has kept it real from the onset since 2014-2015 after he decided to use batman for his man of steel sequel , the only thing now is if he pulls the r rating of this movie off, because I have yet to see any R rating deserved clips.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-01-2021 at 04:53 AM.

  9. #2289
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Im so excited to see this but I think fans of Snyder's work (myself included) need to be prepared for this to be panned. There's no reason to believe that the people who didn't like MOS or BvS would like this. I think its safe to say that if you like the prior Snyder films you'll like this one and if you didn't then you probably won't like it and probably shouldn't watch it because his artistic style has not changed. People who didn't like the former films but will still choose to watch this are the most likely group to complain afterwards and are probably individuals just looking for a reason to crap on it and start controversy imo. In a sense this film is for fans of Snyder's style and those who enjoyed prior films in DC to get semi closure to his story, nothing more or less at this point.
    I have already gone through this. one thing Snyder can now use to his advantage is that nobody cares about panned or not panned comic films anymore. they have all lost meaning, little credibility.

    However I would not be surprised if critics are more optimistic because this is what I will call a swan song film.

    I don't think DC WB would even be bothered after Wonder Woman 2. Although it will be ironic if this is now more well received than wonder woman 2, because wonder woman 2 is a very anti-Snyder movie.

  10. #2290
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    9,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Snyder's official plan was to make 5 or 6 movies of his DC saga, this movie was originally supposed to be divided in 2 parts, so a cliff hanger makes a lot of sense, every 2 part divided movies from harry potter to avengers to twilight all ended with cliff hangers, so Snyder is obviously been truthful here.

    Giving that we know that information, I know a farce when I see one, the word farce, I dont see here but unfortunate, take it from me a person that once predicted any R rated marvel film is going to be farce and will mostly never see the light of day again after DP 3. I think Snyder so far so good has kept it real from the onset since 2014-2015 after he decided to use batman for his man of steel sequel , the only thing now is if he pulls the r rating of this movie off, because I have yet to see any R rating deserved clips.
    The movie 100% doesn't need to be rated R but is. You can't just make your movie R. It's R because that's the rating it was given. Here it's because Fu*k gets dropped a couple times and we seen a clip of Steppenwolf cutting an Amazonian in half and blood goes squirting. Its small and most people won't notice it but hey atleast Snyder can say his films are for adults. And that the critics of his films are the real problem. Wonder Woman is suppose to cut Steppenwolfs head off. Maybe that will be unnecessarily graphic. Hope this film gets received well. Canvill put some much time into the character and got shitted on in return. Also since he's white, he's clearly now a part of the new direction Superman is going. So this most likely is his swan song aswell.

  11. #2291

    Default

    "Massive cliffhanger"? I wonder if its simply Sam Benjamin's character discovering Abin Sur's corpse in a military hangar. Sur's ring flies off his finger, then says in a disembodied voice "Hal Jordan of Earth, you have been chosen."

  12. #2292
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    Zack Snyder's Justice League reveals all six chapter titles:

    Part 1 - "Don't Count On It, Batman"

    Part 2 - "Age of Heroes"

    Part 3 - "Beloved Mother, Beloved Son"

    Part 4 - "Change Machine"

    Part 5 - "All The King's Horses"

    Part 6 - "Something Darker."


    https://comicbook.com/dc/news/zack-s...-six-chapters/

  13. #2293
    Astonishing Member Coal Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Zack Snyder's Justice League reveals all six chapter titles:

    Part 1 - "Don't Count On It, Batman"

    Part 2 - "Age of Heroes"

    Part 3 - "Beloved Mother, Beloved Son"

    Part 4 - "Change Machine"

    Part 5 - "All The King's Horses"

    Part 6 - "Something Darker."


    https://comicbook.com/dc/news/zack-s...-six-chapters/
    Every attempt they make to “class up” this thing and make it more serious and “mature” the sillier it gets.

  14. #2294
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Every attempt they make to “class up” this thing and make it more serious and “mature” the sillier it gets.
    It's just the name of a few chapters........

  15. #2295
    Mighty Member Castle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Every attempt they make to “class up” this thing and make it more serious and “mature” the sillier it gets.
    how is that sillier and sillier?

    It's just a natural progress is many story telling that does come across more serious and mature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •