Page 159 of 211 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    DC went all big rainbows and colors and comic bookie with 84. now they are back to square 1.

the metaphor is that I will likely be seeing the snyder cut as a much worthy DC entry than 84.
    Not worthy of a theatrical release.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Not worthy of a theatrical release.
    that was COVID doing. This is a joke that is not funny though , giving how awful COVID has been for the entire industry, not to mention lives that are lost, ignoring that just to paint a fictional movie in negative light is just bad taste IMO. We should all be more respectful to the situation right now.

Also as of 2016, most of the best Oscar worthy movies are on streaming anyway.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-06-2021 at 07:24 PM.

DC went all big rainbows and colors and comic bookie with 84. now they are back to square 1.

the metaphor is that I will likely be seeing the snyder cut as a much worthy DC entry than 84.
    The disappointment of WW84 had nothing to do with the colors or costume. It wasn't any more comic bookie than BVS. It just wasn't a compelling story with weak villains.

Aquaman was very colorful and a big hit.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The disappointment of WW84 had nothing to do with the colors or costume. It wasn't any more comic bookie than BVS. It just wasn't a compelling story with weak villains.

Aquaman was very colorful and a big hit.
    I am a big DC fan but even I dont 100% listen to shills. Grace Randolph is a wonder woman shill, so when she started saying in her review that 84 was cartoony and colorful in a bad light or more comic bookie. I knew 84 would be in big trouble.

Man of steel is more regarded than Aquaman

I am a big DC fan but even I dont 100% listen to shills. Grace Randolph is a wonder woman shill, so when she started saying in her review that 84 was cartoony and colorful in a bad light or more comic bookie. I knew 84 would be in big trouble.

Man of steel is more regarded than Aquaman
    By you maybe, but not by everyone else. I liked them both. As well as BvS except the giant misstep of Eisenberg.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-06-2021 at 08:40 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

that was COVID doing. This is a joke that is not funny though , giving how awful COVID has been for the entire industry, not to mention lives that are lost, ignoring that just to paint a fictional movie in negative light is just bad taste IMO. We should all be more respectful to the situation right now.

Also as of 2016, most of the best Oscar worthy movies are on streaming anyway.
    So why did WW84 get a theatrical release? Did COVID take a break in December?

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    So why did WW84 get a theatrical release? Did COVID take a break in December?
    As I recall, the Snyder Cut was only commissioned to help boost HBO Max subscriptions and has been made clear that it's a franchise dead end, not to mention something with a smaller target demographic. WW84 is both part of a living franchise and something with a wider target demographic.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Sounds like critics watched the JL screeners tonight.

Fantastic Member

My expectations of the Snyder-cut are extremely measured. What we will get will probably be better than the mish-mash Whedon and Johns served us, but it's still not going to be good. I am basing this upon on Snyder's previous DC outings.
    Last edited by Marvelman; 03-07-2021 at 01:12 AM.

BANNED

By you maybe, but not by everyone else. I liked them both. As well as BvS except the giant misstep of Eisenberg.
    I think this one goes to man of steel.

I remember the push with aquaman, some saying it is so good dc now has jokes and light hearted stuff, even some critics were praising it because it felt like an mcu movie only but many in the dc fandom never bought that.

In 2021 on a very fired up commentary among the dc fandom. aquaman does not have the standings of man of steel.

As I will always say with man of steel. that movie stated a conversation. it is the best example of true art since it gave people so many different feelings. Aquaman feels more like a hungover next to that

Man of Steel was a black and white, by the numbers super hero movie. It was very true to Snyder's style, and his visual sensibility is great. But except for killing Zod at the end (John Byrne says "hold my coffee") there was nothing revelatory about it. And most of that conversation was whether he had to as a practical matter, not a philosophical or moral basis.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

None of the issues with WW84 have anything to do with her costume.

WW84 was overall a misfire, but that doesn't mean the Snyder Cut will land for audiences outside of the diehards either. WW is already getting a sequel with WW3 and WB has said they view the Snyder Cut as a cul de sac. And Aquaman was big, bright and colorful and made more money than Snyder's movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    None of the issues with WW84 have anything to do with her costume.

WW84 was overall a misfire, but that doesn't mean the Snyder Cut will land for audiences outside of the diehards either. WW is already getting a sequel with WW3 and WB has said they view the Snyder Cut as a cul de sac. And Aquaman was big, bright and colorful and made more money than Snyder's movies.
    the costume was just a symptom.

I have no bone to pick with Aquaman, he is a cool charcater. However I dont think Aquaman kinds of movies are the one future of DC movies.

Well I said, it will be ironic when Snyder's cut becomes a hit with audience now that 84 isnt.

BANNED

Man of Steel was a black and white, by the numbers super hero movie. It was very true to Snyder's style, and his visual sensibility is great. But except for killing Zod at the end (John Byrne says "hold my coffee") there was nothing revelatory about it. And most of that conversation was whether he had to as a practical matter, not a philosophical or moral basis.
    man of steel was not black and white. it handled the superman is a threat or not issue well and Clark trying to find his way around life as Clark and Superman on a balance.

It also made Zod a bit sympathetic

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

the costume was just a symptom.

I have no bone to pick with Aquaman, he is a cool charcater. However I dont think Aquaman kinds of movies are the one future of DC movies.

Well I said, it will be ironic when Snyder's cut becomes a hit with audience now that 84 isnt.
    In what way would that be ironic? I don't think the word means what you seem to think it does.