Page 163 of 211 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I’ve got screenshots if anyone is curious.
    spoilers:
    Ywa I've actually seen two scenes with this character on the internet. first was Martha turning into Jonn after talking to Lois. Looked like awfull CGI. Them I saw one of Jonn talking to Bruce but it was grainy.
    end of spoilers

There also some Tweets being shared around of people who got to accidently watch it early. The ones I saw all were upset about the CGI throughout. Starting to think Bad CGI won't be isolated to a couple scenes but be sprinkled throughout.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I’ve got screenshots if anyone is curious.
    Please share.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    spoilers:
    Ywa I've actually seen two scenes with this character on the internet. first was Martha turning into Jonn after talking to Lois. Looked like awfull CGI. Them I saw one of Jonn talking to Bruce but it was grainy.
    end of spoilers

There also some Tweets being shared around of people who got to accidently watch it early. The ones I saw all were upset about the CGI throughout. Starting to think Bad CGI won't be isolated to a couple scenes but be sprinkled throughout.
    Again, wasn't finishing the CGI the main reason WB gave him the money in the first place?

I think it’s tough to judge special effects quality by a couple trailers on youtube.

Snyder isn’t known for horrible special effects. I’m not saying the DC movies have the best effects either, but they’re usually okay. I’d give the effects a chance.

Also, I think Darkseid looks about the size Kirby drew him. He’s a big guy, but he’s not a giant. Later artists took a lot of liberty with how big they drew him, but he looks about right sized and awesome to me.

“I have turned 100,000 worlds to dust!...” Awesome! O’ Deadly Darkseid!

I’ve watched all the Snyderverse movies on HBO Max in the last week or two, and they aren’t that great. There’s some real clunkers in there. But I watch these trailers and I get SO geeked. I love Kirby. It is impossible to be a Kirby fanatic and not get your hopes up while watching this.

Extraordinary Member

cgi doesn't really come across the best on small screens/t.v. Not gonna judge by that will wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    cgi doesn't really come across the best on small screens/t.v. Not gonna judge by that will wait and see.
    That's true for lesser quality CGI. I watched AoU on my TV and some of the CGI was questionable. Newer TVs make it stand out more epically if you don't turn off the motion stabilizer. But Then ive watched Endgame and everything looked just as good as the big screen. The quality put into Thanos looks good regardless of the device it's shown on. Watched war for the planet of the apes too and those Apes still look great. We will have to wait and see on this though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Grace has gotten to deeply into this it has become unprofessional. I wont be trusting her reviews, she has become way too compromised to be objective with her criticism after chatting with Zack Snyder all the time.

However 8 days, 8 days to see this Movievision , I think this could very well be a game changer for DC and by this, the entire genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Grace has gotten to deeply into this it has become unprofessional. I wont be trusting her reviews, she has become way too compromised to be objective with her criticism after chatting with Zack Snyder all the time.
    I think Randolph was always an unreliable source.

However 8 days, 8 days to see this Movievision , I think this could very well be a game changer for DC and by this, the entire genre.
    "...Mr. Snyder is not part of the new DC Films blueprint, with studio executives describing his HBO Max project as a storytelling cul-de-sac — a street that leads nowhere."
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

That's certainly what they say now, but if they determine that there is more money to be made by pursuing this further they will do so.

I would be unsurprised if there was another movie greenlit off of this, what with people watching it for free out of idle curiosity. That film would likely fail though

Ultimate Member

I'm a big more cautious. I think Snyder struggles with basic human emotions aside from angry man-pain. The only good emotional performance in JL was Cyborg, because it was connected to the general events of the story and his struggle seemed realistic. Whereas Aquaman's and Flash's were tacked on, and Superman wasn't even in half the movie!

I want to see Darkseid and Apokolips.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-10-2021 at 06:55 PM.

BANNED

This is going to be a massive buildup event that no one will remember in a year. Like Ishtar.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    That's certainly what they say now, but if they determine that there is more money to be made by pursuing this further they will do so.

I would be unsurprised if there was another movie greenlit off of this, what with people watching it for free out of idle curiosity. That film would likely fail though
    We'll see. I believe WB would commission more Snyderverse content if it was worth their while. However, I remain skeptical that it will; the Snyderverse movies were not well received by any metric and I'm not convinced that the Snyder Cut cult is enough of an audience to make the Snyder Cut profitable enough (esp. since the DCEU scrapped the Snyderverse awhile back and already moved forward). Course, time will tell and I'm not sure if streaming has the same metric of success that theatrical releases do.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    We'll see. I believe WB would commission more Snyderverse content if it was worth their while. However, I remain skeptical that it will; the Snyderverse movies were not well received by any metric and I'm not convinced that the Snyder Cut cult is enough of an audience to make the Snyder Cut profitable enough (esp. since the DCEU scrapped the Snyderverse awhile back and already moved forward). Course, time will tell and I'm not sure if streaming has the same metric of success that theatrical releases do.
    I doubt this movie will change much.

BANNED

When I say genre game changer. it's the would be legacy it leaves behind. this Snyder cut falls between tv and movie now and that format could be a major way going forward. for instance DC can make a Hush movie 6 part story all on HBO Max.

The Snyder cut could usher in a new dawn of miniseries/movies of high budget quality.

It's all about the artistry-beneficiary right now and no one has that more than DC. Snyder may be gone but the snyder-cut model could leave behind something that would stay going forward.