Page 164 of 211 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    When I say genre game changer. it's the would be legacy it leaves behind. this Snyder cut falls between tv and movie now and that format could be a major way going forward. for instance DC can make a Hush movie 6 part story all on HBO Max.

The Snyder cut could usher in a new dawn of miniseries/movies of high budget quality.

It's all about the artistry-beneficiary right now and no one has that more than DC. Snyder may be gone but the snyder-cut model could leave behind something that would stay going forward.
    We'd already gone there long before AT&T okayed the Snyder Cut.

Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

The thing is, how different will it actually be? Instead of Whedonesque jokes which don't land, we'll get Snyderesque drama and philosophy which don't land. Maybe the story will be more fleshed out and consistent.

also, who's playing Darkseid?

When I say genre game changer. it's the would be legacy it leaves behind. this Snyder cut falls between tv and movie now and that format could be a major way going forward. for instance DC can make a Hush movie 6 part story all on HBO Max.

The Snyder cut could usher in a new dawn of miniseries/movies of high budget quality.

It's all about the artistry-beneficiary right now and no one has that more than DC. Snyder may be gone but the snyder-cut model could leave behind something that would stay going forward.
    There have been high budget serialized miniseries on streaming services for years.

Astonishing Member

Grace has gotten to deeply into this it has become unprofessional. I wont be trusting her reviews, she has become way too compromised to be objective with her criticism after chatting with Zack Snyder all the time.

However 8 days, 8 days to see this Movievision , I think this could very well be a game changer for DC and by this, the entire genre.
    I think that can only be said about the Snyderverse, she reviews other films as well.Having said that it's only because of the rapport she has with Zack ,prior to the film. Obviously she already enjoys his films ,so she will be favourable to them but I doubt any critics puts their 'literature teacher' hat on when going into the cinema with a checklist of what they want to like in a film.It's the reverse first they either like it or don't, feel impressed by it or aren't and then they explain away the why and wherefore(and most don't even do that).It's entertainment, bias is intrinsic to the industry.

Ultimate Member

I haven't watched many of her videos, but what's the problem with her? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I haven't watched many of her videos, but what's the problem with her? Just curious
    She's pro-Snyder, which is enough to say her opinion is irrelevant/she's a shill to others, especially those who hate his guts.

She was also the only one to posit that Snyder was actually fired once the opportunity to hire Whedon presented itself, vs the story given (Snyder stepped down cause of his daughter's suicide).

She's the only one to get constant interviews with Snyder himself, up to and including his thoughts on the recent ZJL leak.

Personally...well I don't hate Snyder like most people do, I just think he plateaued with 300. He's an idea man that needs to be reigned in from time to time, which is fine, its part of the creative process. And I'd love for him to stay in that capacity with ZJL being the last movie he directs for the DCU. But it seems he's polarizing figure, a bizarre Ricky Bobby (if you don't hate him you love him!) or something like that, and I think people are looking at Grace through those lenses. I could be wrong, but its just a hunch. She functions as a sort of ad hoc advocate to him and that turns people off, I think.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    We'd already gone there long before AT&T okayed the Snyder Cut.

Snyder cut is nothing like discovery, that is a rebooted tv show.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    She's pro-Snyder, which is enough to say her opinion is irrelevant/she's a shill to others, especially those who hate his guts.

She was also the only one to posit that Snyder was actually fired once the opportunity to hire Whedon presented itself, vs the story given (Snyder stepped down cause of his daughter's suicide).

She's the only one to get constant interviews with Snyder himself, up to and including his thoughts on the recent ZJL leak.

Personally...well I don't hate Snyder like most people do, I just think he plateaued with 300. He's an idea man that needs to be reigned in from time to time, which is fine, its part of the creative process. And I'd love for him to stay in that capacity with ZJL being the last movie he directs for the DCU. But it seems he's polarizing figure, a bizarre Ricky Bobby (if you don't hate him you love him!) or something like that, and I think people are looking at Grace through those lenses. I could be wrong, but its just a hunch. She functions as a sort of ad hoc advocate to him and that turns people off, I think.
    Thanks.

I don't hate Snyder, but he can't show genuine emotion for the most part (only Cyborg had a good story in JL) aside from man pain, and his plot elements can be good in isolation but never in conjunction with one another. I never understand the philosophy in his movies, or if I do I don't think it makes sense, and I'm tired of the lack of color

Snyder cut is nothing like discovery, that is a rebooted tv show.
    Discovery is not a reboot, although you are right that Snyder's work is nothing like Star Trek.

However, it was just one of any number of examples you could pull that the Snyder Cut is no game changer in regards to streaming content with movie-level production values; Snyder is just following the crowd on this format.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

On top of what Nate Grey said she went on and on that Pedro Pascal wasn't happy about wearing the helmet in Mandalorian. She claimed he had quit part way through season 2 and bunch of other shit that ended up not being true. Instead of saying her source was wrong she doubled down. I've never been a fan so I haven't watched alot of her work but from what I understand she isn't above just making shit up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    On top of what Nate Grey said she went on and on that Pedro Pascal wasn't happy about wearing the helmet in Mandalorian. She claimed he had quit part way through season 2 and bunch of other shit that ended up not being true. Instead of saying her source was wrong she doubled down. I've never been a fan so I haven't watched alot of her work but from what I understand she isn't above just making shit up.
    Oh yeah I heard about that unfounded rumor. Guess who's not on that show now?

Oh yeah I heard about that unfounded rumor. Guess who's not on that show now?
    Lol Pascal has also done interview where he's praised the stuff about the show that she claimed caused him to quit. Also the behind behind scenes show(Forget the name Something gallery) Pascal was on set In the suit way more in season 2 it appears.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol Pascal has also done interview where he's praised the stuff about the show that she claimed caused him to quit. Also the behind behind scenes show(Forget the name Something gallery) Pascal was on set In the suit way more in season 2 it appears.
    So why did she make those claims?

Because she knows her audience and the rumors they’d like to indulge in.

What Coal said or maybe a source just lied her too. Iono she never owned it so we don't know if she was making shit up or a trusted source did.