Page 165 of 211 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I haven't watched many of her videos, but what's the problem with her? Just curious
    Aside from the mandalorian stuff:

She spread untrue leaks from birds of prey (which led to paedophilia claims from some articles) and refused to apologise/back down - Cathy Yan and Ava DeVernay absolutely demolished her though

Claimed that John Campea was taking bribes from Disney (or something similar) despite having actually given a positive review to BvS

There's definitely more that I just can't think of atm. My main problem is her arrogance and refusal to admit when she's wrong

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post

She spread untrue leaks from birds of prey (which led to paedophilia claims from some articles) and refused to apologise/back down - Cathy Yan and Ava DeVernay absolutely demolished her though

Claimed that John Campea was taking bribes from Disney (or something similar) despite having actually given a positive review to BvS

There's definitely more that I just can't think of atm. My main problem is her arrogance and refusal to admit when she's wrong
    The thing with Campea was soooooo bizarre. Campea has always been very partial stuff to Snyder's stuff (he still calls MoS a masterpiece) but she was so caught up in the BvS vs Civil War that she went after him (and his wife I think) very hard. It was very bizarre and rubbed people the wrong way. She's also been attacking Jessica Chastain for some reason and she just says dumb stuff (like comparing BP to Roots).

Honestly, she comes across as somewhat eccentric.

She's also aligned with the Fandom Menace, if that means anything to you.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Discovery is not a reboot, although you are right that Snyder's work is nothing like Star Trek.

However, it was just one of any number of examples you could pull that the Snyder Cut is no game changer in regards to streaming content with movie-level production values; Snyder is just following the crowd on this format.
    Did anyone think Discovery was going to be a game changer with Alex Kurtzman name attached to the series?

No offence but you see how I cannot just accept you trying to tell me the Snyder cut will be no game changer, when the premise is already there with the 6 part setting. Snyder's cut looks more high budget than discovery not to mention far more stylistic. I think visually this may be the LOTR of comic books if he gets the story right and the 6 part split seems to give him a good chance of doing so

Ultimate Member

Wait, pedophilia?

I remember the whole "Disney paying off critics" conspiracy theory when Civil War was coming out

Wait, pedophilia?

I remember the whole "Disney paying off critics" conspiracy theory when Civil War was coming out
    Yeah, so because Randolph "leaked" a story point about Black Mask's nude being stolen by Cassandra Cain (who's a minor in the film), articles and internet users were kicking up a fuss about paedophilic content. Google "Cathy Yan Grace Randolph" if you wanna see more about it, Yan was clearly very angry (and rightfully so).

Ultimate Member

Yeah, so because Randolph "leaked" a story point about Black Mask's nude being stolen by Cassandra Cain (who's a minor in the film), articles and internet users were kicking up a fuss about paedophilic content. Google "Cathy Yan Grace Randolph" if you wanna see more about it, Yan was clearly very angry (and rightfully so).
    That's crazy.

So where did the "paying off critics" thing come from?

How many got this while wanting to watch Tom & Jerry? The mere idea that this mix up happened is entertaining.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    How many got this while wanting to watch Tom & Jerry? The mere idea that this mix up happened is entertaining.
    I heard about that. It's pretty funnt, honestly

That's crazy.

So where did the "paying off critics" thing come from?
    It was a long time ago so I should stress that I may be wrong about some aspects of this (it isn't detailed in articles like the BoP/Cathy yan stuff) but from what I remember:

Randolph started calling out fellow pop culture critic John Campea for writing a positive review for Civil War - I assume there were some comparisons in there to BvS. She claimed that he had a Disney bias etc, however she seemed to miss that he actually had a pretty good review for BvS and loves MoS. I think there were some implications of Disney bribing certain critics. Again, this is going from memory of it happening in real time so I'm sure I may be exaggerating some points, but I think generally she was just throwing these wild accusations around because she seems to have a big bias toward Snyder's DC movies.

Ultimate Member

It was a long time ago so I should stress that I may be wrong about some aspects of this (it isn't detailed in articles like the BoP/Cathy yan stuff) but from what I remember:

Randolph started calling out fellow pop culture critic John Campea for writing a positive review for Civil War - I assume there were some comparisons in there to BvS. She claimed that he had a Disney bias etc, however she seemed to miss that he actually had a pretty good review for BvS and loves MoS. I think there were some implications of Disney bribing certain critics. Again, this is going from memory of it happening in real time so I'm sure I may be exaggerating some points, but I think generally she was just throwing these wild accusations around because she seems to have a big bias toward Snyder's DC movies.
    All you have to do to not like Snyder's movies is to watch his movies.

Just joking, I liked MOS, and BVS had some good moments, but it's no surprise to me when critics dislked them. That's why this conspiracy theory makes no sense

All you have to do to not like Snyder's movies is to watch his movies.

Just joking, I liked MOS, and BVS had some good moments, but it's no surprise to me when critics dislked them. That's why this conspiracy theory makes no sense
    It was stuff like that exchange that led to the inane argument that critics didn't like the "Snyderverse" because it wasn't like MCU's movies. We know this isn't true because films like Logan and Joker did pretty well critically and commercially. But hey, I'm hoping that with the Snyder Cut being released finally, these tensions can be eased. Personally, I just want DC to move on with some of these characters instead of being dragged back to films from 4 - 5 years ago that divided the fans.

While we're at it let's get the Gavin Hood cut of X-Men Origins Wolverine released

Ultimate Member

It was stuff like that exchange that led to the inane argument that critics didn't like the "Snyderverse" because it wasn't like MCU's movies. We know this isn't true because films like Logan and Joker did pretty well critically and commercially. But hey, I'm hoping that with the Snyder Cut being released finally, these tensions can be eased. Personally, I just want DC to move on with some of these characters instead of being dragged back to films from 4 - 5 years ago that divided the fans.

While we're at it let's get the Gavin Hood cut of X-Men Origins Wolverine released
    Yeah, I want the DCEU to move on. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam and BoP are all moving forward in their own way.

Not sure what's going on with the Flash movie, or with Superman and Cyborg

Yeah, I want the DCEU to move on. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam and BoP are all moving forward in their own way.

Not sure what's going on with the Flash movie, or with Superman and Cyborg
    They will move on, but some things will need to change (or are already planned).

Wonder Woman 3 will finish up the trilogy but a lot of changes are gonna have to be made to make up for the huge disappointment of 84. I like Patty Jenkins but that was a mess. I wouldn’t be surprised if WB isn’t so hands off for the next film.

Aquaman 2 and Shazam 2 are moving forward but there’s not going to be a BoP sequel. There was talk that James Gunn and Margot Robbie were possibly working on a Harley project together.

Flash will introduce the DC movie multiverse. It’ll bring back Keaton’s Batman and also introduce Supergirl.

Superman is being rebooted and he’s going to be black. The Cyborg movie isn’t happening and probably never was.

The Snyder Cut would have to be considered one of the studio’s biggest successes in years in order for them to consider a sequel. I don’t see them giving Snyder $300-400 million for another movie. Cavill and Affleck are done with their respective roles and both characters are being rebooted. Ray Fisher will never work for the studio again. I can’t imagine Gadot coming back for anything after Wonder Woman 3. It’ll be interesting to see if the Aquaman follow up is as lucrative as the first one. It did ok domestically but made most of its money overseas. I have very low confidence in Ezra Miller’s ability to carry the Flash franchise but we’ll see.

It seems like there are plans for the JSA to take over for the Justice League once the team is established in Black Adam.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-12-2021 at 08:40 AM.

Well that's interesting. I only knew about the Zack Snyder stuff and the BOP stuff in regards to Grace, and I didn't mention the BOP stuff cause I thought this was just in regards to her being unreliable as a critic with Zack Snyder. I missed everything else, mostly cause she's one of a handful of critics I go to for movie reviews but otherwise I don't follow or keep track of outside of her movie reviews. I did think it was weird she got choked up, twice, when talking about the Diana/Steve Trevor romance in Wonder Woman 1984.