Page 166 of 211 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 3155
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They will move on, but some things will need to change (or are already planned).

Wonder Woman 3 will finish up the trilogy but a lot of changes are gonna have to be made to make up for the huge disappointment of 84. I like Patty Jenkins but that was a mess. I wouldn’t be surprised if WB isn’t so hands off for the next film.

Aquaman 2 and Shazam 2 are moving forward but there’s not going to be a BoP sequel. There was talk that James Gunn and Margot Robbie were possibly working on a Harley project together.

Flash will introduce the DC movie multiverse. It’ll bring back Keaton’s Batman and also introduce Supergirl.

Superman is being rebooted and he’s going to be black. The Cyborg movie isn’t happening and probably never was.

The Snyder Cut would have to be considered one of the studio’s biggest successes in years in order for them to consider a sequel. I don’t see them giving Snyder $300-400 million for another movie. Cavill and Affleck are done with their respective roles and both characters are being rebooted. Ray Fisher will never work for the studio again. I can’t imagine Gadot coming back for anything after Wonder Woman 3. It’ll be interesting to see if the Aquaman follow up is as lucrative as the first one. It did ok domestically but made most of its money overseas. I have very low confidence in Ezra Miller’s ability to carry the Flash franchise but we’ll see.

It seems like there are plans for the JSA to take over for the Justice League once the team is established in Black Adam.
    I just used those movies as examples, but you make good points.

It's kinda disappointing what happened with Cyborg, considering he's the only guy in the JL movie who had an actual emotional journey in that movie (I'm surprised Snyder could pull that off), plus he's the most prominent African-American superhero in DC.

I'm interested in seeing how Supergirl fits into Flash. At least we'll be getting some part of the Superman universe, right?

I would actually love it if they moved on from the Justice League and started fresh with the JSA. Make them a team of veteran heroes who help train the new generation like Johns established in the comics. They already have Hawkman, Dr. Fate, Cyclone, and Atom Smasher set to debut in that flick. They have Blue Beetle on the way so they can include him on the team as one of the new generation of superheroes. Hell, maybe even Supergirl.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well that's interesting. I only knew about the Zack Snyder stuff and the BOP stuff in regards to Grace, and I didn't mention the BOP stuff cause I thought this was just in regards to her being unreliable as a critic with Zack Snyder. I missed everything else, mostly cause she's one of a handful of critics I go to for movie reviews but otherwise I don't follow or keep track of outside of her movie reviews. I did think it was weird she got choked up, twice, when talking about the Diana/Steve Trevor romance in Wonder Woman 1984.
    Grace shills for many particular series, However she is one of the few critics that constantly point out some of the real biases against DC. that is why I like her more times than none. But with the Snyder cut , she has overstepped her place as a critic and speaking of wonder woman steve/diana, I remember when she was reviewing Rise of the Planet of Apes and she was just tearing down the film because the movie was about to slow down wonder woman 1 box office. which hard already slowed down anyway and was still doing amazing.

I found that strange because as a fan of wonder woman and planet of the apes, I liked both and wanted them to do well. infact wonder woman had already done about 350 million in usa at that time , so rise of the planet of the apes was not a threat to wonder woman. It was unprofessional of her to give fake superficial reviews about Rise of the apes because she felt she needed to personally protect another film.

Many people in the media now cannot separate been professionals and fan stanning when reviewing a movie. the line has been so destroyed and I also think this is why most comic films in this era get good reviews for the dumbest and most shallow reasons that will never have happened in 2000 or 2005.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-12-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Many people in the media now cannot separate been professionals and fan stanning when reviewing a movie. the line has been so destroyed and I also think this is why most comic films in this era get good reviews for the dumbest and most shallow reasons that will never have happened in 2000 or 2005.
    I agree there is some element of such a bias, but i dont think it's as big as you're claiming - for sure with some publications and YouTubers
    that are focussed on pop culture, BUT most reputable publications have professionals employed to review. Most Marvel comic book movies get 3 or 4 stars as an average, indicating average to good reviews, which is about right imo - fun movies but not masterpieces. I definitely don't think the bias is far reaching enough to claim Snyder's films have been unfairly treated by critics overall - especially when films such as Logan, Joker and Deadpool have had a good overall critical average.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I agree there is some element of such a bias, but i dont think it's as big as you're claiming - for sure with some publications and YouTubers
    that are focussed on pop culture, BUT most reputable publications have professionals employed to review. Most Marvel comic book movies get 3 or 4 stars as an average, indicating average to good reviews, which is about right imo - fun movies but not masterpieces. I definitely don't think the bias is far reaching enough to claim Snyder's films have been unfairly treated by critics overall - especially when films such as Logan, Joker and Deadpool have had a good overall critical average.
    I think Snyder's movies aren't well received because they're not that good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    WOW, a big MCU fan like Jack The Tripper finally agrees with me on something. I must be 100% correct with this one.lol

Yes there is bias and it is as big but we will now start disagreeing again, everything that happened from man of steel's movie reception was because many critics stopped been professionals. Sndyer movies had flaws, I am not saying they dont. but if they had just reviewed man of steel from what Snyder said what his vision instead of the marvel vision that has just become such a behemoth after Avengers 2012, none of us will even be here talking about the Snyder cut

I will always say that I wish and truly wish, Man of Steel had come out in 2009, just 1 year after The Dark Knight and not a year after Avengers that almost permanently changed a lot of things about reviewing comic book movies from the more artistically mindful professional eras of the 2000s decade

WOW, a big MCU fan like Jack The Tripper finally agrees with me on something. I must be 100% correct with this one.lol

Yes there is bias and it is as big but we will now start disagreeing again, everything that happened from man of steel's movie reception was because many critics stopped been professionals. Sndyer movies had flaws, I am not saying they dont. but if they had just reviewed man of steel from what Snyder said what his vision instead of the marvel vision that has just become such a behemoth after Avengers 2012, none of us will even be here talking about the Snyder cut

I will always say that I wish and truly wish, Man of Steel had come out in 2009, just 1 year after The Dark Knight and not a year after Avengers that almost permanently changed a lot of things about reviewing comic book movies from the more artistically mindful professional eras of the 2000s decade
    Lol whatever you say mate

Did anyone think Discovery was going to be a game changer with Alex Kurtzman name attached to the series?
    While the long term legacy of it remains to be seen, it has kicked off a successful new era of the franchise, and Kurtzman does seem to be doing better in his current role than when he was writing for the franchise. It's certainly proving to be more impactful in the long run then the "dead end" Snyder Cut seems primed to be at this point (although all that remains to be seen).

No offence but you see how I cannot just accept you trying to tell me the Snyder cut will be no game changer, when the premise is already there with the 6 part setting.
    No offense taken, but I can't see that, since, as pointed out before, it's hardly the first.

Snyder's cut looks more high budget than discovery not to mention far more stylistic.
    And yet it looks uglier and cheaper. (Okay, to be fair, Star Trek was always more about the substance then the style, but, unlike Snyder, they have often gotten both, as opposed to just the style.)

I think visually this may be the LOTR of comic books if he gets the story right and the 6 part split seems to give him a good chance of doing so
    Well, it would be a first for him if so, I guess.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

How will Snyder be a game changer when him using one color in a movie is painfully out of date?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    She's also aligned with the Fandom Menace, if that means anything to you.
    Ahh..that explains a lot.

Ultimate Member

Fandom Menace is the more extreme Star Wars fandom which got angry at Gina Carano being fired, right?

Ultimate Member

I'm actually very intrigued about the Snyder cut of JL. Not because Snyder is some great director (his work isn't great) but because I want him to finish up what he started. WB/DC consciously moving away from his vision was ultimately the right thing to do and the results for that speak for themselves.

But I've personally always been interested in the Fourth World stuff. I just hope that Darkseid isn't just a "world conquering tyrant" and has something more to him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Fandom Menace is the more extreme Star Wars fandom which got angry at Gina Carano being fired, right?
    Let's just say that Fandom Menace is quite problematic. Ultimately, it's more comicsgate and gamergate adjacent than anything else.

It's pretty toxic stuff.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm actually very intrigued about the Snyder cut of JL. Not because Snyder is some great director (his work isn't great) but because I want him to finish up what he started. WB/DC consciously moving away from his vision was ultimately the right thing to do and the results for that speak for themselves.

But I've personally always been interested in the Fourth World stuff. I just hope that Darkseid isn't just a "world conquering tyrant" and has something more to him.
    I do want to see Darkseid

Let's just say that Fandom Menace is quite problematic. Ultimately, it's more comicsgate and gamergate adjacent than anything else.

It's pretty toxic stuff.
    Dear God, not those lunatics!

Considering his original plan was a 5 movie saga and this JL cut ends on a cliffhanger, this still won't be him finishing what he started. If anything, it will make his fans want to see the rest.