Page 170 of 211 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3155
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I'm not trying to be negative but there is almost no chance that this is successful enough for them rethink they're current plans. Aquaman and Wonder Women blew his previous films out of the water. If by some miracle a sequel happens it would have to be on HBO max. Also only time will tell but I see no evidence that this film has any level of awareness outside of Fandom. I think the amount of awareness among fandom creates a false reality. Where as most average Joe's have no idea what this from what I've seen. Also it would need to get great reviews and make financial sense. Casuals aren't aware, so every Snydercut supporter would have to not be enrolled in HBOmax and sign up just for this. Then unenroll before GvK. So who knows what could happen but I think Snyder followers best chance is an animated mini series. Team up with DC animation and get it done.
    I think we almost agree in many ways on this with but there's a few things that make me hesitant and makes this too unknown:

1. HBO Max is a huge priority and as of late there have been different signals on what WarnerMedia wants and will do vs WB.
    2. Home sales of many of the films have been strong which is the best indicator at this time of possible people who would be interested.
    3. Adding on from my first point, HBO Max can do what it wants and WB can do what it wants thats what throws the biggest wrench in this. So if hypothetically, WB does not move forward with Henry Cavill as Superman then HBO Max has the opportunity to pick it up if they want to. From a streaming service standpoint picking up the current DCEU wouldn't be a bad buy. Im stating this when I compare the content that's on Netflix and Amazon. The DC films were not big in comparison to Marvel but the majority did not perform bad. With that being said, lets say that JL does as well as a $300-$400 million dollar movie in streaming numbers, does that prompt a sequel? Its hard to say because streaming service metrics for success are different then the theatrical release metrics for success. But my guess is that the success criteria for streaming is less than the success criteria for theatrical which could benefit this film.
    4. Snyder doesn't have a bad relationship with HBO Max yet. WB relationship is blown to shreds though.

Its way too hard to call any future for DC because of HBO Max now and the parent company's extreme interest in making it popular and getting subscribers.

The issue of the MCU having poor colour grading has been discussed in the community for years now, with this video on it having almost three million views.

If you look up 'MCU color grading' on Youtube you can get all sorts of videos discussing this subject and even some restoring colour to MCU films. Most of these films are objectively not colourful, but a lot of MCU fans think that they are...It's almost as if they can only value and interpret these films purely in contrast to the Zach Snyder's work!
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-13-2021 at 07:20 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    What I said was in no way controversial. The issue of the MCU having poor colour grading has been discussed in the community for years now, with this video on it having almost three million views.

If you look up 'MCU color grading' on Youtube you can get all sorts of videos discussing this subject and even some restoring colour to MCU films. Most of these films are objectively not colourful, but a lot of MCU fans think that they are...It's almost as if they can only value and interpret these films purely in contrast to the Zach Snyder's work!
    The video you quoted also says most of the MCU movies are good, “even great”. Do you agree with that portion too?

The video of course has 3 million views, so that opinion can’t be wrong.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 03-13-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Ultimate Member

MCU films having suspect color grading doesn't negate Snyder's films being too monochrome

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    MCU films having suspect color grading doesn't negate Snyder's films being too monochrome
    Right? Hating Marvel’s colors should just make someone hate Snyder’s even more. Lol

Sometimes the MCU colors do come out a bit drab. I've complained about that myself elsewhere. But Snyder's movies all have some kind of single color filter over them preventing any different kinds of colors from really being shown.
    I would argue there is a greater purpose in the colour gradient in Zack Snyder's work, particularly in BvS, whose filter is different than MoS (yet people usually think they are the same). In BvS there is greater emphasis on playing with light. You can see this a lot with scenes involving kryptonite, because the green is so bright, though really its an element throughout the film.

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The Wahcowski’s used green better.

Ultimate Member

I would argue there is a greater purpose in the colour gradient in Zack Snyder's work, particularly in BvS, whose filter is different than MoS (yet people usually think they are the same). In BvS there is greater emphasis on playing with light. You can see this a lot with scenes involving kryptonite, because the green is so bright, though really its an element throughout the film.

I think light filters and muted color palates can work, but it got boring for me by BvS.

BANNED

What I said was in no way controversial. The issue of the MCU having poor colour grading has been discussed in the community for years now, with this video on it having almost three million views.
    Of course, youtubes like this never discuss the fact that they intentionally turn down the saturation in their clips in order to make a point that doesn't actually exist

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think light filters and muted color palates can work, but it got boring for me by BvS.
    Outside of CBMs, I think stuff like the two versions of Suspiria are examples of films doing quite different things with color and lighting (the original having lots of bright dream like colors, the remake being MUCH more muted) and still having both be gorgeous in their own ways. Far more so than anything we've ever gotten from Snyder (or most CBMs in general).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Outside of CBMs, I think stuff like the two versions of Suspiria are examples of films doing quite different things with color and lighting (the original having lots of bright dream like colors, the remake being MUCH more muted) and still having both be gorgeous in their own ways. Far more so than anything we've ever gotten from Snyder (or most CBMs in general).
    I haven't seen Suspiria. Is it any good?

I'm generally not into the whole "lighting = mood" thing. It comes off as a bit illogical. But, I maybe wrong on that.

I'm generally not into the whole "lighting = mood" thing. It comes off as a bit illogical. But, I maybe wrong on that.
    The original is very good the remake not so good.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ok. I'm not even sure what it's about

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I actually think the remake is a better film than the original. The original is a classic mostly for the atmosphere and cinematography, but the characters are pretty dull and it's a bit goofy (especially with the dubbing).

Both are worth watching at least once if you like horror films though

Ok. I'm not even sure what it's about
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Mothers