Page 171 of 211 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3155

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I actually think the remake is a better film than the original. The original is a classic mostly for the atmosphere and cinematography, but the characters are pretty dull and it's a bit goofy (especially with the dubbing).

Both are worth watching at least once if you like horror films though
    I mean the movie is dated sure but I wouldn't say Goofy maybe the bat seen? Other than that it's a really great horror movie with amazing gore and the FX still hold up for the most part I also think the main girl and the witch were great characters the rest don't really matter as for the dub I didn't have a problem with that as for the remake it was slow boring and long with little pay off in the end in my opinion.

Ultimate Member

Ok. I'll check it our

So, remember when Joe Manganiello posted that photo of Deathstroke's sword on Instagram? There was an emblem on the sword hilt that was supposed to be one for the League of Assassins. Well, as it turns out, one fan did a reverse Google Image search, and it turns out that it's actually from the Halo video games:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFrie...m_source=share

Apparently, one fan used that emblem for the League in their fanfic, which somehow caused it to be the first thing when you google "Ra's Al Ghul symbol" on images.

Ultimate Member

So ra's isn't confirmed?

When does the review embargo lift?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Is there a review embargo on this? I just assumed it was like other streaming content and reviews didn't happen until it was actually released.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    No. And you know how I feel about hype? it is worth-less in the longer run.
    Hasn't the Snyder Cut been built on hype? (Heck, you could make the case that the only reason we got it was hype, albeit hype over the possibility of it vs. hype over something that's known to be in the works.)

Because we may be getting more 4-6 parts DC movies we can watch from home than going to cinema. not to mention this will open doors to telling more stand alone stories not even part of a shared universe.

If Snyder has a wish and someone makes a batman and deathstroke film, that could be something entirely different from the rob parttinson batman film that will be playing in cinema.
    Once again, Snyder was not the first. Direct-to-streaming projects with impressive budgets were a thing and Joker and the new Batman movie were put into production as non-shared universe DC movies before before AT&T signed off on a reworking of Justice League. If anything, the Snyder Cut was facilitated by other projects trailblazing the way for it to exist rather then the other way round.

Snyder movies dont look mass manufactured. snyder movies are his own movies, no one can copy it.
    If you say so.

Snyder has never liked much colours because he does not like cartoony looking movies, it is his film choice of style, that is not the same as saying it is not his strongest suit, other directors like Bryan Singer and Chris Nolan hated colors. the OOC Color thing in CBM was more from the marvel/disney camp because colours represented fun-lightness, which was not what Snyder was going for
    That's not how colors work. True enough that the kind of color saturation can set the mood and tone, but bright colors do not equal "fun and cartoony" by default. Consider Logan (a movie which used a muted color palate way better then the Snyderverse movies) and the effective use of bright colors for the neon signs when the main characters arrive in the big city. That's not meant to convey cartoony, but the sense of wonder for Laura seeing the city for the first time.

Long story short, limiting and muting colors has its place, but Snyder dials it all down with no rhyme or reason, creating a drab movie (heck, even Wonder Woman lampshaded it). As a graphic designer, BvS was just painful to look at.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

I personally prefer the colors to represent themselves as opposed to putting a drab cover over all the scenes. I could barely tell Superman's suit was blue

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Monday, apparently.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Monday, apparently.
    Who's excited?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Who's excited?
    I don’t think the reviews are going to surprise anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I don’t think the reviews are going to surprise anyone.
    I don't think this movie is going change anyone opinion who was vastly either way good or bad on the movie. If you like it before you are going to still like it, If you hated before you are going to still hate it. The only people who this matters is people who were on the fence, Which I guess I am part of that group I didn't hate the movie but also I didn't love the movie. So for me it can be cemented further in one of those directions. I know my bias I am Cyborg and Flash fan so I am bound to like this movie more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Randolph over dramatises everything, and that includes the Campea incident. She, like a lot of people seems personally offended that people don't like what she likes. She is one example of a biased critic (as we know with her weird hatred for Jessica Chastain and her contact with Snyder as you've stated).
    Opposed to campea constantly being wrong, like not even in the same ballpark about the Snyder cut while claiming (arrogantly I might add) that he, being an insider knows how films are made and us simple folk have no idea. He's an insufferable douche bag who s been consistently wrong about ever single dc film.

Yes, it is much of a dead horse of the loss of professional criticism with comic films. Most of us cant even say a movie is great anymore because critics said so. this used to be very easy in 2000-2010.

I once asked the question, in this genre of comics films. how long can we sustain the critical positive genre narrative of fun and action comedy even when I saw DC Aquaman, Shazam and Whedon's Justice League tried to follow suit to get those type of Marvel reception and now Wonder Woman 84 may have begged too much for it. I even predicted fans will get tired of those sort of superficial movie reviews and go back to the older stuff.

DC will recover from this, Joker, Wonder Woman 84, Birds of Prey. DC will realise they did not need to change much and what they needed to do is , let the professional critics come back and do their jobs again. I think this is why Man of Steel still holds up better than Aquaman or Shazam because those that reviewed man of steel from a professional critical review has just aged better.

For Marvel it will be harder with some of their future movies because I do truly think their Xmen/Blade movies will be very controversial and will not sustain the Marvel-Avengers status quo reviews because of their past movies that were so different. DC however have nothing to loose or fear anymore and if this Cut succeeds, it's a wrap because it means they can do whatever they want which opens the door from more creative artistic decisions and would not be at the mercy of critical reception anymore like they were in 2016 with BvS
    Excellent post.

I think the reason man of steel and batman v superman get the cult following they do is because there are things happening beneath the surface, deconstruction of characters, religious motifs etc that speak to us even if we don't initially see them right away. There is a lot of subtext happening in them. A wide audience can see the surface however intelligent people can dig deeper. I also suspect that's why they are hated.

I think the core group of haters are bothered by something in the subtext. They have a hard idea of what these characters are and don't want them deconstructed in the way Snyder does. Of course the other group is marvel fan boys.

I think time will be very kind to Snyder's trilogy (hopefully more) I know I keep going back to man of steel and bvs because they speak to me in a way I've never experienced in superhero films. I think man of steel and bvs are masterpieces and I suspect in time more people will be stuck analysing them and not being able to quite kick them.

As you pointed out the future is limitless now that smarter people are guiding the ship. I hope it's open and smooth waters (and we get justice league 2&3)

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Opposed to campea constantly being wrong, like not even in the same ballpark about the Snyder cut while claiming (arrogantly I might add) that he, being an insider knows how films are made and us simple folk have no idea. He's an insufferable douche bag who s been consistently wrong about ever single dc film.
    I've never said Campea was good, but either way it doesn't make the criticisms of Grace Randolph redundant.