Page 19 of 211 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    And you would be wrong again. Nobody knew after Infinity War that Time Travel would play a role. Guessing but not knowing.

And regarding Dawn of justice. The movie started a discussion about the direction of the movies. The death of Superman was just part of the problem.
    You don't read many comic books do you? time travel is a top 2 solution to bring people back from the dead. infinity war's time travel was the easiest puzzle to figure out, it was the only solution.

Also MCU had already announced Spiderman far from home, black panther 2 and dr strange 2 . We knew they were not dead for long.

the death of superman was not a problem. the death of superman is the answer we knew all along. we should have had the real JL movie not the Whedon crap we got.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Oh please, if Guardians did not make a lot of money Warner would only make Batman movies and perhaps a Superman movie. They started looking at other Characters because the first Guardians was sucessfull.

And my main Problem with Snyder is simply that he could make a Captain Carrot movie and it would get the Watchmen treatment.
    I mean one of the rumours about his version of JLA was that the hostages in the beginning are all killed in that.
    Seeing that he killed off Jimmy Olsen and the only ways to know that is watching the after credits or reading an interview about him bragging about it, i would not be surprised if that is true.
    DC already made a suicide squad animation movie. They would have made a live action at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Did DC want it, or did Ayer want it? Because clearly both of them didn't want the same thing, according to Ayer. So if Warner Brothers wanted something like Guardians (which they clearly did and still do which is why they got the director of said film), that disproves your point about nobody wanting to do anything like the MCU anyway.

GOTG is very light hearted, DC was trying very hard...maybe too hard to be dark. it could not have been copying GOTG on that alone.

Also, I'm not gonna take Ayer's word on wanting a soulful drama when he made Bright. And when he was doing that, he made it a point to differentiate that Netflix doesn't control his directors. So if he made that without studio interference, who's to say Suicide Squad was any better?
    Ayer has said his plans. I have to believe him on some grounds. Maybe you can't do take his word on any ground because you want to be convinced he was influenced by GOTG.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-03-2020 at 06:58 AM.

The majority of people who saw Infinity War don't read comics so, no, they didn't think time travel would be involved. A lot of people cared that Spider-Man and Black Panther were turned to dust, even those who knew they'd be back.

Superman's death in BvS felt hollow not because we knew he'd be back. It was because a lot of people didn't care about him as a character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The majority of people who saw Infinity War don't read comics so, no, they didn't think time travel would be involved. A lot of people cared that Spider-Man and Black Panther were turned to dust, even those who knew they'd be back.

Superman's death in BvS felt hollow not because we knew he'd be back. It was because a lot of people didn't care about him as a character.
    The majority of people knew characters come back in fiction either by time travel or resurrection spells.

Lord of the rings and harry potter had resurrection powers to bring people back. harry potter had time travel.
    =

I do visibly remember when IW was out, everyone I knew all said we knew they will be back by time travel and that is everyone I knew, most don't read comics.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-03-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The majority of people knew characters come back in fiction either by time travel or resurrection spells.

Lord of the rings and harry potter had resurrection powers to bring people back. harry potter had time travel.

I think many people already know of it works from other franchises.

I do visibly remember when IW was out, everyone I knew all said we knew they will be back by time travel and that is everyone I knew, most don't read comics.
    They also know Marvel and DC characters are fictional so they actors are actually ok, the point is to create a story where the audience cares for your characters and what happens to them in the moment Infinity War successed where BvS failed.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

GOTG is very light hearted, DC was trying very hard...maybe too hard to be dark. it could not have been copying GOTG on that alone.

Ayer has said his plans. I have to believe him on some grounds. Maybe you can't do take his word on any ground because you want to be convinced he was influenced by GOTG.
    You keep contradicting yourself, proving my point and all at the same time misunderstanding what I'm saying.

I never said Ayer wanted to make SS like GOTG. I said WB wanted to (which is obvious in how the film turned out, how it was marketed, and who is directing the sequel/reboot). Which proves that the film serves as inspiration, which counters your claim that no one looks to the MCU for inspiration.

And I don't trust Ayer because I think he's a liar. The same guy that said this yesterday said this many years ago.

BANNED

You don't read many comic books do you? time travel is a top 2 solution to bring people back from the dead. infinity war's time travel was the easiest puzzle to figure out, it was the only solution.

Also MCU had already announced Spiderman far from home, black panther 2 and dr strange 2 . We knew they were not dead for long.

the death of superman was not a problem. the death of superman is the answer we knew all along. we should have had the real JL movie not the Whedon crap we got.

DC already made a suicide squad animation movie. They would have made a live action at some point.

I read more than enough comic since 1980 at least so i Would say time travel is in the Top 5 perhaps. It was one option but not the only one by far.
    The most obvious solution would have been right out of Infinity Gauntlet. Perhaps you should read it some time. That they avoided that is one big plus of the movie.

And if you bring in other franchise saying that time travel is the sure solution is even more strange.
    Last edited by lowfyr; 06-03-2020 at 07:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They also know Marvel and DC characters are fictional so they actors are actually ok, the point is to create a story where the audience cares for your characters and what happens to them in the moment Infinity War successed where BvS failed.
    If it is about creating a story. Man of Steel and 3/4 of Batman v Superman had already given Superman a story, a story so bold some felt it made them uncomfortable. His death is worth more than Black Panther and Spiderman, neither character never had the hardship that superman had to face with 1 and 3/4 of a film.

Superman was a misunderstood outsider, an eyesore to humanity. he proved the world was wrong with his death, what did Spiderman and black panther do of that same kind of humanity task to make their deaths matter?

Superman's death had more weight. The core Avengers survived the snap. Superman is a core JL member who died. And it was a sacrificial death, which makes it more meaningful

We can subjectively pick what death we felt but objectively the story of superman's death carries more weight.

Now we get to see the real aftermath with the JL Cut of Superman's death. We never wanted an Avengers inspired JL crap from Joss Whedon.

If it is about creating a story. Man of Steel and 3/4 of Batman v Superman had already given Superman a story, a story so bold some felt it made them uncomfortable. His death is worth more than Black Panther and Spiderman, neither character never had the hardship that superman had to face with 1 and 3/4 of a film.

Superman was a misunderstood outsider, an eyesore to humanity. he proved the world was wrong with his death, what did Spiderman and black panther do of that same kind of humanity task to make their deaths matter?

Superman's death had more weight. The core Avengers survived the snap. Superman is a core JL member who died. And it was a sacrificial death, which makes it more meaningful

We can subjectively pick what death we felt but objectively the story of superman's death carries more weight.

Now we get to see the real aftermath with the JL Cut of Superman's death. We never wanted an Avengers inspired JL crap from Joss Whedon.
    Yet no one cared about Snyder's Superman's death.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yet no one cared about Snyder's Superman's death.

So no one cared , but they dedicated 4 years of their lives to push for WB to release the JL cut. this is more laughable than saying Snyder's man of steel is brainless but the twist in iron man 3 worked. The JL Cut, that I will presume is the real sequel to superman's death in BvS is now the biggest movie news since forever. Took people's mind of covid-19 for a while. Other are now pushing for a Suicide Squad cut and Star Wars cut.

Ripple effects is not caused by a lack of care.

=

No, the majority of people don't even think about this stuff like that. It was about the moment and how the audience felt about these characters. The general audience wasn't contemplating how Peter Parker would come back when he was dying in Tony's arms. They were in that moment. That's what we're comparing to Superman's death.

And everyone you know is likely into the same things you are, so of course they're going to discuss it with you and have genre savvy.

So no one cared , but they dedicated 4 years of their lives to push for WB to release the JL cut. this is more laughable than saying Snyder's man of steel is brainless but the twist in iron man 3 worked. The JL Cut, that I will presume is the real sequel to superman's death in BvS is now the biggest movie news since forever. Took people's mind of covid-19 for a while. Other are now pushing for a Suicide Squad cut and Star Wars cut.

Ripple effects is not caused by a lack of care.
    That has nothing to do with Superman's death, though. Hell you see a lot of people are saying they just want to see the original vision played out, not because of any emotional connection to the characters per se.

BANNED

No, the majority of people don't even think about this stuff like that. It was about the moment and how the audience felt about these characters. The general audience wasn't contemplating how Peter Parker would come back when he was dying in Tony's arms. They were in that moment. That's what we're comparing to Superman's death.
    Superman died in Lois Lanes arms. a relationship that has proven to be more less of a pain to the Spiderman and Tony relationship, Spiderman fans seems to loathe.

We understand why superman made the sacrifice and died. There is nothing in for Spiderman. his death means less.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-03-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Superman died in Lois Lanes arms in a tear jerky way. a relationship that has proven to be more less of a pain to the Spiderman and Tony relationship, Spiderman fans seems to loathe.

We understand why superman made the sacrifice and died. There is nothing in for Spiderman. his death means less.
    Not for the audience, it doesn't. We aren't talking about their comics history here. We're speaking strictly about the characters in these films and how audiences connected with them. You didn't see anything on social media about Clark's death like you did Peter's. There's a reason people cheered when everyone came back in Endgame. The MCU just managed to emotionally connect with the majority of its audience on a level that the DCEU didn't manage to. It is what it is.

BANNED

Not for the audience, it doesn't. We aren't talking about their comics history here. We're speaking strictly about the characters in these films and how audiences connected with them.
    The audiences cared Superman died in BvS, some could hardly take the grimness.

You didn't see anything on social media about Clark's death like you did Peter's. There's a reason people cheered when everyone came back in Endgame
    Social media? Remember when Spiderman 2 was the greatest and emotionally done Spiderman movie without social media cheers? social media cheers are for fake billionaires like Kylie Jenner. Good advertising platform to hype anything up.
    The MCU just managed to emotionally connect with the majority of its audience on a level that the DCEU didn't manage to. It is what it is.
    So why is there fear and bitterness that the cut is getting released to an audience that demanded to see it since they never cared how DCEU was wrongfully portrayed?

The audiences cared Superman died in BvS, some could hardly take the grimness.

Social media? Remember when Spiderman 2 was the greatest and emotionally done Spiderman movie without social media cheers? social media cheers are for fake billionaires like Kylie Jenner. Good advertising platform to hype anything up.

So why is there fear and bitterness that the cut is getting released to an audience that demanded to see it since they never cared how DCEU was wrongfully portrayed?
    1. "Grimness" isn't what we're talking about and you know it. Don't be disingenuous.

2. And since we're talking about what the audiences felt, yes social media is valid. We're not talking about the company putting out ad pieces here. We're speaking about popular opinion.

3. Again, we aren't speaking about that type of emotional connection People are upset because the characters they like/love were portrayed poorly in their opinion. That's not the same connection as people have with the MCU, as a whole.