Page 192 of 211 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3155
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Exactly

Apparently because he says so. Somehow the MCU is the worst comic book movie series despite doing better.
    You are arguing from popularity

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    You are arguing from popularity
    I'm talking about how the films are better made.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Okay here is the million dollar question-what gets cut to include Cyborg's core stuff and fit a 2 hour 30 minute movie.
    The Russian family. The burglar at the very beginning. Barry drawing on the guy's face before seeing his dad in prison. The joking on the Flying Fox on the way to fight Steppenwolf. Pretty much everything Joss added.

Just finished the movie, and loved it. I got to say, while I loved the stuff with Cyborg, I want to call this movie the Redemption of Barry Allen. While he was still a little jokey, he was portrayed as far more competent than he was in Joss's cut.

Also got to say- and I know I'll take shit for this- I think Supergirl has a better looking Martian Manhunter.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 03-18-2021 at 01:26 PM.

BANNED

Glad they didn't Nerf Flash. There were several scenes I appreciated and wish had been included in the original. There were several scenes in the original I was disappointed weren't included here.

Still, it felt disjointed, incomplete, and more of a trilogy with incomplete parts than a single interminably long film. But I can well imagine that's the best Snyder could do in the circumstances.

But the color balance. Oh man... the color balance.

Astonishing Member

To comment on the movie. It was much, much better than the Joss version. The plot flows, the characters are developed, there is little that is extraneous like the Russian family. The Flash is a much better character. The epilogue is intriguing.

I still dislike the idiot Luther portrayal. Liked J'onn showing up but why he played Martha was a touch unclear. Darkseid was well done. I enjoyed the somewhat realistic fate of Steppenwolf as compared to the 'we don't kill' crap in the books.

Well done, Joss - you have failed the DCU and DCEU and a lot of other U's.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    To comment on the movie. It was much, much better than the Joss version. The plot flows, the characters are developed, there is little that is extraneous like the Russian family. The Flash is a much better character. The epilogue is intriguing.

I still dislike the idiot Luther portrayal. Liked J'onn showing up but why he played Martha was a touch unclear. Darkseid was well done. I enjoyed the somewhat realistic fate of Steppenwolf as compared to the 'we don't kill' crap in the books.

Well done, Joss - you have failed the DCU and DCEU and a lot of other U's.
    Blaming Joss is a bit unfair, really. It's not like he had complete control or made the film from the ground up.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But would it have worked in a 2 hour 30 minute film than a 4 hour one?
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Okay here is the million dollar question-what gets cut to include Cyborg's core stuff and fit a 2 hour 30 minute movie.
    It is like 15 to 20 mins worth of extra stuff, Let's not pretend it would have been hard to add in Cyborg stuff. Cyborg stuff got cut because it is CGI intensive and someone made the decision to cut things base on a budget. The original cut had 2 hour run time, The extended cut put it up to 2 and 30. So not even talking about the Synder Cut they add 30 mins worth of content. Given what we know now what should have that 30 mins been?

If you are asking could the film fit in Cyborg,Flash, Amazons, Steppenwolf improvements in 2 hours 30 mins? Probably not. If you are asking if they could have fit just Cyborg stuff who is emotional carry in the film? Yes. You are asking if they cut could out just about anything with Lois Lane and Martha Kent and use that time for Cyborg and Flash? Yeah.

I am not going to pretend this doesn't work in anything but 4-hour format BUT it is clear Cyborg is the character who got a complete story arc in the film and telling that story would have made for a better film.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Glad they didn't Nerf Flash. There were several scenes I appreciated and wish had been included in the original. There were several scenes in the original I was disappointed weren't included here.
    Does he have more powers than just super speed?

Still, it felt disjointed, incomplete, and more of a trilogy with incomplete parts than a single interminably long film. But I can well imagine that's the best Snyder could do in the circumstances.

But the color balance. Oh man... the color balance.
    Does Snyder use more than two colors in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I want to call this movie the Redemption of Barry Allen. While he was still a little jokey, he was portrayed as far more competent than he was in Joss's cut.

Also got to say- and I know I'll take shit for this- I think Supergirl has a better looking Martian Manhunter.
    Flash fell down way too many times for my liking,It gets a slight pass because he is a rookie in the film.

And yes Supergirl has better looking MM by far, but Synder was trying for their own thing with MM design.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Flash fell down way too many times for my liking,It gets a slight pass because he is a rookie in the film.

And yes Supergirl has better looking MM by far, but Synder was trying for their own thing with MM design.
    Does Martian Manhunter do anything?

BANNED

Does he have more powers than just super speed?

Does Snyder use more than two colors in the movie?
    I meant he doesn't try to make Flash more than he was originally. He was the best part of the movie.

2 colors would be exaggeration. But everything is infused with blue.

Does Martian Manhunter do anything?
    Action wise. No. Plotwise. Kinda

Ultimate Member

I meant he doesn't try to make Flash more than he was originally. He was the best part of the movie.

2 colors would be exaggeration. But everything is infused with blue.
    So he's still going for that monochrome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Action wise. No. Plotwise. Kinda
    Oh. I've been waiting to see live action MM use his powers for years

Oh. I've been waiting to see live action MM use his powers for years
    Have you seen any of the Supergirl TV show?

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Winston Zeddemore from Ghostbusters. When the role was written it was intended for Eddie Murphy and was a much bigger role. He had a backstory in the armed forces and was with the team from the beginning. After Ernie Hudson was cast his role was significantly reduced to where he had no backstory and joined the team halfway through.
    That's not what happened and lot of half-truths and myths are present here.

Murphy turned down the role due to being the star in Beverly Hills Cop. The script was retooled and a lot of Murphy's character beats and mannerisms were given to Venkman, Murray's character. Aykroyd wrote the script with himself, John Belushi, and Eddie Murphy in mind as the stars. Dan would've been the brain, Belushi the heart, and Murphy the mouth. Murphy's pre-Belushi's death character was what became Venkman. The everyman, the audience's stand in was always meant to be someone like Zeddemore. Dan has alluded to Winston being Murphy's character name but has said he was always meant to be like Venkman. I can see where that would get confusing. I believe Ray and Wintson were the only two names that survived the early drafts but the characters were vastly different than what we got. That part, I am not 100% sure on.

Now Hudson DID have way more scenes and an arc completely cut from GB2, which is where some of your stuff is coming from. Which was part of the reason Bill got upset after the sequel. Another reason Bill got upset was that, at his behest, Ernie was left off top billing and lots of media. There were many other reasons (the fallout with Ramis, etc) but the treatment of Ernie was one of the prime reasons. There WAS recycled background beats from the OG script about the everyman being a military man, etc. but Akroyd has never said if that was meant for Murphy or Belushi's character previously. That background was cut from the 84 script because Dan thought it slowed the pace of the movie. You're adding in a lot of background information that has come to be a part of the comics, VGs, and such, too.

Whether Belushi died or not, the movie saw Murphy's character become Murray's Venkman because he was starring in Beverly Hills Cop. It was not due to studio interference. Now GB2 on the other hand, we can have this argument. And you would be 100% correct on.

The only way Winston would've been different in Ghostbusters, the 1984 one, is if Murphy was not in Beverly Hills Cop. And if he was, then he would've replaced Murray. Hudson still would've been added in as the everyman but probably just a different name.

GB2 Zeddemore on the other hand, I totally think is what you're going for here.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-18-2021 at 02:04 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium